The *New* Grand Floridian Resort and Spa FAQ thread (NOV 2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOw...I checked my pics...I don't think there were king pillows on that bed....:confused3 It's hard to tell...but I think they were standard....all across - but piles of them. :goodvibes

I've never stayed in a king bed either, but have been looking at the photos online and I think you're right. They look like standard pillows.

Years ago, we had a king bed at the PO-R and I remember standard pillows, but you can't compare a Moderate resort with the GF:goodvibes

Marcie Your holiday card is beautiful!

Denise Glad you are having such a good trip...I want to stay in RPC eventually too...(but I know I'll be spoiled for future trips...:) )

Welcome TravelinGal:) You are going to love the GF!! I have no clue on the pillows..sorry...I do know the ones they have are very comfy!!

Lives4Disney is usually our resident expert around here or Alicnwondrln...I guess for this one we'll have to see what Heatherlynn says...

One thing I would recommend is to get your son a birthday button when you check in and have him wear it to the parks...he will get some nice acknowledgements... some CMs will sing etc...it is fun!!..especially for little ones!

Have a great trip:flower3:

Travelingal,The pillows are standard size. I too love my king size pillow, but the GF has the best and most comfortable pillows that it didn't matter that they were standard size.

Enjoy!

Magical

Thanks for the responses. :) Guess I'll plan to pack a pillow then or buy one on the way to the resort.

Travelingal,The pillows are standard size. I too love my king size pillow, but the GF has the best and most comfortable pillows that it didn't matter that they were standard size.

Enjoy!

Magical

Ooh..good call, Magical!:goodvibes :thumbsup2

Thanks for the responses. :) Guess I'll plan to pack a pillow then or buy one on the way to the resort.

Oh..but the GF has lovely pillows...even if they are standard..you might like them. (but I understand wanting a king) People come back RAVING about the pillows and want to know what brand they are.:)

Happy planning!!

Lives4Disney :)

Speaking of pillows, the Disney Resort Collection (www.disneyresortcollection.com) shows 3 different available pillows - Ultra Rest, Magic Gel and Luxury? Does anyone know which of these are used at the GF? My DD loves the GF pillows and she could use new ones! Anyone know for sure? TIA

Speaking of pillows, the Disney Resort Collection (www.disneyresortcollection.com) shows 3 different available pillows - Ultra Rest, Magic Gel and Luxury? Does anyone know which of these are used at the GF? My DD loves the GF pillows and she could use new ones! Anyone know for sure? TIA

HI Minniesota! We really liked them too...I'm not sure which one they are either:confused3 ...but I'd like to find out too...now theres a good idea for a Christmas gift :santa:

Checked out and headed to Epcot. Our flight isn't until late tonight. Loved RPC and booked it for the Bounceback next year. DH told the kids that since he pays, he is picking the GF every time!

minniesota, I don't think any of those pillows are the GF pillows. We've had the gel type at BCV and those are for sure not the GF type. I know they're not the most expensive style either as those are down and the GF pillows are not. I suppose they could be the least expensive type but the pillows seem too nice to be that inexpensive.

The pillows at the Polynesian seem the same as those at the GF. Ditto with the mattresses. I wonder if that's true of CR, etc..

triplefigs, I'm glad you had such a nice trip. Safe and easy travels home.:goodvibes

Checked out and headed to Epcot. Our flight isn't until late tonight. Loved RPC and booked it for the Bounceback next year. DH told the kids that since he pays, he is picking the GF every time!

:thumbsup2 Your DH is a keeper. Glad you enjoyed your stay. We are staying RPC for the first time in May and I'm afraid that we will have to stay there every time too.:lmao:

just saw there was a pillow dilemma :rotfl: for King beds at the Grand - if I remember correctly, they are standard size but lots!! I think there were 3 or 4 on the bed and 2 extra in the closet
here's a pic of our room last year with the King bed -

IMG_5172.jpg

Michelle :cloud9:

Marcie Your holiday card is beautiful!

Thanks!

I agree with that philosophy! I'm so glad you loved RPC. :goodvibes

An update on the GF pillows...

A CS rep at www.disneyresortcollection.com responded to my inquiry and said the GF pillows are the Magic Gel type. I have a call into a RPC CM to see if that info is consistent with what they know. :confused3 I'll let you know what I find out! Guess DD won't be getting the pillows for Christmas but maybe a nice Valentine's gift!

OK - I just have to say I'm am SO jealous of y'all who can afford RPC. Just a standard garden view room is it for us. :guilty: I may have to bow out of this thread since that seems to be what most every post comes back around to and it's really diminishing the joy I have over being at the GF at all. (not saying that to be snotty... just frustrated)

OK - I just have to say I'm am SO jealous of y'all who can afford RPC. Just a standard garden view room is it for us. :guilty: I may have to bow out of this thread since that seems to be what most every post comes back around to and it's really diminishing the joy I have over being at the GF at all. (not saying that to be snotty... just frustrated)[/QUOT

TravelinGal...I have never stayed in RPC either...although it does sound sooo wonderful...we have stayed in a standard GV and loved it!! It is the GF its just beautiful...I happen to love the GV rooms in Boca Chica...they overlook the courtyard pool and the main building which looks so beautiful in the evening all lit up...also in Sago marina view is considered GV...so if you prefer a water view that is an option...

There are so many nice things about staying at the GF...and while the gals that have been able to enjoy RPC are happy to share that info...I think you will find they also love so many other things about the resort too....lots of GF fans around here:)

An update on the GF pillows...

A CS rep at www.disneyresortcollection.com responded to my inquiry and said the GF pillows are the Magic Gel type. I have a call into a RPC CM to see if that info is consistent with what they know. :confused3 I'll let you know what I find out! Guess DD won't be getting the pillows for Christmas but maybe a nice Valentine's gift!

minniesota, I'll look forward to your report. As I posted before, the villas at BCV do have gel type pillows. They are quite different from anything I've slept on before and very different from the GF pillows. You can really tell it's a gel...as it squishes, the gel moves.:tilt: :rotfl:

TravelinGal, we've only stayed RPC once and that was during renovations at the Polynesian. There was a power outage in one longhouse (Tokelua I think) so we were "walked" to RPC (we had lagoon view concierge booked at the Polynesian). It is lovely to be in the main building but I could never justify that cost. I'd rather spend the money on fine dining, souvenirs or recreation.

Most people don't stay RPC. Just join in the fun and post away.:surfweb:

OK - I just have to say I'm am SO jealous of y'all who can afford RPC. Just a standard garden view room is it for us. :guilty: I may have to bow out of this thread since that seems to be what most every post comes back around to and it's really diminishing the joy I have over being at the GF at all. (not saying that to be snotty... just frustrated)

Anywhere at the GF is WONDERFUL!!!!! :wizard: I booked a GV for a stay too. :goodvibes

Have fun reading and posting and look forward to your GF stay.:thumbsup2 You will LOVE that place.:cloud9:

If it's not RPC it's GV for me.:) The rooms are the same - except GV has no DVD player (big deal;) ). On our October trip, my kids wanted bfast at Gaspies a lot...so we headed down there and skipped the lounge. We aren't around much for the lounge food, I don't drink, so really RPC is (for us) fabulous because of the terrific CMs, but honestly any CM we've met anywhere at the GF is TERRIFIC. You will love the Grand. :lovestruc It's the best at WDW.

Happy travels,

Lives4Disney :)

Thanks all -- I guess maybe it's just that hormonal time for me... :rolleyes1

To be totally honest, it's not even showing availability for our dates. But reading about it makes me WANT it anyway!! LOL

The GV rooms at the GF are fabulous, though! I have stayed GV, TPV, and RPC and loved them all! You shouldn't feel bad about booking "just" a GV, you will still have a fabulous room and a fabulous time!

Please feel free to ask questions! Most of the questions here regard RPC, so the conversation naturally does tend to go that way. Even so, everybody here will be happy to answer any questions about the GF! Many people would be jealous of you just to get to stay at the GF! Enjoy! :cloud9:

We'll be staying at the GF for the first time in April and we have a GV room booked too. There does seem to be a lot of RPC talk here but you're certainly not alone in booking GV! Hopefully, more people who return from their trips will remember "us" and talk about their terrific GV room! :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter