The Official VILLAS at DISNEYLAND HOTEL (Discovery Tower) Owners and Fans Info Thread

Been watching the DVC resale sites. No listings for VDH yet but it has been added to some sites as a sort seletion option.

Wonder when the first contract shows up? I’m guessing back half of 2024.
Wonder what price?

Been watching the DVC resale sites. No listings for VDH yet but it has been added to some sites as a sort seletion option.

Wonder what price?
I bet one gets posted before the end of 2023, there wont be many to choose from for a while, but i bet after someone gets it out of their system this Fall they’ll change their mind and sell it.
I’ll take a guess at $205pp. ;)

Last edited:

Wonder what price?
Riviera was the summer after it opened IIRC. The seller basically wanted all of their money back and nearly got it.

Scored! Put in a waitlist at VDH for first couple of days in Jan. a couple of days ago and it just got fulfilled! Was able to borrow my SSR points vs VDH points from 2024. 😁
Jealous! We put in our VDH WL for same time frame the day it opened (while on the Dream in Iceland) and hasn't cleared. What did you book? We're WL'd for 2 different studio types.

Jealous! We put in our VDH WL for same time frame the day it opened (while on the Dream in Iceland) and hasn't cleared. What did you book? We're WL'd for 2 different studio types.
I did deluxe studio - standard view. Jan 1st thru Jan 3rd.

Plus, Knott's Scary Farm is the OG Halloween Party (it was THE place to go in high school).

Hoping to hit that someday. Owning VDH makes it one step closer. We will be visiting Knott's for the 2nd time for our first VDH trip in March. Can't wait for boysenberry festival!!!!!

Plus, Knott's Scary Farm is the OG Halloween Party (it was THE place to go in high school).
It’s not for everybody. I went once during HS and I’m perfectly fine never going again. When your best friend sacrifices you by pushing you towards the chainsaw guy…. Ya nope. I’m perfectly happy with Oogie Boogie Bash.
Not sure if everyone understands the difference, but just an FYI, Knotts is not for kids after dark... Even young teens could be a bad idea. I don't want to post direct links, but you can get a good idea of whether it is your cup of tea or not. It is definitely NOT Disney. lol
"The Hanging" is like their show that they do on the main stage about 2 (or maybe 3) times per night, & it is very harsh parody stuff, the rest of the park is just more like Universal scary maze type of stuff.
Search "The Hanging" -> https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=knott's+scary+farm+the+hanging

-
Actually this one is worth it. :)

Last edited:
It’s not for everybody. I went once during HS and I’m perfectly fine never going again. When your best friend sacrifices you by pushing you towards the chainsaw guy…. Ya nope. I’m perfectly happy with Oogie Boogie Bash.
Yeah, no part of it is "not so scary", that's for sure. That's why it was rad to go to in high school and college. I would NOT take a pre-teen unless they are used to more extreme scares and characters like Jason, Leatherface, etc. It really is one giant haunted house. They have something 350 "actors" that they bring on every year, all fully professionally costumed and made up by Knotts, including a number of stunt performers, so there's almost no place to hide...LOL.

Yeah, no part of it is "not so scary", that's for sure. That's why it was rad to go to in high school and college. I would NOT take a pre-teen unless they are used to more extreme scares and characters like Jason, Leatherface, etc. It really is one giant haunted house. They have something 350 "actors" that they bring on every year, all fully professionally costumed and made up by Knotts, including a number of stunt performers, so there's almost no place to hide...LOL.
So…you’re saying I should bring my wife along as a surprise and not till her about all the details!

Not sure if everyone understands the difference, but just an FYI, Knotts is not for kids after dark... Even young teens could be a bad idea. I don't want to post direct links, but you can get a good idea of whether it is your cup of tea or not. It is definitely NOT Disney. lol
"The Hanging" is like their show that they do on the main stage about 2 (or maybe 3) times per night, & it is very harsh parody stuff, the rest of the park is just more like Universal scary maze type of stuff.
Search "The Hanging" -> https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=knott's+scary+farm+the+hanging

-
Actually this one is worth it. :)

They don’t do the Hanging anymore. Basically, it’s comparable to and was the inspiration for Halloween Horror Nights at Universal.

Does anyone know if you can see fireworks from the outside seating area at Star View Station?
You can, extremely well as a matter of fact, but you can't. At night, the balcony becomes Skyline Terrace, and is used for DL's version of the fireworks dessert party. That's why the outside seating area closes in late afternoon for DVC members.

*The Skyline Terrace pre-dates the Star View Lounge.

Not sure. When I visited in May, they closed the lounge at 5-6 ish pm so did not have the opportunity to find out. I naturally assumed the outside seating area closed as well. Did the hours of operation change since then? Would be fantastic if you could get a view without the crowd.

Not sure. When I visited in May, they closed the lounge at 5-6 ish pm so did not have the opportunity to find out. I naturally assumed the outside seating area closed as well. Did the hours of operation change since then? Would be fantastic if you could get a view without the crowd.
I think you can! I haven’t been, but I’m pretty sure it’s the same area they used for skyline terrace lounge package.

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2022...e-tomorrowland-lounge-worth-the-we-found-out/
You can, extremely well as a matter of fact, but you can't. At night, the balcony becomes Skyline Terrace, and is used for DL's version of the fireworks dessert party. That's why the outside seating area closes in late afternoon for DVC members.

I was wondering about that. Thank you for the quick reply!

I was wondering about that. Thank you for the quick reply!
I think that is the main reason many members didn't even know you can go out on the terrace. The Skyline Terrace kiosk/podium is at the bottom of the ramp up to the terrace, and it's maybe 150' away from the Star View Station entrance with a pretty good sized sign, so it certainly gives the "no access" vibe from ground level. You wouldn't expect to access it from the lounge when it's branded as something else from the ground.

I only learned today that they are calling the current offering “Dinner in the Stars.” I haven’t been back recently since the pandemic so I don’t know if they made any changes. If someone’s goal is to see just the fireworks, then sure the Skyline Terrace offers that though it’s at a weird angle. But I remember being disappointed missing out on all the projections, etc. It’s nothing like the dessert parties at WDW where you do get an advantage for the show. When I went though we did get Mickey and Minnie and they even played Jenga with us. I remember being impressed Mickey didn’t knock the tower over with his giant hand. 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter