**~~***The Official June 2017 Thread***~~**

Hi all! I've been a looooonnnnnngggg time lurker on the boards, but am finally taking the plunge to post for my upcoming June 2017 trip. I can't believe it is almost here! It is a family trip with 6 adults and my two nieces (5 and 4), staying off-site at Orange Lake (parents own there) 6/13 - 6/26. I've been on many trips to WDW, but never with littles in tow so this will definitely be a different kind of trip. Can't wait to experience it through them! I need to search around and get my days straight so I can get that coveted CRT ADR - can Auntie handle the pressure?!? We will see :)

Looks like a big group of us for the week of the 3rd! Our schedule is pretty set and now just waiting on Southwest to open dates and our FP+ date. I am very happy with our ADR's and got pretty much everything we wanted.

June 3 - first flight arriving before 9am/grab the bus to HS/50's Prime Time Cafe lunch @ 12:10 pm/probably early back to POR to unpack and maybe swim

June 4 - MK AM/mid-day swim, rest break/The Wave 7 pm

June 5 - EP AM/mid-day swim, rest break/Coral Reef 7 pm

June 6 - Per my niece's request we are going to all 4 parks! MK until lunch, AK, HS and ending at EP for EMH/Chefs de France 6:50 pm

June 7 - MK AM/BOG lunch 12 pm/mid-day swim, rest break/O'Hana 7 pm/EMH

June 8 - AK AM/Yak & Yeti 12 pm/back to resort late afternoon to swim

June 9 - EP AM/mid-day swim, rest break/Via Napoli 7 pm

June 10 - MK AM/mid-day swim, rest break/BOG 7:05 pm

June 11 - fly home

I'll play!

Sat 6/3 - driving in from Atlanta, should arrive between 1-3pm. Resort afternoon, Roaring Fork early dinner, Disney Springs evening.

Sun 6/4 - MK RD, Crystal Palace 10:35am, Contempo Cafe cupcakes (?), midday break, back to MK, Wishes?

Mon 6/5 - EP RD, Garden Grill 10:10am, midday break, DHS evening, light/early dinner PizzeRizzo, Star Wars dessert party (?)

Tues 6/6 - MK RD, BOG 11:30am, midday break, Whispering Canyon Cafe 5:05pm, back to MK, Wishes?

Wed 6/7 - EP RD, Les Halles breakfast, midday break, back to EP, Via Napoli 6:45pm, Illuminations

Thurs 6/8 - AK RD, Kusafiri treats, Flame Tree lunch. If hours are extended: midday break, Sanaa 5:15pm, back to AK. If not: no break, Sanaa 7:45pm.

Fri 6/9 - MK EMH, 'Ohana 11:15am, midday break, back to MK

Sat 6/10 - DHS, Hollywood & Vine PPO 8:10am (haven't been able to book yet), JTA, midday break, Beaches & Cream 5:40pm, back to DHS, Fantasmic.

Sun 6/11 - Check out, Trail's End Brunch 11:45am, drive home

I'll play!

Sat 6/3 - driving in from Atlanta, should arrive between 1-3pm. Resort afternoon, Roaring Fork early dinner, Disney Springs evening.

Sun 6/4 - MK RD, Crystal Palace 10:35am, Contempo Cafe cupcakes (?), midday break, back to MK, Wishes?

Mon 6/5 - EP RD, Garden Grill 10:10am, midday break, DHS evening, light/early dinner PizzeRizzo, Star Wars dessert party (?)

Tues 6/6 - MK RD, BOG 11:30am, midday break, Whispering Canyon Cafe 5:05pm, back to MK, Wishes?

Wed 6/7 - EP RD, Les Halles breakfast, midday break, back to EP, Via Napoli 6:45pm, Illuminations

Thurs 6/8 - AK RD, Kusafiri treats, Flame Tree lunch. If hours are extended: midday break, Sanaa 5:15pm, back to AK. If not: no break, Sanaa 7:45pm.

Fri 6/9 - MK EMH, 'Ohana 11:15am, midday break, back to MK

Sat 6/10 - DHS, Hollywood & Vine PPO 8:10am (haven't been able to book yet), JTA, midday break, Beaches & Cream 5:40pm, back to DHS, Fantasmic.

Sun 6/11 - Check out, Trail's End Brunch 11:45am, drive home

Maybe we will run into you on Sunday or Monday with the same schedule! We are coming from just north of Nashville but I am done with that drive :) I will gladly fork over the extra money to fly even if it means sacrificing something else.

Maybe we will run into you on Sunday or Monday with the same schedule! We are coming from just north of Nashville but I am done with that drive :) I will gladly fork over the extra money to fly even if it means sacrificing something else.
I have 2 small children so we have to bring so much junk it seems, that it is easier to drive. Plus we will have our car and we will drive to all parks but MK. But I definitely understand, because I don't look forward to 7 hours (or more with breaks) in the car!

My mom and I flew one time, but it took almost the same amount of time as driving because we had to be at the airport so early, all the airport time, plus waiting on DME and all the stops to get to the resort. Still, we weren't cramped in the car the whole time!

Glad we have some overlap on the schedule!

Hi! I am new to the DIS boards and really appreciate all of the great information here! We are booked for May/June: 5/29-6/1 at BWI and 6/1-6/6 at WL. This will be our first time to stay at WL, and I can't wait!

Hi! I am new to the DIS boards and really appreciate all of the great information here! We are booked for May/June: 5/29-6/1 at BWI and 6/1-6/6 at WL. This will be our first time to stay at WL, and I can't wait!
We will overlap at WL. We are there 6/3-6/11.

Today was ADR day and I managed to grab everything at approximately the times we needed! A couple of repeat options for me but they're new to the kiddo, so that works fine; I let her pick, for the most part.

I also managed to book a Keys to the Kingdom tour as a surprise. Now I'm finally starting to get excited again.

We are going 6/19-6/26. There are 11 of us, celebrating my in-laws' 50th anniversary. The kids are 14, 11, 5, and 2. My SIL and I sat down to hash out plans last night. Our ADR date is Thursday! We have 6 day Park Hoppers, and we are staying at AoA.

So far, this is what we have:
6/19--Arrival day. We will all be arriving at various times, so we will be on our own for dinner. My little family will probably head to Disney Springs, as we will likely arrive in Orlando by 9am.
6/20--MK CRT breakfast; AK PM
6/21--Cape May breakfast, then boat to Epcot; MK PM
6/22--morning is open! We talked about possibly doing a spa day for MIL and SIL's mom since it's her birthday; DHS PM. H&V Fantasmic! dinner package
6/23--MK AM, Tiana's Riverboat Dessert Party/EP PM, Coral Reef for the anniversary dinner
6/24--AK AM, lunch at Rainforest Cafe'; PM is open
6/25--DHS AM, littles will do Disney Jr. Character breakfast at H&V; evening is open (probably laundry and packing)
6/26--departure

The grandparents only have 4 day park Hoppers, so I am waiting to hear from them which days they plan on skipping.

Just bought a couple t shirts for everyone from our Disney outlet store. A nice Chanukah gift and something to help look forward too! My niece will love it most because I got matching for one of them and she really wants to coordinate clothing. My DS will hate it but hey that's what happens when you are the only boy in the bunch.

Just bought a couple t shirts for everyone from our Disney outlet store. A nice Chanukah gift and something to help look forward too! My niece will love it most because I got matching for one of them and she really wants to coordinate clothing. My DS will hate it but hey that's what happens when you are the only boy in the bunch.
My DH has requested only Disney polos for our trip. I've bought him 2 so far during all the Christmas sales but I need to get on getting him some more. I'm thinking ebay for him. For my boys I try to get as many matching shirts as I can for Disney.

Just had our ADR day and am pleased to announce we got everything we wanted!

Early morning BOG before park opening on a couple mornings!
California Grill date night with my DH during Wishes!
Keys to the Kingdom tour!
CBR Pirate Cruise for my 2 boys!
Early morning Rain Forest Cafe at AK because my boys LOVE animals!

More to come but it's already shaping up to be great. I'm so excited! Park days will be planned out further soon but it's nice to finally make some progress.

I got Sanaa and Boma booked for 6/8 and 6/9. It's looking unlikely that there will be an Early Morning Magic on 6/6. This is sorta frustrating because I did later appointments at BBB and CRT thinking we'd have a later breakfast, but in the scheme of life... it's fine. Now I'm considering a PPO at BOG, but it's cheaper and easier on the calories to just eat in the room. DH and I have lost 100lbs combined over the last year... so we are conscious of, but not tied to, healthier choices.

I got Sanaa and Boma booked for 6/8 and 6/9. It's looking unlikely that there will be an Early Morning Magic on 6/6. This is sorta frustrating because I did later appointments at BBB and CRT thinking we'd have a later breakfast, but in the scheme of life... it's fine. Now I'm considering a PPO at BOG, but it's cheaper and easier on the calories to just eat in the room. DH and I have lost 100lbs combined over the last year... so we are conscious of, but not tied to, healthier choices.

Congrats on the weight loss!

I currently have a BOG PPO ADR but I'm sure it won't be if I'm going off of last years hours. We are in a villa though and club level so most breakfasts will be in the room too!

Yep, I figured on a 9am opening 6/6 bc of EMM, as well. Now I'm wondering what days they will change opening to 8am, as they did 4 out of 7 days that first week in June this year.

So... let's talk weather. We are going the first week (June 2-11). Our plan is to go rope drop-dinner most days. We generally do not mid day break and instead do a sit down lunch or do some shows mid day. My kids are early to bed, early to rise- so in general, we don't bother the routine with night time entertainment. Tired crabby kids = no fun! But... this is all based on Disneyland- this is our first family trip to WDW. I am wondering if this is naive and I am setting us up to fail. I keep reading rope drop, mid day swim break, return at 5 for night time stuff. Realistically, we would want to be back to the resort no later than 8, ideally by 7- so it seems silly to go through all the trouble for two "cooler" hours. We are from AZ- so temps of 105-110 aren't pleasant, but we can manage it. But there's typically little humidity. The kids will be 5 and 6.5, no stroller... but willing to rent at the parks if it gets to be too much. We also have our days planned with minimal criss crossing. Am I nuts? Or will we be okay?

So... let's talk weather. We are going the first week (June 2-11). Our plan is to go rope drop-dinner most days. We generally do not mid day break and instead do a sit down lunch or do some shows mid day. My kids are early to bed, early to rise- so in general, we don't bother the routine with night time entertainment. Tired crabby kids = no fun! But... this is all based on Disneyland- this is our first family trip to WDW. I am wondering if this is naive and I am setting us up to fail. I keep reading rope drop, mid day swim break, return at 5 for night time stuff. Realistically, we would want to be back to the resort no later than 8, ideally by 7- so it seems silly to go through all the trouble for two "cooler" hours. We are from AZ- so temps of 105-110 aren't pleasant, but we can manage it. But there's typically little humidity. The kids will be 5 and 6.5, no stroller... but willing to rent at the parks if it gets to be too much. We also have our days planned with minimal criss crossing. Am I nuts? Or will we be okay?

Depending upon how long you have, you could tour just through lunch, go back to the hotel, pool, dinner and then chill. That's what we have always done when my kids were younger.

We typically rope drop, take in shows midday, and then leave shortly after dinner. One time we went back to the resort for dinner, but we were staying at Wilderness lodge and going back to Magic Kingdom, so transportation time wasn't an issue. My kids have done well with taking our midday breaks within the parks by going to shows in a/c. We have been going since my girls were 4 and 6 and this has been what our typically touring day looks like.

Depending upon how long you have, you could tour just through lunch, go back to the hotel, pool, dinner and then chill. That's what we have always done when my kids were younger.

So do you think it's unrealistic to plan to stay in the park until 4-6 and then call it a night?

We typically rope drop, take in shows midday, and then leave shortly after dinner. One time we went back to the resort for dinner, but we were staying at Wilderness lodge and going back to Magic Kingdom, so transportation time wasn't an issue. My kids have done well with taking our midday breaks within the parks by going to shows in a/c. We have been going since my girls were 4 and 6 and this has been what our typically touring day looks like.

Thanks! That is our general plan. We are doing a split stay Bay lake/AK. We do have 4:30 BOG reservations one afternoon (early by choice). It's our second day and if we melt down earlier the day before... we will cancel it- or plan to break mid day and return in time. It just seems like a lot of extra walking to go to BLT and back if we can avoid it. Other than that... anything after 3:00 is bonus, but ideally we'd stay in the park from rope drop to 4-6ish.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter