The New Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa FAQ (March 09)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a free continental breakfast for non CL guests at the GF?

We will be at the GF on Saturday, I cant wait!

Is there a free continental breakfast for non CL guests at the GF?

We will be at the GF on Saturday, I cant wait!

Sorry, no, only at the club level at any of the Disney hotels.

The GF has one CS (Gasparilla's), one sit-down (GF Cafe) and one buffet (1900 Park Fair) that all serve breakfast, though.

Have a great time at the GF!:)

If you are looking for a nice breakfast at the GF I would try the Grand Floridian Cafe. I love the breakfast there!

We are mainly looking for a "grab a muffin and go" type of breakfast for most days. We have Chef Mickey's one day. And plan do to just grab something quick at the park. I saw alot of bad reviews of the Grand Floridan Cafe lately. "Paper thin steaks, bad service and on an on." Is it really that bad, we have a ADR for our first night there.

If you are looking for a nice breakfast at the GF I would try the Grand Floridian Cafe. I love the breakfast there!

I agree!:thumbsup2 We ate here for breakfast and it was really delicious. The restaurant was bright, open and comfortable plus the prices weren't too bad (in case you're not on the DP). My hubby had the lobster eggs benedict and said it was amazing. I had the Mickey waffle with bacon, I'm kind of addicted to those! My 3 girls all had pancakes/eggs and loved everything. :goodvibes

When we go back in Oct. we're planning to eat here for breakfast again.

Just curious if anyone has been at GF during the lovebug season. We rented a cabanna for 2 days and I dont want to hang out if the bugs are gonna be all over the place. Do they spray to keep them away from the pool or will my cabanna have visitors. :scared1:

I'm curious about the lovebugs at the GF too.
We've stayed at the Poly during lovebug season in the past - and the only place where they really annoyed us was at the pool. They are attracted to light colors (i.e. all those white pool towels!).
I think it's a good thing that the new cabana lounge chairs are maroon!

Just wanted to note that lovebugs go away in the evening and are at the worst between 10a-12p...... So maybe book your cabana in the afternoon from 2-6. HTH!

We are mainly looking for a "grab a muffin and go" type of breakfast for most days. We have Chef Mickey's one day. And plan do to just grab something quick at the park. I saw alot of bad reviews of the Grand Floridan Cafe lately. "Paper thin steaks, bad service and on an on." Is it really that bad, we have a ADR for our first night there.

I have eaten there over 5 times and never had a bad meal. I think you will be fine.

We had a really nice meal there on Valentine's Day. I had the pasta with the shrimp and proscuitto and it was delicious. The dessert (chocolate fondue) was fabulous. My MIL had the steak and she thought it was good. I can't remember what everyone had but we were all happy with our meal.

Gasparilla's will do for what you want...muffins, croissants, sweet rolls, etc.. as well as some hot options. You could even pick up muffins, juice, milk etc, the evening before and breakfast as you get ready.

But GF Cafe is great. I can't speak to dinner as we haven't had dinner there in about two years. But we had a wonderful breakfast there 13 days ago...the stuffed croissant is soooo good. We enjoy lunch there every trip with rare exceptions and had lunch there three times in the past two weeks.:goodvibes Love it. Great service too. Although I will say the bread for the reuben was changed to just a light rye. For years it was a great moist marble rye...missed that.

Last summer, had both a good dinner and two wonderful breakfasts at the GF Cafe. Server got the wrong item ordered for breakfast, but corrected it with no problem. First morning breakfast was not hot. Second morning we ate there we told our server and our breakfast came out steaming hot. Enjoy your stay.

Gasparilla Grille and games is the food court and arcade at the GF it is open 24 hours.

I know it is the counter service restaurant. :goodvibes
I was just curious as to the literal meaning of the word? Other than at GF, I've never heard of it.

I know it is the counter service restaurant. :goodvibes
I was just curious as to the literal meaning of the word? Other than at GF, I've never heard of it.

Gasparilla was the Nickname of the spanish pirate Jose Gaspar, who operated along the Florida coast. In keeping with the seven seas lagoon theme a little pirate food stop probably seemed like fun to the original GF planners. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/José_Gaspar

http://www.josegaspar.net/AboutJose.htm

Yes, Sheli is right! :thumbsup2

Tampa celebrates Gasparilla Pirate Fest and Invasion every year. It is our local Mardi Gras! My uncle has taken part in the invasion and come into the bay on the Jose Gaspar for years. It is a lot of fun!

I just saw on another site that the paperwork has been filed with Orange County for replacing the carpet in the GF lobby with the long-anticipated marble flooring. Does anyone know when the actual work might be taking place?

I just saw on another site that the paperwork has been filed with Orange County for replacing the carpet in the GF lobby with the long-anticipated marble flooring. Does anyone know when the actual work might be taking place?

I heard July.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter