The *New* Grand Floridian Resort and Spa FAQ thread (NOV 2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Lfive!! Welcome:) You have difinitely come to the right place for GF info...

There are so many nice things to do right at the resort, things for kids of all ages...TPV rooms should give you a nice view of not only the spectacular castle...but the fireworks and the Electrical Water Pagent that goes on on the water each night...

The GF has plenty of pool activities for the kids also maybe you'd want to rent a cabana for a pool day (half days available too...)it is a nice way to enjoy the theme pool area and get a little more of that GF pampering too...there is cabana info at the beginning of this thread and Lives4Disney just updated the pics for it too.

Evenings in the main lobby make for wonderful entertainment too...there is the pianist, and an orchestra...(not to mention all of those great shops...!)

Maybe you would like to do the afternoon tea or Princess tea..those take place at the GF too...

It is truly an great resort...have a wonderful trip:)

I admit that I have not gone through all the threads about the Grand Floridian but I am wondering if anyone knows how many park view rooms there are and if there is a "better" park view room area to hope for. A girlfriend and I are staying here for one night before our January Disney Cruise and she has booked one of these rooms with her DVC points. This may well be the only time we get to stay in one of these rooms.

Thanks!!

I admit that I have not gone through all the threads about the Grand Floridian but I am wondering if anyone knows how many park view rooms there are and if there is a "better" park view room area to hope for. A girlfriend and I are staying here for one night before our January Disney Cruise and she has booked one of these rooms with her DVC points. This may well be the only time we get to stay in one of these rooms.

Thanks!!

Hi.:goodvibes I am not sure how many TPV rooms there are, but the best, most direct castle views are found in rooms on then ends of Sago and Conch. There is a map at the front of this thread & you can see where these are located in relationship to the resort. There are some nice TPV rooms in Boca Chica and Big Pine, also....but if you are going to request a certain building, I'd request Sago or Conch.

Happy planning,

Lives4Disney:)

I am just curious about this...what buildings are there suites in besides the main building?? Are they in every building...and do they all have CL access??

we were in a 2 bedroom suite in sago a few years ago and had RPC concierge access, do not know if they have changed it since then though, have not stayed in a suite since then.

Room 4028...views and pics....

CopyofDSCF0772.jpg

Can anyone tell me if these new tv's have DVD players in them or if there is an attachment where if you bring your own it can be hooked up to the tv?

When we stayed at the Polynesian last their new tv's had the dvd players but we were in a concierge room and not sure if these are different then the regular rooms

Thanks

Can anyone tell me if these new tv's have DVD players in them or if there is an attachment where if you bring your own it can be hooked up to the tv?

When we stayed at the Polynesian last their new tv's had the dvd players but we were in a concierge room and not sure if these are different then the regular rooms

Thanks

Only concierge rooms have the DVD players. They cannot be rented or requested UNLESS you are on the club level. They also have a DVD library.

I've heard that some resort TVs have the plugs accessible for the portable DVD players, some don't. I don't think the GF did.

On our last trip at the BWI, we had the DVD player and watched Nemo every night as it was the only movie they had left in their "library" :rotfl2: But then again, that was the BWI - so what do you expect?

We never missed the DVD in WDW. My kids are so tired from their busy days they fall asleep the second their heads hit the pillow :rotfl: I usually put on the Disney Toon Channel for them to watch while they fall asleep. Now on a cruise, that's when you NEED a DVD player! Once we had to nothing to watch but "Everybody Loves Raymond" for 7 days!! :rotfl2: We never cruise without our portable DVD player!!!

I do know if you rent a cabana they have DVD players and the DVD library comes from the Mouseketter Club :thumbsup2

we were in a 2 bedroom suite in sago a few years ago and had RPC concierge access, do not know if they have changed it since then though, have not stayed in a suite since then.

Thanks Heatherlynn...how many did it sleep...did one bedroom have a king bed and the other 2 queens?? Also was there a sofa bed in the living room...

We are in room 4302. It is AWESOME. GF looks great, CM's are so nice. Definitely our fave. At the Christmas party now.

Is this a concierge room?

I'd be interested too! We just booked the GF RPC for Apr 22-29 with the 4 + 3 free offer. I am sooooo excited!!! It is a dream come true. What size is the room, does it have a balcony and what is the view.

Hope you have a great time at the party.

Denise! Have a wonderful time.:goodvibes I knew you'd love Royal Palm Club!:thumbsup2 Keep having fun!:wizard:

All the standard concierge rooms have balconies. There is a wing that has direct castle views....the rooms are over Gasparilla's Grill & face the marina and the castle beyond. Other concierge room views are of the courtyard or the Beach Pool. All the views are fabulous. :) There is a map at the front of the thread....you can see where these rooms are located in the main building...they are on the 3rd and 4th floors.

The standard room size is about 440 square feet.

Happy planning,

Lives4Disney :)

Hi all!

Back from a wonderful trip (pics to follow)

We were in room 7206 in Conch Key. It was a lodge tower room (aka, one of the turret rooms) AND it had a balcony!!!! Didn't we think those rooms did not? :confused:

Also, I know someone asked awhile back about the chestnuts and they are handing them out my the main entrance starting around 4pm. I had to try one, but I won't be eating them again anytime soon! :lmao:

Also, the photopass people set up for pics in front of the tree each day from around 4:30pm to 10 pm. No appointment needed.

HTH!

Cinderumbrella - glad you had a great trip! We don't care for the chestnuts, either - we think they kinda taste like a cross between a baked potato and a water chestnut!:laughing: Not so yummy.

Looking forward to your photos.

Hi all!

Back from a wonderful trip (pics to follow)

We were in room 7206 in Conch Key. It was a lodge tower room (aka, one of the turret rooms) AND it had a balcony!!!! Didn't we think those rooms did not? :confused:

Also, I know someone asked awhile back about the chestnuts and they are handing them out my the main entrance starting around 4pm. I had to try one, but I won't be eating them again anytime soon! :lmao:

Also, the photopass people set up for pics in front of the tree each day from around 4:30pm to 10 pm. No appointment needed.

HTH!

Whoohoo!! Sounds like you guys had an amazing trip!!:goodvibes

About the lodge tower rooms....the TOP FLOORS don't have the balconies....the others do.:thumbsup2

I am glad it all worked out for you so well. What fun!

Channing :)

Cinderumbrella :rotfl: on the chestnuts!!! I dont like them either...they just sound so nice in the song...K&a&c good description on the taste!!!

I bet it was nice to have that extra space in the lodge tower room!! One room wth 2 Tvs:happytv: my DH would love that!!:rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter