The Official Free Dining Watch 2007 Thread

Ran out of luck this morning! Called in and they were completely booked for the AKL and the WL (standard rooms) for the dates of Aug. 29-Sept. 3rd.:headache:

Oh well, I did get my two rooms at POR. Hopefully I'll like it there!:woohoo:

Ran out of luck this morning! Called in and they were completely booked for the AKL and the WL (standard rooms) for the dates of Aug. 29-Sept. 3rd.:headache:

Oh well, I did get my two rooms at POR. Hopefully I'll like it there!:woohoo:

Did you ask for a different room type? When I was booking a discount package at WL, the rate was actually cheaper for a woodsview than a standard room.

Did you ask for a different room type? When I was booking a discount package at WL, the rate was actually cheaper for a woodsview than a standard room.

Hmm, I didn't think about that. I just assumed that the savannah or woodsview would be more expensive :confused3 (one of our party members is on a tight budget. Oh heck, aren't we all on budgets?;) )

What do you mean by "discount package"? Is that the 40% off promotion they had a month or two ago?

Hmm, I didn't think about that. I just assumed that the savannah or woodsview would be more expensive :confused3 (one of our party members is on a tight budget. Oh heck, aren't we all on budgets?;) )

What do you mean by "discount package"? Is that the 40% off promotion they had a month or two ago?

It was not the 40% off, I would have booked my 10 nights at WL if it had been! I called and was told I had received an email discount for stays starting on 8/21. That was news to me! Anyway, I originally booked 7 nights at Pop (8/20 - 8/27) package with dining then room only with discount for 3 nights at WL. Then I started hearing the free dining rumor, so I made my WL a package with dining. They applied the email discount so I was psyched! I modified to 6 nights Pop, 4 WL. Monday I called to get free dining (hoping I would get that in addition to my great package rate, I didn't). They applied the difference from my discount rate to what 4 nights of free dining would be. Am I confusing people yet? So the long story is.....woodsview ended up being cheaper than standard. I'm not sure how, the CM I spoke with said they didn't work off of straight % figures. I don't know how they get their figures.

My average per night at Pop with an 8 day base ticket + dining (not free) is costing me more than my average per night at WL, 1 day base ticket + free dining.

Well my TA wasn't able to get me free dining at CSR so I opted not to have it and my boyfriend was fine with that. I'm ok with it though, I'd rather be in the resort I want then have free dining. I know you all must be having your jaw drop at this but I see this as a good opportunity for me to lose some weight. The less I eat the better, plus I'm not limited on where I eat which is why I didn't want any kind of dining plan in the first place. Also we will be away from the resort and parks for 2 days. Plus since I didn't get someone else has a chance to. :)

I am extremely excited to go though, my resort is booked and my tickets are bought and on there way. Can't wait! :yay:

I booked my trip back in January with the dining plan. Then we found about the special. I didn't even have to call my agent. She called me and told me that I was getting credited for the amount that I had paid for the plan. I love my agent.:love: :woohoo: :love:

I finally got my ressies around 3pm today.
CBR Aug.26th-Sept.2nd FREE DINNING:banana:
I tried twice at work,with no luck.

My CM was funny, I said I like to book a trip and he said ok, well how long have you been on the line for? It was funny, I then said and you know what I want right? He laughed and said no really I dont. Free dinning, he laughed and really what is that. I did not give a code!I said you must hate free dinning! He said no really we dont.
We laughed alot. He said he had been in since 7am, and had did 45 reservations for the free dinning plan. I was his first to want a moderate resort, so he said I was in big luck. Everyone else is either booking deluxe because of the free dinning or value.
:goodvibes
Unless you really have your heart staying at a value, for us a family of four the CBR was only about 200.00 more then staying in a value.
Also for some of you who ended up in sports, and wanted movies, in 2005 we were booked for music and later after all the hype of the free dinning want down my TA got us into movies. So have faith, or come enjoy CBR with me!

By the way GOOFY IS UP ON THE PAGE NOW!:earboy2:

We are booked at POR 8/26-9/2 with free dining!! Woo Hooo!!!I already had the package booked and the CM just credited me for the dining plan. :cool1:

Wow, only one post today! Everyone must be very tired from the week of calling and getting free DDP :dance3: . Hope you all recover soon from the stress :sick:

Sit back and relax, heck no.....I've got to start making ADR's now!!! :rotfl2:

Congrats to all of us who got free dining this week!!! :woohoo:

I slept soooo good last night! No worries - no getting up at the crack of dawn (I mean before the crack of dawn:rotfl: ) I'll have my lime green HD Mickey head pinned to my backpack, so say hi to me in September and we'll relive our DISboard stories!

I booked my trip back in January with the dining plan. Then we found about the special. I didn't even have to call my agent. She called me and told me that I was getting credited for the amount that I had paid for the plan. I love my agent.:love: :woohoo: :love:

Hi
Fellow Alabamian(sp?) here, who's your agent?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter