*** The Official August 2016 Thread! ***

We ended up changing our dates and resorts when FD came out. I couldn't see paying more when we didn't have to.

8/21-8-29. Coronado Springs Business Class

I'm so excited because we have a special needs 10 year old who loves Disney and this is her first trip do I was able to book all character buffets that we weren't going to be able to afford without free dining. It will be magical!

I never really got back on as our trip has been planned/unplanned for months waiting to see if we could budget it. When the released new rooms at CBR last week I got one. We are booked Aug 27-Sept 03 at CBR with the free dining package. So excited the trip is now official :) This will be my 13y old, myself and hubby's 3rd trip together and my younger twos 2nd. Also most likely our last as kids are slowly outgrowing the magic and looking to try new things in the future.

New plan for us.....

Universal hotel - August - 15 and 16th
Poly - August 17-20
CSR - August 20 - September 3

We switched to CSR from POR for earlier FD dates. I'm starting to get excited, but still thinking about POR.....

Wow .. the dark side, eh? That will be exciting!

It's so hard to pick a resort and stay with it. My teens really wanted Contemporary, but I've always thought about Poly... maybe next year. The walk from Contemporary to MK is what finally sold me. I will definitely be at the Poly for some Dole Whip :love: though. I almost moved our FD dates from POR, but decided to leave things as they were. I'm still surprised the

FD dates started earlier than the BB that we were offered last August. We didn't want to give up our Beach Club reservations, so still CR/BC/POR (FD BB starting 8/26)

I'm sure you'll enjoy CSR - you're Disney veterans, so you'll adjust to a new resort with new transportation. Kinda wish that I would branch out a bit, but just moving from FQ to POR

is a big move for me lol. Happy Planning!

Wow .. the dark side, eh? That will be exciting!

It's so hard to pick a resort and stay with it. My teens really wanted Contemporary, but I've always thought about Poly... maybe next year. The walk from Contemporary to MK is what finally sold me. I will definitely be at the Poly for some Dole Whip :love: though. I almost moved our FD dates from POR, but decided to leave things as they were. I'm still surprised the

FD dates started earlier than the BB that we were offered last August. We didn't want to give up our Beach Club reservations, so still CR/BC/POR (FD BB starting 8/26)

I'm sure you'll enjoy CSR - you're Disney veterans, so you'll adjust to a new resort with new transportation. Kinda wish that I would branch out a bit, but just moving from FQ to POR

is a big move for me lol. Happy Planning!

Yeah. I feel like I've got to force myself to branch out a bit. Every year, I say we'll go to Universal, but we never do. This time, I really think it's gonna happen.....although I haven't officially booked anything yet. :hyper:

And I'm with you. I'm kind of a creature of habit. If POFQ offered FD, I would just book there and be content. Next year, I would like to try the CR though. You'll have to let me know your thoughts about it.

I really can't wait to just hang around the Poly for three nights. :goodvibes I think that will be the highlight of my trip.

I'm anxious to see what AK holds for us August travelers in way of their evening hours. With the launch of The Jungle Book show and the opening of Tiffins - I'm anxious to secure an ADR and know whether or not evening shows will continue into August. Anyone else juggling this with their planning? Originally my AK day was morning time, but I have switched to an late afternoon / evening scenario in hopes of the night time festivities there. I hope the hours update sooner than later - Tiffins isn't even available for ADR yet - hopefully once they open Memorial Day weekend the website will update with more dates and info.

I'm anxious to see what AK holds for us August travelers in way of their evening hours. With the launch of The Jungle Book show and the opening of Tiffins - I'm anxious to secure an ADR and know whether or not evening shows will continue into August. Anyone else juggling this with their planning? Originally my AK day was morning time, but I have switched to an late afternoon / evening scenario in hopes of the night time festivities there. I hope the hours update sooner than later - Tiffins isn't even available for ADR yet - hopefully once they open Memorial Day weekend the website will update with more dates and info.
I don't think I'm interested in Tiffins, but I'm definitely interested in the ROL and hoping there is a dining package with ROL seating (like Fantasmic) offered for maybe Tusker House.

Hoping to figure it out for Aug. Honestly, I keep staring at my spreadsheets for Aug and Nov (wine & dine half short trip) and I have NO IDEA what to do AK-wise. :-/

I don't think I'm interested in Tiffins, but I'm definitely interested in the ROL and hoping there is a dining package with ROL seating (like Fantasmic) offered for maybe Tusker House.
I'm not heart set on Tiffins but it's an option atleast, I just want to go ahead and secure ADR - right now everything dinner wise is early b/s of park closing time I would assume - I would think some later dinner options will open up with the night shows, like your suggestion. Right now my options are 5:45 Rainforest, 4:15 Tuskers, 4:45 Yak & Yeti. I'll be coming from Epcot w/ a lunch ADR at 1:30, so I'd prefer a later dinner time slot for sure. I'm anxious to plan this out!

We are hoping to try out Tiffins - I have secret wishes that RoL will be up and running but I doubt it - We are also waiting to see what happens with the EMM at MK to see if it gets extended into August - Hopefully we get more information before our FP+ date comes (49 days for me!)

Our AK days were always shorter days and rushing elsewhere for ADRs. This year I added an extra day to our trip just to get a more relaxed day to see AK and hopefully the night show. Also was able to get a Tusker House lunch so we won't have to leave the park that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter