~*~*~The Oct 2014 waiting patiently (or not so) for a discount thread ~*~*~

I'm emailing my TA right now, thanks I'll post back when I hear.

Good luck! If you call Disney, they will tell you that you cannot pick up package tickets early, but it is a standard operating procedure. :goodvibes They just don't advertise it. :laughing:

Sorry for the confusion. I am booked with the FD pin. It picks up on the 19th.

I am so jealous. It rots my socks to know that while I am there there are people in the room next to me who paid less because they had free dining. so frustrating. :O(

I am so jealous. It rots my socks to know that while I am there there are people in the room next to me who paid less because they had free dining. so frustrating. :O(

:( I've been there. We had to pay rack rates for our October trip in 2011. We still had a great time, but it was frustrating. If it makes you feel better, they are changing our Fall Break to Columbus Day week next year, so I will be paying rack rates from here on out if we stick with October trips. :laughing: I hope you have a wonderful trip!

:( I've been there. We had to pay rack rates for our October trip in 2011. We still had a great time, but it was frustrating. If it makes you feel better, they our changing our Fall Break to Columbus Day week next year, so I will be paying rack rates from here on out if we stick with October trips. :laughing: I hope you have a wonderful trip!

LOL OUCHIE indeed!!! Thank you we will still have a wonderful trip, even if it costs us about $2, 000 more than normal. :sick: :sick: :sick: :eek:

Good luck! If you call Disney, they will tell you that you cannot pick up package tickets early, but it is a standard operating procedure. :goodvibes They just don't advertise it. :laughing:

Still no luck:sad2: no discounts for the BC even trying to split it up. Sounds like we have the same pin code offer. Disney has sent it to me twice now. Once, in July and Aug. 20. I feel like I'm in a Seinfeld episode but instead of the Soup Nazi - it's Disney!! No Discount for You:sad:

I am right there with you. I was ok not getting free dining bc I booked a little late but then when I missed room only I became horribly aggravated! So people who booked a day before me (bc I called and waited to check with my hubby-BIG mistake) and now after me are getting their trip CHEAPER than me!!!! And I have never even received a pin...AND I called every day in summer sometimes 2-3 to check for cancellation! Except for when the room only came out bc I was out of town! AND was told the new deal would come out beginning of August and it came out early!!! :mad:

I am right there with you. I was ok not getting free dining bc I booked a little late but then when I missed room only I became horribly aggravated! So people who booked a day before me (bc I called and waited to check with my hubby-BIG mistake) and now after me are getting their trip CHEAPER than me!!!! And I have never even received a pin...AND I called every day in summer sometimes 2-3 to check for cancellation! Except for when the room only came out bc I was out of town! AND was told the new deal would come out beginning of August and it came out early!!! :mad:

I was in the same situation last year, so I chose to book with a Travel agent this year and she got free dining added to my reservation. It's something that you may want to consider if you don't have the time or energy (like me) to stalk the disboards everyday.

I was able to use the RO discount for MIL's room - only saved almost $50.

Then went to get it for my room, and it's $18 more to use the RO discount for my room!

Staying October 18- 22 both in standard ASMu rooms. Both have the dining package, neither one of us have a PIN or anything else.

I don't get it. It's not a lot, but still. Why should I be paying rack rate for one package, and get a discount for the other package when they are identical?

My room has me, DH, and 2 kids. MILs room is just her. So strange!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter