The NEW Disney's Contemporary Resort FAQ with PICTURES! (Feb 2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got back...Main pools open so is 2nd 1...the main hottub in the "middle" of the pool is open...the one by the H20 slide is closed for refurb. the H20slide is open and FUN.....the pool is actually really warm they heat that thing amazingly. Perfect swimming @ nite time...Hope i cld help any othr ?'s just ask

Mitch:wizard::wizard::wizard::wizard:

thanks, mitch. i don't remember what the pool by the waterslide (which is currently closed) is. is there something (open) that would be good for a 2 year old who can't really swim? i remember a round little area over on the garden wing side of the pool that had a fountain shooting up through the middle, and maybe some other little water squirters? but i don't remember what was by the waterslide...

also, does anyone know if kids can wear flotation devices in the pool?

Well our room in December our room number was 4802 which is on the 12th floor and I as I mentioned before it was the second last one on the Chef Mickey's side and it was also the Bay Lake View. So if your room was 2 floors up that means it was on the 7th floor, although the only thing I don't know is if you were on the Magic Kingdom side or Bay Lake side?

Bay Lake side, which was beautiful in the morning when the sun came up. :cloud9: My son (5yo) LOVED our room location because he could wake up and go in the hall, stand on his tippy toes, and (with a little boost from Mom or Dad) wave to his favorite Disney pals every morning in Chef Mickey's. So again, I'm not complaining, just putting it out that it is possible you will hear some noise and music from the restaurant. But nothing that outweighs the location and amenities that CR offers...I'm hooked.

I just got back...Main pools open so is 2nd 1...the main hottub in the "middle" of the pool is open...the one by the H20 slide is closed for refurb. the H20slide is open and FUN.....the pool is actually really warm they heat that thing amazingly. Perfect swimming @ nite time...Hope i cld help any othr ?'s just ask

Mitch:wizard::wizard::wizard::wizard:

Thank you! We'll be down there next month. Glad to hear the slide is open. Our last trip was quick and we didn't get to the pool at all. We plan on spending a little more time there next month, weather permitting.

thanks, mitch. i don't remember what the pool by the waterslide (which is currently closed) is. is there something (open) that would be good for a 2 year old who can't really swim? i remember a round little area over on the garden wing side of the pool that had a fountain shooting up through the middle, and maybe some other little water squirters? but i don't remember what was by the waterslide...

also, does anyone know if kids can wear flotation devices in the pool?

We didn't make it to the pool last time, but I know the other resort pools have life vests available, so I assume CR does as well. And my son has always worn the blow up arm swimmies which were easy to pack and bring from home, and allowed on the slide and in the pool. We're leaving 5/6, so if you'll be there after that, I'll be happy to report back.

Hello all.

I've don't think I've ever posted on this thread before since we've never stayed at CR. Anyway, just landed a bay view tower room for free dining in August and we're thrilled, to say the least.

I've wanted to stay at CR since I first saw it in 1978. A long time to wait, don't ya think? :laughing:

I have read about 50 pages here and there of this thread trying to grasp what info I could. I'm sorry I still have a few questions.

1) I read that there are computers in the room but then later I read a poster that thought she/he read they had been removed. Can someone give me a definitive answer? Thank you. It would be great to not have to bring my laptop especially since wireless is about $10 a day? We like to be able to check weather, steve soare's site on WDW entertainment, send a few emails, download pics, etc.

2) I think I know all about the pools except the one hot tub. There are 2 right? One is beside the bigger main pool(by the slide?) and the other........that's what I don't get yet. Where is that one going to be.....by the splash pool? Somewhere else?

3) No more construction on food areas, right? Everything is finished? I'm not talking about the DVC, just the CR.

I think everything else I can read up on or ask later. I have plenty of time to read about what dining to do at CR and such.

Thank you in advance for the info. You all are so nice on here and so helpful to people.

I just can't believe we are going to get to do this. We can't wait!!:cloud9:

I just answered a question on another post and wondered how many of you knew this.....

....if you add the first 2 numbers of your room #, they will equal the floor number you're staying on...

IE: Room 4201 ....4 + 2 = 6...so this room is located on the 6th floor. This is for the Tower rooms, but will not work for the 14th floor (those add up to unlucky 13...since technically ...it is).;)

This has always been hysterical to me. Because we renumber a floor, that means it doesn't exist anymore? Too, too funny. Any preschooler can stand there and count the floors and get to 13. :rotfl: Oh, but, shhhhhh......if we don't say it, it doesn't exist.....shhhhh....... :rotfl2:

*disgal*

1) The in room computers are now gone and it's been confirmed by a few posters.

2) There is a main pool with a water slide and there is a smaller quiet pool towards the back of the pool area. I am just not sure where the splash area will be located.

3) The only construction still happening on the 4th floor is them switching the Concourse Sundries & Spirits store into the Fantasia Market, however that renovated started back on Janurary 5th and is scheduled to end on April 30, 2009. However I have a feeling that is not causing much noise because they are working from the inside and guests can not look into there.

CR fan, thank you so much.

That's a bummer about the computers, but I must admit, I was really surprised that they ever offered them. Since you get 24 hour continuous service for wireless, maybe we'll buy two "24 hours" starting at like 1pm, then we actually get 4 days (not whole days of course) to look some things up, kwim? Maybe I can actually convince DH not to bring the laptop. Ha! ;)

On point 2, do you know where the other hot tub is though? One is by the slide, right? I don't see the other one on the pictures, or maybe it's not there yet? I'm a little confused about that.

I was doing some reading on the restaurants.... where do you get a good cup of coffee (don't want the nescafe stuff) early in the morning, like 7am? The place in the lobby?

The hot tub is located somewhere in the main pool, so you can't miss it. As for a good cup of coffee I would suggest to try the Contemporary Grounds in the lobby, however I have never tried anything from there so I can not comment about them.

On point 2, do you know where the other hot tub is though? One is by the slide, right? I don't see the other one on the pictures, or maybe it's not there yet? I'm a little confused about that.

One hot tub is located next to the water slide at the main pool. The second hot tub is located near the small fountain which empties into the main pool.

Take a look at this link (post 386) and you'll see the fountain with the hot tub just behind it. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1747476&page=26

Here's an overhead pic of the main pool and you can see the hot tub which is on a peninsula which juts out into the pool: http://allears.net/acc/cont60.jpg

thank you crazy4wdw.

I think the pool area looks so nice! And with the pool bar, beach, lake......it's just beautiful. :lovestruc

3"Mouse"keteers;31092289 said:
What is the best room to request for proximity to the monorail? I want the highest floor available, so I guess I mean closest to an elevator. Also, how do you get to the MK walk way and what room would be the closest in proximity to that? Do some of the rooms have beds facing the MK (so that you can wake up to a view of the castle)? If so, which rooms are those? TIA!
bumping in hopes of some suggestions! :worship:

3"Mouse"keteers;31111453 said:
bumping in hopes of some suggestions! :worship:

ok so... um i don't have a list of rooms for you. but i do remember from my trip that our room 4713 (bay lake view), on the 11 floor (which is also the highest no club level) was directly in front of the elevator lobby, or not far from it. So i mean getting closer the elevator is going to fill both of those request, because elevator the 4th floor for the monorail, and then elevator for ground floor for the walkway.

to get to path. go out the main doors, or the side doors and head towards the bus stop. continue going then take a left. That should take you on the path. There are multiple signs along the way to keep you going.

I was doing some reading on the restaurants.... where do you get a good cup of coffee (don't want the nescafe stuff) early in the morning, like 7am? The place in the lobby?

I can confirm that the Contemporary Grounds has GREAT coffee. I also enjoyed their breakfast bakery as well. Enjoy:thumbsup2

Coming from a coffee addict I think The Contemporary Grounds in the lobby is pretty good. It's owned and operated by Jeffrey's and you can get almost any type of coffee drink you may want.

yes they can wear floaties....the pool is one big semi circle ish shape....there is the end nearest to the lake which has one fountain squirting straight up and then if you keep swimming there's a hottub built into the pool with little fountain shooting out of the sides of it then if you go around that turn you will get to the waterslide end....

3"Mouse"keteers;31092289 said:
What is the best room to request for proximity to the monorail? I want the highest floor available, so I guess I mean closest to an elevator. Also, how do you get to the MK walk way and what room would be the closest in proximity to that? Do some of the rooms have beds facing the MK (so that you can wake up to a view of the castle)? If so, which rooms are those? TIA!
Since all the Tower floors are set up the same way I guess the best room would be one by the elevators. Although I don't think it matters because once you get on the 4th floor you then need to take the esclator to the Monorail station, so if you had a bit more of a walk to the elevators on your floor it won't make a difference.

As for getting to the walkway when you are in the lobby walk out towards the bus station and over there you will see signs that say walkway to the Magic Kingdom, so you can't miss them. So there are really no rooms that are close in that situation.

Finally yes there are rooms that face the castle and they are the rooms with odd numbers.

Coming from a coffee addict I think The Contemporary Grounds in the lobby is pretty good. It's owned and operated by Jeffrey's and you can get almost any type of coffee drink you may want.

I can confirm that the Contemporary Grounds has GREAT coffee. I also enjoyed their breakfast bakery as well. Enjoy:thumbsup2

Thanks guys. sounds good to me. So nice to know I can get my cup of coffee in the morning.......I should say, GOOD cup of coffee. :woohoo:

Forgive me if this was previously posted but I was wondering if anyone knew how to send a package to the CR prior to our arrival. Where do you send it to and where do you pick it up?

TIA

Since all the Tower floors are set up the same way I guess the best room would be one by the elevators. Although I don't think it matters because once you get on the 4th floor you then need to take the esclator to the Monorail station, so if you had a bit more of a walk to the elevators on your floor it won't make a difference.

As for getting to the walkway when you are in the lobby walk out towards the bus station and over there you will see signs that say walkway to the Magic Kingdom, so you can't miss them. So there are really no rooms that are close in that situation.

Finally yes there are rooms that face the castle and they are the rooms with odd numbers.
Thanks for all of your help! :goodvibes If we wanted a room where the beds faced the castle, should we just request an odd numbered room? Do you think that would be the best way to ensure we got one? Or should we just request a room with beds facing the castle? :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter