The Official VILLAS at DISNEYLAND HOTEL (Discovery Tower) Owners and Fans Info Thread

Can anyone tell me when the price of VDH might go up?
Just because the current deal ends on Sept 11th doesn't mean the base price of $230 will go up, correct?
If you’re not buying 150 points there is no urgency right now?
Im talking myself down off the financing ledge. lol
They have generally taken 1 price increase per winter. Last increase was December 2022. Prior was in February 2022, then Feb 2021, Jan 2020, Jan 2019, Jan 2018. I’d expect the next to be sometime between December 2023 and February 2024. Likely $7-$8/point.

Of course, no guarantees, but that’s my expectation.
Is there any notice that prices are going up on whatever date they choose?
I think I’ve talked myself into buying VDH over VGC because VDH is only going to go up and VGC is only going to go down (mostly. lol)
So instead of hunting down a VGC contract that i can make a low offer on i might as well pick up VDH now and get VGC later if/when the prices drop and/or i decide i dont even need more points.
Thoughts?

I think I’ve talked myself into buying VDH over VGC because VDH is only going to go up and VGC is only going to go down (mostly. lol)
So instead of hunting down a VGC contract that i can make a low offer on i might as well pick up VDH now and get VGC later if/when the prices drop and/or i decide i dont even need more points.
Thoughts?
More often than not there is warning. But not every time.

Thoughts?
I agree with your thinking Chili. My wife and I had this same ongoing debate for months: VDH or VGC. For the California market over the next few years it should level out to a similar price point for both DVC resorts. One maybe a slight premium over the other.

Also if Disneyland stays are the goal, with VDH direct you have the a slim possibility of landing a VGC reservation. With VGC resale you're locked out of the larger number of VDH rooms.

Not debating which resort theming, location, or value is better. Simply noting that VDH direct gives you more options over VGC resale.

Good luck.

Hi Marty, Why are you “locked out” of VDH with VGC? You should still have the same 7 month chances as eveyone else and with the large number of rooms you may actually stand a chance. Did I miss some restriction? We have VGC resale, poly direct, and are considering adding points at VDH.

Hi Marty, Why are you “locked out” of VDH with VGC? You should still have the same 7 month chances as eveyone else and with the large number of rooms you may actually stand a chance. Did I miss some restriction? We have VGC resale, poly direct, and are considering adding points at VDH.
I believe he means that with VGC resale, you can only use those points at the original 14 DVC resorts and not the future ones like Riviera or VDH.

Hoping to hit that someday. Owning VDH makes it one step closer. We will be visiting Knott's for the 2nd time for our first VDH trip in March. Can't wait for boysenberry festival!!!!!
Just did Great America season pass with the All Cedar Parks add-on. Got the rest of 2023 & all of 2024! Would like to check out the boysenberry festival too!

I agree with your thinking Chili. My wife and I had this same ongoing debate for months: VDH or VGC. For the California market over the next few years it should level out to a similar price point for both DVC resorts. One maybe a slight premium over the other.

Also if Disneyland stays are the goal, with VDH direct you have the a slim possibility of landing a VGC reservation. With VGC resale you're locked out of the larger number of VDH rooms.
Yes, also pricing makes that make more sense right now too. My goal is to have points at both VGC & VDH, so going direct for the lowest it'll probably ever be at VDH seems like the thing to do, where as VGC most likely wont go any higher, especially as the end date gets closer, so i can always pick up VGC down the road.

Now my thing is when will the price of VDH at $230pp go up, That's my new deadline to buy. ;)
I'm just hoping longer than Sept 11th, and actually hoping longer than 2023.

Just did Great America season pass with the All Cedar Parks add-on. Got the rest of 2023 & all of 2024! Would like to check out the boysenberry festival too!
How was Great America (Santa Clara?), we're going in a couple of weeks and I haven't been there for about 30+ years. lol

How was Great America (Santa Clara?), we're going in a couple of weeks and I haven't been there for about 30+ years. lol
Don't know! Haven't been there in forever - Did the Great America season pass with the all Cedar Parks add-on because it's slightly cheaper than doing the Knott's Berry Farm season pass with the add-on also. It will allow us to get parking at Knott's also. Hoping to go to Winter Fest. 😁

Thoughts?
I am quizzical. All this talk of finances can miss the most fundamental purpose of these contracts: pleasure.

I knew I could save money buying VDH (I was wrong on that with the TOT in the end) but when the plans for VDH released I just wasn't impressed. A range of factors (balconies, views, amenities) influenced that decision. So I bought a more expensive VGC contract at the time knowing I'd be far happier there -and I am. Refocus your thinking about what you want to get from your contract. It will vary for different people. If you have to talk yourself into something, take a step back.

Don't know! Haven't been there in forever - Did the Great America season pass with the all Cedar Parks add-on because it's slightly cheaper than doing the Knott's Berry Farm season pass with the add-on also. It will allow us to get parking at Knott's also. Hoping to go to Winter Fest. 😁
Oh, i see, you just got the pass, you didn't go to Great America. I guess I didn't realize Knotts was the same. Good to know.

I am quizzical. All this talk of finances can miss the most fundamental purpose of these contracts: pleasure.

I knew I could save money buying VDH (I was wrong on that with the TOT in the end) but when the plans for VDH released I just wasn't impressed. A range of factors (balconies, views, amenities) influenced that decision. So I bought a more expensive VGC contract at the time knowing I'd be far happier there -and I am. Refocus your thinking about what you want to get from your contract. It will vary for different people. If you have to talk yourself into something, take a step back.
Appreciate the concern, but i have done a lot of math, pretty much for every possibility. Technically I'm new to DVC (bought BRV this year, but have yet to visit WDW), but not new to DLR, so I know I would use DVC in SoCal (I'm in CA, so i would use it yearly, compared to WDW banking and borrowing every 3 years), and I think since I'm used to Harbor (and further), balconies, views & amenities don't have much value to me (yet), I just want to walk less when I got out of the parks, & stay in the bubble. Nothing like (as i cross the street) a wacko holding a sign about how I'm "going to hell" to ruin a good day in the parks. :)

As much as VGC has a leg up on location (VDH is no slouch, especially w/ Trader Sam's, Tangaroa Terrace & The Coffee House), my plan is to end up with a small contract at both. So if i want either one right now VDH is the better deal to get now, meaning its not going to get any cheaper, where as VGC will (most likely) get cheaper as time goes on, & I will always be able to pick up a small contract for at least the same current rate or less down the road.
My new focus is when will that VDH price change and do I want 50 or 80 points. 50 VDH points I would just buy outright, but 80 I'd have to consider financing, & putting a bigger chunk down, like 50%. (just thinking out loud)

Also according to my math $290 VGC is still the better deal than VDH, so that is my magic number, and does included ToT, but does not include financing.

Oh, i see, you just got the pass, you didn't go to Great America. I guess I didn't realize Knotts was the same. Good to know.

Appreciate the concern, but i have done a lot of math, pretty much for every possibility. Technically I'm new to DVC (bought BRV this year, but have yet to visit WDW), but not new to DLR, so I know I would use DVC in SoCal (I'm in CA, so i would use it yearly, compared to WDW banking and borrowing every 3 years), and I think since I'm used to Harbor (and further), balconies, views & amenities don't have much value to me (yet), I just want to walk less when I got out of the parks, & stay in the bubble. Nothing like (as i cross the street) a wacko holding a sign about how I'm "going to hell" to ruin a good day in the parks. :)

As much as VGC has a leg up on location (VDH is no slouch, especially w/ Trader Sam's, Tangaroa Terrace & The Coffee House), my plan is to end up with a small contract at both. So if i want either one right now VDH is the better deal to get now, meaning its not going to get any cheaper, where as VGC will (most likely) get cheaper as time goes on, & I will always be able to pick up a small contract for at least the same current rate or less down the road.
My new focus is when will that VDH price change and do I want 50 or 80 points. 50 VDH points I would just buy outright, but 80 I'd have to consider financing, & putting a bigger chunk down, like 50%. (just thinking out loud)

Also according to my math $290 VGC is still the better deal than VDH, so that is my magic number, and does included ToT, but does not include financing.
https://www.cedarfair.com/properties Lots of choices, but in CA - Great America & Knott's Berry Farm

We went back and forth for a bit, ultimately deciding on 75 pts at VDH. I like that we can use the points at either VDH or get lucky with VGC and use our resale OKW pts which has already happened :) . I also like that I’d be able to use these points at any resort in the future! (I am looking at you RIV 😍) TOT stinks but you still are saving over rack rate, which is a win for me lol

We went back and forth for a bit, ultimately deciding on 75 pts at VDH. I like that we can use the points at either VDH or get lucky with VGC and use our resale OKW pts which has already happened :) . I also like that I’d be able to use these points at any resort in the future! (I am looking at you RIV 😍) TOT stinks but you still are saving over rack rate, which is a win for me lol
Yea, I'm struggling with 50, or 75/80. I was tempted to see if they would split the 80. lol
I'm not in a huge rush, so we'll see. I know people always say to get more than you need, but if I still plan to pick up another 50 (or so) at VGC down the road then i will be way over the amount i need per year... but then i guess you can factor in renting points. :magnify:

It must be soooo satisfying for non-VGC owners to snag reservations at the 7 month. I used my VGF points once but the feeling using OKW, SSR etc points must be a fist pump moment. :woohoo:
It was glorious 😂
200.gif

Now my thing is when will the price of VDH at $230pp go up, That's my new deadline to buy. ;)
I'm just hoping longer than Sept 11th, and actually hoping longer than 2023.
Agree ....does Disney give some sort of warning before a price hike? For long term DVC owners, what has been your experience with pp increases? I know there must be a historical thread keeping track of the numbers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter