The New Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa FAQ (March 09)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:thumbsup2 If I didn't care about the view, I'd choose one of those rooms, too. They are so pretty and spacious, and hardly more $$$ than a smaller, standard room (with no guarantee of a view).:)

Yeah the rooms was amazing we had one in Feb and the view was of the courtyard and the quite pool.

Got a dilemma - already booked for a SL pool view in August. There's 2AD and 3 kids. We've always stayed in a deluxe hotel room with at least a Lagoon view, but this is the first GF trip! The CL food does help out alot with breakfast, mid-day snacks, and drinks before dinner.
My question is: if I even change to theme park view, will it be a good enough view to compensate for the CL loss?

And are all of those THeme park views in the main building?

Thanks for your help!:)
Hi, I think I can help a little. If you change to TPV you will be saving $15/night but you will lose the SL lounge. I would rather have the lounge but a lot of people prefer the view...totally a personal decision.

You will not be in the main building with a TP view room though. All of the guest rooms in the main building are RPC club level rooms. They start at $175/night more than Sugar Loaf. Same room size, same lounge foods, main building location.) In RPC the view is only a request, there is no way to guarantee the TP view.

I am pretty sure that the first page of this thread has a list of what views are in which building. If you want to check where the standard theme park rooms might be located.
Hope that helps a little :)

Hi, I have been keeping up with the GF FAQ thread for months and I have finally registered. There is so much useful information--I love it!

My family and I are staying at the GF at the end of April. I have two questions. We have reserved a cabana for a 1/2 day and I would like to know if we can use the dining plan for lunch at the pool.

Would anyone have a photo of the daybed turned down? I could have sworn I saw it somewhere, but now I can't find it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Welcome. I would think you could but it would be 2 table services per person just like the private dining from your room. If you are booked conceirge then I would email the IPO. I just emailed my GF contact to ask them. I will post when I hear back.

Kelly,

Do you know how likely a person is to get a TPV in RPC if they request it? (Like, is it half the rooms or more or less?) Just wondering, because it was a concern for us (to pay all that $$$ and being worried the whole time if we would get it or not). I wonder if they will change it like they did the CR this year (where TPV vs. BLV are bookable instead of just requests). Although, if most of the rooms are on that wing I could see chances would be very good...Just curious...:)

Kelly,

Do you know how likely a person is to get a TPV in RPC if they request it? (Like, is it half the rooms or more or less?) Just wondering, because it was a concern for us (to pay all that $$$ and being worried the whole time if we would get it or not). I wonder if they will change it like they did the CR this year (where TPV vs. BLV are bookable instead of just requests). Although, if most of the rooms are on that wing I could see chances would be very good...Just curious...:)

There are not tons of castle rooms. I hate the TPV category because that can looking at space mountain, LOL. To me I would want a castle view.
I dont think that will change right now. If you are booked in the main buidling I would say I am looking for a castle view and even offer some of the room numbers.

I got this off chans site:
RPC Rooms 4201-4209,

4301-4309 and 4401 to 4409

have Magic Kingdom views

Kelly,

Thanks for the info -- you're really helpful. And I agree, to me it's the castle or nothing. Space Mountain isn't something that I'd want to pay for.;) We've always been lucky with our requests (before TPV, our lagoon views always had great views of the castle, too), but now that more and more people are requesting things, I'm wondering what my chances are, wherever we're staying.:)

Kelly,

I agree with Kelly :thumbsup2
Make your request known when you book your room and make it known to the IPO people. Tell anyone who will listen :lmao:
Requesting certain room numbers is also very helpful. again the MK view rooms are: 4201-4209 - keep in mind these are the deluxe king rooms and you probably won't get one unless you booked a deluxe king room - 4301-4309 and 4401 to 4409 are regular RPC rooms with MK views.

You can see my view from the balcony of room 4406 at: www.youtube.com/mjc8579

Thank you everyone for the quick answers on the room. :goodvibes The deluxe room on the 3rd floor would be great. I have to go to Channings site to see if there are any pictures to show DH.:thumbsup2

I have been so busy this weekend so this is the first time I have had a chance to come to the Dis boards. I am so happy to see this thread is back. :cool1: :cheer2: :yay:

Loralie

we will be there in 18 days!:cool1: Does anyone have any info or know where i can find info on the photo sessions at the GF.

Also, we are booked for a TPV. Where might we end up and what might our view actually be? I have requested a higher level floor with no dormer. Is there something else i should keep in mind? I don't like to make a lot of requests, just kinda wondering.

we will be there in 18 days!:cool1: Does anyone have any info or know where i can find info on the photo sessions at the GF.

Also, we are booked for a TPV. Where might we end up and what might our view actually be? I have requested a higher level floor with no dormer. Is there something else i should keep in mind? I don't like to make a lot of requests, just kinda wondering.

There are TPV rooms in all the outer lodges except Sugar Loaf.

Have fun!:cool1:

I am thinking of changing my booking from the Beach Club to GF but I would like to add a room request not to be on the ground floor because I am travelling solo can I do that? How have solo travellors enjoyed GF?

Hi! Only 18 days to go - how fun! Are far as the TPV view rooms go, they are in any of the 4 outer lodges - Sago, Boca Chica, Big Pine and Conch. (The only other outer lodge building is Sugar Loaf and it is concierge. )

TPV can be a castle view, but it can also be a view of Space Mountain. You can request a castle view, just keep in mind that it is only a request. The TPV views are over the lagoon and very pretty!

Kelly (Alicnwonderln) probably has info on the photo sessions. She has just restarted this thread and may not have included the info yet. I'm sure she'll be along here and will let you know!

Have a great trip! :)

Thanks for all of the wonderful information about the GF. We are staying CL in June and I'm a gastric bypass patient and have to have lots of water. I've seen entries by people that they were able to get cans of soda from the lounge area on their way to their room, but I haven't been able to determine whether the water is by individual bottles or you pour from a large 2-liter bottle. My DW likes her Diet Coke and she will enjoy that at night in the room. I need to know whether to bring my own case of water or will I be able to get a bottle or two from the lounge for the evenings? TIA

I am thinking of changing my booking from the Beach Club to GF but I would like to add a room request not to be on the ground floor because I am travelling solo can I do that? How have solo travellors enjoyed GF?

You can definitely request not to be on the ground floor. We always request an upper level floor!:goodvibes

I've never done a solo trip but if I did , I would definitely stay at the GF! The grounds are beautiful and it's nice to just stroll around. There are great shops,too! Plus, having the Spa and Fitness Center would be a plus for a solo trip, IMHO.

Hope you have a great trip whatever you decide! :)

I read some great advice on the boards years ago and that was to put requests in a positive way rather than using the word not something or other. The reasoning was that the assignors have so many reservations to assign on a given day that as they skim they may miss that word and think in your case that you want the ground floor.

The one time I used the word not in a request, sure enough I was assigned the very thing I wanted to avoid.:rotfl:

So if I were you, I'd request an upper floor.

GF &BC are both lovely resorts...you can't go wrong with either IMO.:goodvibes

Thanks for all of the wonderful information about the GF. We are staying CL in June and I'm a gastric bypass patient and have to have lots of water. I've seen entries by people that they were able to get cans of soda from the lounge area on their way to their room, but I haven't been able to determine whether the water is by individual bottles or you pour from a large 2-liter bottle. My DW likes her Diet Coke and she will enjoy that at night in the room. I need to know whether to bring my own case of water or will I be able to get a bottle or two from the lounge for the evenings? TIA

These days the only water available at most lounges is the large bottles of Evian. AKL club level also has some small bottles of Perrier out from time to time but I don't remember that at the GF. You can request a big bottle to take back to your room though.

Have a great time!:cool1:

quick question....when the turn down service is done, do they also turn down the day bed if its being utilized for sleeping? No biggie, just curious:) I cant remember its been so long!

quick question....when the turn down service is done, do they also turn down the day bed if its being utilized for sleeping? No biggie, just curious:) I cant remember its been so long!

Yes, they do.:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter