**~~***The Official June 2017 Thread***~~**

So... let's talk weather. We are going the first week (June 2-11). Our plan is to go rope drop-dinner most days. We generally do not mid day break and instead do a sit down lunch or do some shows mid day. My kids are early to bed, early to rise- so in general, we don't bother the routine with night time entertainment. Tired crabby kids = no fun! But... this is all based on Disneyland- this is our first family trip to WDW. I am wondering if this is naive and I am setting us up to fail. I keep reading rope drop, mid day swim break, return at 5 for night time stuff. Realistically, we would want to be back to the resort no later than 8, ideally by 7- so it seems silly to go through all the trouble for two "cooler" hours. We are from AZ- so temps of 105-110 aren't pleasant, but we can manage it. But there's typically little humidity. The kids will be 5 and 6.5, no stroller... but willing to rent at the parks if it gets to be too much. We also have our days planned with minimal criss crossing. Am I nuts? Or will we be okay?
I know there are people that prefer it that way so you may be fine. If you do, plan lots of indoor attractions during that midday time as it will be rough temp/humidity wise. I live in GA and our humidity is somewhat similar to FL and we just poured sweat at Disney. I took 2 showers a day and planned two outfits a day for all of us. It really saps your energy to go from air conditioning to the high humidity. For us, rope drop/midday break/back at 5ish worked for us this past June. My kids (2 and 4 during trip) go to bed around 8 or 8:30 at home but they did fine being up til 11ish bc we had that break every day. We also had the double stroller so they could easily nap whenever they wanted to.

Maybe try it your way at first and see how it goes. Switch it up if it's not working.

Interesting. Sounds a lot like they do it at Disneyland. There main St opens 30 min early and there's a rope at the end of the street where everyone waits till rope drop. But this sounds like they will hold people more in the hub area? Which would be better space wise. DL doesn't have a show though... just a little welcome speech on the loud speakers. DH were discussing how nice it'd be to walk through main st to the rides without stopping. Oh well!

Interesting. Sounds a lot like they do it at Disneyland. There main St opens 30 min early and there's a rope at the end of the street where everyone waits till rope drop. But this sounds like they will hold people more in the hub area? Which would be better space wise. DL doesn't have a show though... just a little welcome speech on the loud speakers. DH were discussing how nice it'd be to walk through main st to the rides without stopping. Oh well!
Yeh it will be interesting to see how they do it, then possibly tweak it before our trip. I do like the idea of already being on Main Street but I wish I would've gotten to see the train station Welcome Show just once.

I'm not sure if our fearless thread leader is still around but I think I've finally finished mucking around with my plans. One of my dear friends is getting married the day we were set to return so I had to adjust everything by a day. Now we're arriving on Memorial Day (5/29) and staying at Wilderness Lodge until June 5, then we'll move on to Universal. I swear I've switched my resort so much but I wanted to be near MK but not pay a fortune. The Lodge seems like the best choice!

I'm not sure if our fearless thread leader is still around but I think I've finally finished mucking around with my plans. One of my dear friends is getting married the day we were set to return so I had to adjust everything by a day. Now we're arriving on Memorial Day (5/29) and staying at Wilderness Lodge until June 5, then we'll move on to Universal. I swear I've switched my resort so much but I wanted to be near MK but not pay a fortune. The Lodge seems like the best choice!
We will be at WL arriving 6/3. Maybe we will see you!

Hello Dearies!

I've lost count of how many times I've started this post, only to have life get in the way or the site lock up or "eat" the post... sigh... So here we go again...

We are staying offsite for 2 weeks from June 24th to July 8th, doing Disney for 4, Universal for 3, Key West for 3, and a few non-park days (Disney Springs, the spa, and FW trail rides, to be specific)

Since we're offsite, I've been doing our reservations one-sy two-sy, but luckily we aren't doing much with the dining reservations this time around. We have a dinner reservation for 7 and another for 4 for Be Our Guest, and will cancel whichever we don't need based on family members who may-or-may-not make it... also called right at 7 so DD9 can go to Pirate's league for the mermaid package, which is not only better-priced, but honestly cooler-looking that the BBB package we were originally looking at. We got the 3:10 time slot we wanted... so a chance to cool off in the shade, late enough in the day that the make-up might make it to closing without sweating off, and early enough that she'll still have plenty of time to parade around feeling special. (And may I just say, not only did the pirate answering the phone sound not the slightest bit fun, scary, or swarthy, I'm pretty sure he didn't mean it when he mumbled for me to have a magical day. Somebody get that guy some rum!)

I was pretty bummed to read about pre-opening show getting cancelled. I have never seen that and had it on our itinerary for our MK day. :( So now I guess we wait until after January 9th when other people start reporting back about the new gig. I'm glad we got our PPO ADR to CP last time, 5 years ago, because it was really great having Main Street so wide open... I'm glad we got the chance before that went away.

So we are all booked and pre-paid for the condo for 2 weeks, the place in Key West for 2 nights, and a hotel in Savannah to stay the night on our drive down. Still have to make reservations (2 and 8 January) for the spa and the trail ride, but it's so nice to finally start having confirmation numbers instead of just "hopes." Once we do the taxes in a few weeks, we'll get our Disney park hoppers, but I'm thinking of holding off on the Universal tickets for now just to see if they do a better deal as summer approaches, just bank the money and wait a few months.

We are going. This will be the activation of our AP trip. We are staying at the following...

6/17-6/24 Wyndham Bonnet Creek 1BR Deluxe
6/24-6/30-ish Undecided. Looking at deals and investigating other properties: Windsor Hills, Sheraton Vistana, AoA, Pop, and DVC rentals

For the morning opening show, the only reason it is changing is due to the refurb on the Main St Train Station. That is supposed to be done well before June (actually March) reverting back to the normal opening show.

For the morning opening show, the only reason it is changing is due to the refurb on the Main St Train Station. That is supposed to be done well before June (actually March) reverting back to the normal opening show.
No, actually the train station show is being retired. This is not a temporary change.

Well that just stinks. I was excited to get a great picture with our PPO reservations.

We're doing a short trip, staying off site. After our last trip, it was either monorail or off site, and with the money we're saving we'll head to the beach for a week to recover from our Disney vacation :) Last time I had too much scheduled, and this time I just want to do my DDs absolute musts. We will also have to work in some family visiting time.

Arrival day doesn't count, we usually stay in and relax.
We're doing Day 1 Epcot, PPO Akershus
Day 2 MK, PPO BBB
Day 3 off
Day 4 HK, PPO H&V to hopefully get Jedi Training
Day 5 flex, have a PPO for BOG, but not sure if we want to push it
Day 6 Possibly AK, or flex from MK.
Day 7-14 Head to beach to recover.

It's good to be back. It's amazing what I remember from our last trip. I'm pretty sure my DH thinks I'm nuts because of all the detailed little things that take up room in my brain.

I'll chime in with our plans. No clue of which parks which day. Hoping Avatar is only open for soft opening to AP holders (sorry a little greedy)

June 16: Start our drive down and stop somewhere near Jacksonville (about 6 hours down)
June 17: Finish the 2.5-3 hour drive into LBV to get to Wyndham Bonnet Creek. Check-in get a preferred room. Relax at the resort until room is ready, make grocery run, and get settled in.
June 17-June 30: Parks, parks, resort, parks, Disney Springs, dining, cooking, cocktails, and fun. We have no clue which park(s) which days
July 1: Drive back home

I'll chime in with our plans. No clue of which parks which day. Hoping Avatar is only open for soft opening to AP holders (sorry a little greedy)

June 16: Start our drive down and stop somewhere near Jacksonville (about 6 hours down)
June 17: Finish the 2.5-3 hour drive into LBV to get to Wyndham Bonnet Creek. Check-in get a preferred room. Relax at the resort until room is ready, make grocery run, and get settled in.
June 17-June 30: Parks, parks, resort, parks, Disney Springs, dining, cooking, cocktails, and fun. We have no clue which park(s) which days
July 1: Drive back home
The rumor is Memorial Day is the target opening for Pandora. That came from a recent ticket promotion that has blackout dates from May 27-June 9. Just an fyi.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter