*** The Official August 2016 Thread! ***

Please add me. We are doing a girls trip leaving boys home. Going to celebrate my 50th and my daughter finishing her Junior year of high school placing 4th in her class. We are traveling August 5th -9th staying at POP. this will be our 16th trip and we are super excited. Boys didn't want to go say its too hot. Their lost. Love spending time with my princess.

Please add me. We are doing a girls trip leaving boys home. Going to celebrate my 50th and my daughter finishing her Junior year of high school placing 4th in her class. We are traveling August 5th -9th staying at POP. this will be our 16th trip and we are super excited. Boys didn't want to go say its too hot. Their lost. Love spending time with my princess.
Welcome

So, we are planning an overnight at Sesame Place and it is so funny to compare - we have prepark opening character breakfast for 3 for a total of $42! our hotel is only $100... so funny... WDW has really warped our sense of pricing!

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on fireworks and dessert parties. I am hoping they extend the Symphony in the Stars at HS but there is nothing there yet. Thought this would be a fun way to watch the fireworks. Has anyone done one of this events and what are your thoughts? Would love feedback

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on fireworks and dessert parties. I am hoping they extend the Symphony in the Stars at HS but there is nothing there yet. Thought this would be a fun way to watch the fireworks. Has anyone done one of this events and what are your thoughts? Would love feedback
We did the Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party twice. First time it was well worth it- wonderful desserts, fresh fruit, lots of variety. Second time, it wasn't as enjoyable. Desserts didn't seem as good. Both times it was nice to be out of the crowds though. This year we are trying the Pirates and Pals fireworks cruise. We are staying at the Contemporary, so it makes the Pirates and Pals cruise convenient, and it's something we haven't done before. I think these things are fun to do once, but maybe just a 'one and done' thing? We like to try one new thing each trip.

We have done Wishes Dessert Party, Illuminations Dessert Party and the Symphony in the Sky one.
Wishes: used to be awesome (when they started out) but the quality of desserts has gone down and the view is not the very best (you watch the fireworks "from the side") but Tinkerbell will fly right overhead. Not doing that one again
Illuminations: again, was not impressed with the desserts, the view was nice but you need to be there really early and get in line to grab one of the front row tables. They have added nachos and some toppings, so that was nice, but overall we were not impressed with the food.
Symphony in the Sky: If they offer it in the summer I am definitely doing this one again. Food was great - lots of little skewers with fresh fruit, some with cheese - desserts that you will not see everywhere and pretty tasty if you stay away from the soggy eclairs. We loved to see them make the "frozen" mousse ice cream balls. Our party was inside because of a downpour, but we were later taken to the viewing spot and it was smack in front of the fireworks. Loved it! Worth the money.

We did the dessert party at DHS for Star Wars Weekend a couple years ago and LOVED it! Desserts were delicious and we had a blast dancing to the DJ before the fireworks started. We also did the dessert party at DHS for Frozen for the last two summers and also loved them. Same wonderful experience! We are definitely going to book the Star Wars one as soon as they are released. I do think that they will come out sometime in late spring and I can't wait!

We have done Wishes Dessert Party, Illuminations Dessert Party and the Symphony in the Sky one.
Wishes: used to be awesome (when they started out) but the quality of desserts has gone down and the view is not the very best (you watch the fireworks "from the side") but Tinkerbell will fly right overhead. Not doing that one again
Illuminations: again, was not impressed with the desserts, the view was nice but you need to be there really early and get in line to grab one of the front row tables. They have added nachos and some toppings, so that was nice, but overall we were not impressed with the food.
Symphony in the Sky: If they offer it in the summer I am definitely doing this one again. Food was great - lots of little skewers with fresh fruit, some with cheese - desserts that you will not see everywhere and pretty tasty if you stay away from the soggy eclairs. We loved to see them make the "frozen" mousse ice cream balls. Our party was inside because of a downpour, but we were later taken to the viewing spot and it was smack in front of the fireworks. Loved it! Worth the money.
Thank you for the feed back. I am so hoping they extend Symphony!!!

We did the dessert party at DHS for Star Wars Weekend a couple years ago and LOVED it! Desserts were delicious and we had a blast dancing to the DJ before the fireworks started. We also did the dessert party at DHS for Frozen for the last two summers and also loved them. Same wonderful experience! We are definitely going to book the Star Wars one as soon as they are released. I do think that they will come out sometime in late spring and I can't wait!
I so hope you are Right!!!!

Thanks for answering. I would hate to spend the money on something that is not worth it. I am truly hoping they extend symphony!!

We are finalizing our plans. Deciding on CB or POR . August 21-24. It is our very first non-kid trip for our 11th anniversary. (We weren't able to get away for our 10th) Very very excited and a little nervous to go without our 4 kiddos.

Yay for an extra day, @fieldfam4

Added you to the list now @diamondcharl - do let me know when you decide where you're staying! :D I hope you have a great time without your kids! We love just being adults at WDW, and are there for our 6th anniversary this year! :D

so excited just change our holiday stay from POP to the Contemporary this is the first time we have stayed in a Deluxe Resort. Deal was too good to turn down.
:wave2: We are staying at the Contemporary this August for the first time too! We've done deluxe before (Beach Club), but we've never stayed in a monorail resort. We got a great deal too! Didn't think I'd ever be staying in the Contemporary. So exciting to be able to walk to the Magic Kingdom!!! Hope you have fun:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter