*** The Official August 2016 Thread! ***

My trip is the very end of August so I know crowds are lower in general. I however booked my ADRs based on the extra hours at each park just in case we wanted to stay longer. Of course that means crowd predictions say the park we are planning each day is in the red. In the past I've always planned the opposite, avoiding EMH and heading to parks predicted green. With that method, our dates, and the use of FastPass we have always had luck with quick short waits. So anyone have experience during 'low season' but 'high crowd' day? We had to get the park hopper anyhow so I am wondering if I should rework my ADRs and try avoiding EMH days, than we can wonder to that park for night shows if we feel like later.

My trip is the very end of August so I know crowds are lower in general. I however booked my ADRs based on the extra hours at each park just in case we wanted to stay longer. Of course that means crowd predictions say the park we are planning each day is in the red. In the past I've always planned the opposite, avoiding EMH and heading to parks predicted green. With that method, our dates, and the use of FastPass we have always had luck with quick short waits. So anyone have experience during 'low season' but 'high crowd' day? We had to get the park hopper anyhow so I am wondering if I should rework my ADRs and try avoiding EMH days, than we can wonder to that park for night shows if we feel like later.
We always IGNORE those recommended parks and we use EMH mornings and evenings all the time. We've never had an issue. We are up early, at rope drop/early EMH, take a midday break (often), then hop to another park.

78 days for us, we check in on July 31st. Getting stressed about FP+ selections with not knowing all that's going to be going on at Animal Kingdom.

Super excited for our family trip to Port Orleans French Quarter August 22-30th.
This is our second trip to WDW. First trip was August 2014 / Pop Century. Really excited to be staying at a moderate this time around :tigger:
POFQ is our favourite resort. It's compact, fun and has a lovely boat ride to Disney Springs. Everything is just so beautiful there. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter