The *NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *2008*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We stayed July 26th for one night at Club Level lagoon view. What an amazing time we had! We both wished to never leave. The concierge staff were so helpful and friendly. We stayed on the 3rd floor room 3516. Everything from the room to the lounge offerings were incredible! I had never stayed concierge at the Poly before and it was worth every penny. Honestly. We also spent about 45 minutes on the Sea Racer boats at the marina (which a little tip for you is if you're planning on going fast and have two adults in one boat that will not happen :)). We didn't realize we were almost at the max weight of 320 and our little boat was struggling but we had a great time and laughed as everyone flew by us.

Our views from the room:

79612IMG_0279a.jpg

79612IMG_0281a.jpg

79612IMG_0280a.jpg

Flowers waiting in our room left by the concierge staff:

79612IMG_0282a.jpg

Mickey head towel and a wrapped chocolate bar with the Poly screened on it left by the concierge staff (I actually left this behind as I'm not a huge chocolate fan and it was so hot it probably would've melted on our way to the airport or on the flight. I left it so they could give it to someone else to enjoy):

79612IMG_0283a.jpg

I was so overwhelmed by everything I actually started to cry standing on the balcony. I'm a little emotional :).

I would be crying too. ;) Glad you loved it and had a magical time. :flower3:
The pictures are great!!
The staff has always gone out of their way to make us feels like Poly concierge is our second home. :goodvibes

Hi SeaSpray :wave2: You sound well. Glad to see you posting...

The sweatshirt just has the floral part that you can see at the bottom and it extends around the back a bit...

DSC03454-1.jpg

For those who are interested, check out the Crocs:
Mickey Kids Athens and Kids' Mickey Minnie Jane Girls (lavender/grape) $32.95
DSC03540.jpg

Mickey Athens and Mickey Beach $37.95:
DSC03541.jpg

I am loving all the live reports and pics :). I've only stayed at the Poly once before ( usually I'm a CR gal ;) ), but staying LVC in October. I'm going with a dear friend who hasn't been to WDW since she was 6:eek: Can you ask the concierge staff to purchase things for you to have in the room on arrival? I've stayed CL before at the CR, but never asked them to do anything but ADRs and event tickets.

All the Poly merchandise pics make me want to save, save, save so I can buy, buy, buy!! Thanks for posting them here!! I am so excited to go to boutiki for some shopping.
Have a Disney Day, Renee

Loving the Live Report!!!! I'll be at the Poly in 10 more days!!! Anyone with me?

My DD5 and I are going to WDW for the first time and staying at the Poly - I have gotten so much great info from all you about the Poly that it feels like home already! Too excited for words:cheer2:

I was so overwhelmed by everything I actually started to cry standing on the balcony. I'm a little emotional :).

Glad you had a good time!!

Next time you'll have to stay for more than one night, and maybe put it in DBF's name so he'll feel better :rotfl:

Terri, glad to hear things are going OK :grouphug:

Ah man, the next 12 days are going to take FOREVER!!!

Everytime one of my kids sees I'm on this thread, he or she asks: "Is that the Polynesian??? Can I look too????"

My DD5 and I are going to WDW for the first time and staying at the Poly - I have gotten so much great info from all you about the Poly that it feels like home already! Too excited for words:cheer2:

I know you will both have a wonderful time. The very first stay on property that our family had was at the Poly, back in 1988. It is probably the most relaxing resort on property and a great place to come back to in the afternoons and evening. I hope you and your DD have the most magical trip! :goodvibes

Those are great pictures of the arcade. :thumbsup2

Thank you! I think it's a great arcade - I love all the windows :thumbsup2

I'm TOTALLY enjoying all the pix and live reports! Makes me so eager to go and I have 16 long MONTHS to drool over everyone's trips! ....anyone know approx how much the stuffed animals cost?

You're going to have a great time! I will look at prices for "plush" today :cutie:

We stayed July 26th for one night at Club Level lagoon view. What an amazing time we had! We both wished to never leave. The concierge staff were so helpful and friendly. We stayed on the 3rd floor room 3516. Everything from the room to the lounge offerings were incredible! I had never stayed concierge at the Poly before and it was worth every penny. Honestly.

Beautiful photos and I completely agree about LVCL. Truly worth every penny IMO :cloud9: We were on the 3d floor too and I just could not get over the views from all over the room and particularly out on the balcony :wizard:

I am loving all the live reports and pics :). I've only stayed at the Poly once before ( usually I'm a CR gal ;) ), but staying LVC in October. I'm going with a dear friend who hasn't been to WDW since she was 6:eek: Can you ask the concierge staff to purchase things for you to have in the room on arrival? I've stayed CL before at the CR, but never asked them to do anything but ADRs and event tickets.

You are in for a TREAT! Yes, you can ask IPO about gifts in the room. I haven't done that in a couple of years but I used to do it all the time, especially at AKL CL and also twice at BWI CL. They did an amazing job :thumbsup2

Ah man, the next 12 days are going to take FOREVER!!!

Everytime one of my kids sees I'm on this thread, he or she asks: "Is that the Polynesian??? Can I look too????"
Cute! They are going to LOVE it at the Polynesian :dance3:

:cool1:
While pre-trip planning a few years ago, I decided to check out things at a local Disney Store. I was taking my princess grand daughter for her first visit to The World. She happened to be a big Snow White fan and I already had reservations at GF (staying at club level Poly) for the character breakfast featuring Snow White and Dopey. Careful planning secrecy is my MO as I love surprising the family.
:guilty: Oops, making a short story long. I found an adorable Snow White costume and Snow White PJs at the Disney Store and carefully and secretly packed them away. My little princess would sleep her first night in her charming new PJs and awake to find a beautiful Snow White outfit to wear to breakfast at that big hotel with the "red roofs".
After checking in, I clandestinely (hmmm, proper use of that word :confused3) went to the GCH hoping to find appropriate slippers to go with the costume.
There was a beautiful display of all the Princess's costumes and of far better appearance and quality than the one I purchased at The Disney Store. Being a proud grandpa, the costume I already had was not now good enough for my little princess. Soooo, I purchased another one. It was much more expensive, but worth every penny to me. I also found slippers and another set of PJs.
Does that mean I won't shop Disney Stores anymore? Absolutely not! I've gotted some kewl things at good prices at the stores. But I am always aware now that the stores at The World offer unique and quality things that you can only find there.

First of all welcome! You are going to love the Poly! We went for a few day around July 4th last year and I needed more. So my dh surprised me by planning a trip to the Poly again!
Looks like a few of us will be at the Poly starting the 10th. :thumbsup2
I have a dd6 and a dd8. Your dd will love the water jets coming out of the ground near the pool. Also ask at the desk what activities they are having for the day. They have arts and crafts, hula lessons.... for the kids.
Dawn

More great pictures, johnsonet. Thanks.:goodvibes Are you having fun?

Thanks to you too, NeverlandClub23. And what an incredible upgrade! Are you hooked now?

Terry, I'm glad you're doing OK.:grouphug: It's good to see you post.

JRDMAN, what a sweet story. You're a great grandfather. I agree with you about the quality of the merchandise at WDW vs the Disney stores.

Whoever (Naisy or Picabo?)was asking about the prices of Tshirts, etc.....any particular item at WDW will cost the same whether in a gift shop at a resort or park. But all Tshirts aren't $28 for instance. There's a range of quality and price.

While pre-trip planning a few years ago, I decided to check out things at a local Disney Store. I was taking my princess grand daughter for her first visit to The World. She happened to be a big Snow White fan and I already had reservations at GF (staying at club level Poly) for the character breakfast featuring Snow White and Dopey. Careful planning secrecy is my MO as I love surprising the family.
:guilty: Oops, making a short story long. I found an adorable Snow White costume and Snow White PJs at the Disney Store and carefully and secretly packed them away. My little princess would sleep her first night in her charming new PJs and awake to find a beautiful Snow White outfit to wear to breakfast at that big hotel with the "red roofs".
After checking in, I clandestinely (hmmm, proper use of that word :confused3) went to the GCH hoping to find appropriate slippers to go with the costume.
There was a beautiful display of all the Princess's costumes and of far better appearance and quality than the one I purchased at The Disney Store. Being a proud grandpa, the costume I already had was not now good enough for my little princess. Soooo, I purchased another one. It was much more expensive, but worth every penny to me. I also found slippers and another set of PJs.
Does that mean I won't shop Disney Stores anymore? Absolutely not! I've gotted some kewl things at good prices at the stores. But I am always aware now that the stores at The World offer unique and quality things that you can only find there.

What a Lucky Little Princess she is!!!! Sounds like you've created some extra special memories for her!!! (Got pix of her in her costume with Snow White and Dopey?? I wish they still had a bkfst like that b/c my girls LOVE Snow White!)

TgrLvsPooh - was just readig your live report and am really enjoying the PIX! DO you think you two got all the upgrades b/c of your anniversary or is it more just "luck of the draw"? I can't imagine they'd upgrade all people on their anniversary trip - or else they'd have to start asking for PROOF of anniversaries. haha Just wondering what TIPS you have for the rest of us on how to get lucky enough for an upgrade!!!

How quickly do the MK view rooms sell out? We are going in January (end of the month) & I wanted to wait until my next cc cycle to book if possible, but I don't want to miss out.

Thanks!

Oh sweet! I bet she looked adorable! :goodvibes
She's very lucky to have a Grandpa like you! :)

You couldn't have picked a better place for your first time!
You're going to love it and your DD will have so much fun!! :banana:

Be warned though...you may not want to go anywhere else.
We stayed at the Polynesian for our first time and every visit after that. :goodvibes

We will be at the Poly for the first time Aug. 10-16. I have been scanning this thread and keep running into raves about the miracle of "Tonga Toast." What exactly is it and why is it such a phenomena?

The way people talk here, the expression "greatest thing since sliced bread" will be changed to "greatest thing since Tonga Toast."

I definitely agree with this. Samoa is not only close to the pool but the little kids water play area is right there as well. Fiji is very close to the marina dock where the boat launches to the MK. For little kids with little short legs that tire easily these longhouses are great choices. :thumbsup2
Balconies on all 3 floors for Samoa and Fiji????
Thanks
:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter