*** The Official August 2016 Thread! ***

Hi all, my family will be there starting 8/21 - 9/3. We will spend the first night, Aug. 21 at AKV - Kidani and then move to BCV for the remainder of our stay. I just finished making my ADRs and purchased Gold DVC APs. All I have to do now is obsess about our FP+ selctions!

We'll be at BCV from 8/22-8/27. I wanted to spend at least one night at AK but the kids wanted to really experience Stormalong Bay since we didn't get a chance to during our first visit as DVC members last November.

does anyone know if i can get monogrammed mickey ears before my August trip? I am really looking for the ears and not the hat. Those hats can get a bit sweaty and my daughters tend to have us hold them for them most of the day.

I'm coming I'm coming!!!
Myself, DH, and DS (will be five when we go) are going from August 23 to 31 and staying at All Star Movies because DS wanted to stay in the Buzz Lightyear. I'm so excited as it's our first trip as a family of 3. DS was adopted from Kazakhstan and this trip is to celebrate the 1 year anniversary of us becoming a family. Just getting to finally type DS on my posts is making me thrilled. It's a whole new style of trip for us as we are on the DDP for the first as we have 6 character meals booked haha.

I'm coming I'm coming!!!
Myself, DH, and DS (will be five when we go) are going from August 23 to 31 and staying at All Star Movies because DS wanted to stay in the Buzz Lightyear. I'm so excited as it's our first trip as a family of 3. DS was adopted from Kazakhstan and this trip is to celebrate the 1 year anniversary of us becoming a family. Just getting to finally type DS on my posts is making me thrilled. It's a whole new style of trip for us as we are on the DDP for the first as we have 6 character meals booked haha.

Have a wonderful time, seeing it through your child's eyes is like nothing else.

We are looking to go 8/16-8/25. I've never been in the summer so I'm a little scared for the heat/humidity. It will be my daughter and my step-daughters first trips to WDW. I am so excited for them!

Don't be scare of the heat and humidity! Just make sure to drink lots of water all day - I even make sure to drink a glass of water before heading out to the parks for the day - give myself a little H2O boost! Take breaks when needed - either back at your hotel or in the cooler experiences (Hall of Presidents, Carousel of Progress, Laugh Floor, etc.) You can ask for water at any QS location for free so if you are running out, just ask there! We always bring our own water in to the park - their bottles of water are expensive! We try to bring some bottles frozen for later in the day. How exciting to take 2 girls for their first trip! How old are they???

We try to bring some bottles frozen for later in the day. Howexciting to take 2 girls for their first trip! How old are they???

They will be 15 and 11 when we go. The 15 y.o. has never been on a plane and the 11 y.o. has special needs so she acts much younger than her age. I'm worried about the temper tantrums she may have but I plan to go to water parks or back to the hotel for downtime if it gets to be too much. Between that and the heat, I wonder if I'm crazy to go but we won't know until we try!

They will be 15 and 11 when we go. The 15 y.o. has never been on a plane and the 11 y.o. has special needs so she acts much younger than her age. I'm worried about the temper tantrums she may have but I plan to go to water parks or back to the hotel for downtime if it gets to be too much. Between that and the heat, I wonder if I'm crazy to go but we won't know until we try!

Downtime is always wonderful - even an adult can throw tantrums without proper rest! (not mentioning any names... DH... ) You're not crazy to go! Just plan in lots of breaks and read the girls - if things are starting to be too much, head back to the resort! It is a vacation regardless of how long you actually spend in the parks!

We try to bring some bottles frozen for later in the day. Howexciting to take 2 girls for their first trip! How old are they???

If she's special needs you may need to get a DAS. We have one for my ds. We don't use it often but at times it's a big help

Good morning to my fellow stalker

:-) It is becoming a bit of an obsession... I just want the info to come out - at least we will have some time to read reviews and check things out before we actually go... I feel for those that are going in the next few weeks that really want to solidify their plans... I can only imagine how crazy that must be making them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter