***The Official May 2017 Thread***

Anybody else getting nervous about bigger crowds because of HEA? We were planning on dropping our bags and heading straight to the MK when we arrived on the 12th but now I'm a little nervous. Thoughts?:confused3

I'm hoping that people who would want to see HEA would push back their trips just a tad to catch Pandora too... wishful thinking on my part, perhaps! :D Maybe a larger than normal crowd on the first night, as I would also expect for the last night of Wishes, but I don't think it will be anything substantial. I'm more worried about AP last minute trips for the Pandora previews! Luckily, we're taking it easy on our AK day :)

13 more days :yay::yay::yay:! I'm so excited since this is our first time back in too long. I'm also so, so nervous. I'm second guessing every plan i've made for this trip. Did I schedule the right FP at the right time? Have I made too many dining reservations? Will I have enough spending money?

Seriously, do y'all think $1100 will be enough spending money for my 8 yr. old daughter and me? I'd hoped to bring $1800, but some unexpected expenses came up so now i'll only have $1100 ($700 in Disney gift cards and $400 cash). I know there was no way we'd spend $1800, but I like to have more than enough spending money for vacations because it's a vacation and I don't like to deprive us of anything within reason on our summer vacations. I'll also be getting reasonably priced souvenirs for my 2 nephews and my mom around the $25 dollar price range for each ($75 - $100 budget for their souvenirs). As for my daughter and I, we're not big souvenir people but my daughter usually gets a stuffed character doll and something else and I usually get a coffee mug and something else ($100 - $150) budget for our souvenir). My other expenses include a few alcoholic beverages that i'd like to try, dining, and snacks. I have an order with GG for a few bottles of wine, breakfast bars, juice, water, chips, stuff to make sandwiches, chips, and dip.

With those factors in mind, do you think my daughter and I will be able to have a wonderful trip eating what we'd like and getting reasonably priced souvenirs with $1100 dollars spending money? I don't want to be conscience of every dollar I spend. I want us to have a good time and be able to eat, drink and snack what we want and also get the few souvenirs we want.

How many days will you be there? Will your spending money have to cover all of your food and beverage purchases? Which restaurants will you be eating at?

We'll be there for 8 days/7 nights (May 20 - 27th). Yes, this will cover all food and beverage purchases. Our dinning reservations are for: Rain Forest Cafe' (lunch), Cape May Cafe' (dinner), La Hacienda de San Angel (dinner), 1900 Park Fare (breakfast) and 50's Primetime Cafe' (dinner).

Last edited:
We'll be there for 8 days/7 nights (May 20 - 27th). Yes, this will cover all food and beverage purchases. Our dinning reservations are for: Rain Forest Cafe' (lunch), Cape May Cafe' (dinner), La Hacienda de San Angel (dinner), 1900 Park Fare (breakfast) and 50's Primetime Cafe' (dinner).
You should be alright then. If you budget $100 a day for food, which you most likely won't go over on the days you aren't at a table service, then you should have enough for everything you want to do. :)

You should be alright then. If you budget $100 a day for food, which you most likely won't go over on the days you aren't at a table service, then you should have enough for everything you want to do. :)

Awesome! I'm going to give myself a little wiggle room by canceling Cape May Cafe'. It's expensive and i'm from Louisiana so I don't know if the seafood will be to our liking. Thanks!

21 days! 3 weeks! 1 & 1/2 fortnights (for you Shakespeare fans)! Waiting on Magicband arrival and burning up the YouTube videos.

Only 3 more days of work for me!!! 5 till we leave!!

I think that the crowds at MK will be heavy for the new fireworks, but I'm not expecting big crowds in general. I'm hoping that everyone is going to wait until Memorial weekend.

I hope so as well...Seems logical that you would wait and get to see Pandora. I would expect this coming Friday/Saturday to be pretty crazy at MK especially at night.

Back and started up a trip report HERE

The first week of May was awesome as far as crowds go, and the weather was great!

Safe travels and wishes for much fun to all of you on your way soon!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter