The NEW Disney's Contemporary Resort FAQ with PICTURES! (Feb 2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi my question is about the garden view garden wing rooms. I would like to hear from people who have stayed in both pool view and bay view and which you prefer. I will be a family of 2 adults and 5 children, I have 2 rooms. Thanks in advance to all who respond we are going in Aug. thanks Jill
A garden wing room with a Bay Lake view is fabulous (this category is "garden"). Request a ground floor room closest to the pool and you will be literally steps away from the beach and adjacent to the exit (so you won't have to walk down those long, narrow hallways). There will be many ducks and bunnies on your patio, too. Enjoy your August vacation!

thanks that is exactly what I was looking for!!! I have the garden view but was torn with the view of pool or bay lake view thanks so much. Would you happen to have map or room number thanks again Jill

thanks that is exactly what I was looking for!!! I have the garden view but was torn with the view of pool or bay lake view thanks so much. Would you happen to have map or room number thanks again Jill
The room number of the ground floor, garden wing room at the very end of the building closest to the pool and facing Bay Lake is: 6122. The ground floor, Bay Lake-facing room numbers go from 6122 - 6109 (6109 is next to the canal that runs from Bay Lake to Seven Seas Lagoon.) 6122 is right next to the exit which leads to the pool and the Tower and next to a suite which faces the pool/BL. There is a suite at each corner of the garden wing. You can literally step right out onto your patio to go to the beach or pool. Enjoy!

I just answered a question on another post and wondered how many of you knew this.....

....if you add the first 2 numbers of your room #, they will equal the floor number you're staying on...

IE: Room 4201 ....4 + 2 = 6...so this room is located on the 6th floor. This is for the Tower rooms, but will not work for the 14th floor (those add up to unlucky 13...since technically ...it is).;)

I just answered a question on another post and wondered how many of you knew this.....

....if you add the first 2 numbers of your room #, they will equal the floor number you're staying on...

IE: Room 4201 ....4 + 2 = 6...so this room is located on the 6th floor. This is for the Tower rooms, but will not work for the 14th floor (those add up to unlucky 13...since technically ...it is).;)
My dad told me that a few years ago and until you mentioned it I forgot about that.

ededmd,

Thanks for the quick reply. Any idea when that kids splash area is supposed to open? We're heading there in about a month with our 2 year old and crossing our fingers it will be open by then...

No, no idea. She (lifeguard) said no date set. I understood her to say that they hadn't started it yet (3rd week of March), which looking at recently posted pictures of the area within the barricades seems true.

Here's wishing pixie dust for completion prior to your stay!

Please forgive me if this question has been asked ad nauseum, but this thread is 241 pages long.

I have a Tower Theme Park View room booked. What room request should I make on the reservation? I have heard the tower can be noisy, what floors should I request? Are all of the view's on that side of the tower amazing, or are there some areas I should avoid?

I'm really excited about this hotel. The rooms look gorgeous! I'm actually dreading the rooms at the GF for our June stay, I wish we could have done CR for June too. I swear I think the GF is using some of my DH's Grandmother's furniture (we sold it at an estate sale a few years back). Seriously, the rooms look EXACTLY like the bedrooms at her house, I hope minus the moth ball smell. lol Sorry off topic, I know!

Please forgive me if this question has been asked ad nauseum, but this tread is 241 pages long.

I have a Tower Theme Park View room booked. What room request should I make on the reservation? I have heard the tower can be noisy, what floors should I request? Are all of the view's on that side of the tower amazing, or are there some areas I should avoid?

I'm really excited about this hotel. The rooms look gorgeous! I'm actually dreading the rooms at the GF for our June stay, I wish we could have done CR for June too. I swear I think the GF is using some of my DH's Grandmother's furniture (we sold it at an estate sale a few years back). Seriously, the rooms look EXACTLY like the bedrooms at her house, I hope minus the moth ball smell. lol Sorry off topic, I know!

Consider saying something like "high floor" (11th is the highest non-CL) and something like "away from Chef Mickey's" (the XX48 room is the closest to the MK / furthest from CM). That combination will likely result in the most flexibility for the room assigner to get you a quiet room.

CR Resort Fan 4 Life has often said that he has not noticed any significant view difference between the lower and higher floors in the Tower, for what it is worth.

Have a great stay!

Consider saying something like "high floor" (11th is the highest non-CL) and something like "away from Chef Mickey's" (the XX48 room is the closest to the MK / furthest from CM). That combination will likely result in the most flexibility for the room assigner to get you a quiet room.

CR Resort Fan 4 Life has often said that he has not noticed any significant view difference between the lower and higher floors in the Tower, for what it is worth.

Have a great stay!
Thanks for the help!

So "high floor away from Chef Mickey's" it is!

does anyone happen to have pictures of the renovated pool area? i'm particularly interested in this kids' splash area, but anything will do.

No, no idea. She (lifeguard) said no date set. I understood her to say that they hadn't started it yet (3rd week of March), which looking at recently posted pictures of the area within the barricades seems true.

Here's wishing pixie dust for completion prior to your stay!

thank you! :)

does anyone happen to have pictures of the renovated pool area? i'm particularly interested in this kids' splash area, but anything will do.
I don't think they have even begun working on the kids' splash area yet, but I'm hoping they will have it completed by our trip the end of May. :wizard: Our 2 yr old would really enjoy it!

So "high floor away from Chef Mickey's" it is!
During my families last two stays at the Contemporary our room happen to be over Chef Mickey's and we honestly did not think it was that bad. Yes we could hear the celebrate with Mickey Mouse song when it played every half hour, however that's if we were in our room.

I did not know that! So interesting! We stayed at the contemporary in the tower, theme park view room in mid November and had room 4444...I could not figure out why we had that number room and were on the 8th floor. I can't wait to tell My son that after school today..he loves numbers. Thanks for the info!

During my families last two stays at the Contemporary our room happen to be over Chef Mickey's and we honestly did not think it was that bad. Yes we could hear the celebrate with Mickey Mouse song when it played every half hour, however that's if we were in our room.

Our first stay there in the fall, it wasn't really the song that was bothersome - I'm all for celebrating! It was the clanging of the dishes/glasses and the employees calling across the restaurant while setting up at 5:00 am. :scared1:
But we're coming back in about a month, so as you can tell, it wasn't enough to keep us away! I was the only one that even heard it - my hubby and son are much sounder sleepers than I am.

I did not know that! So interesting! We stayed at the contemporary in the tower, theme park view room in mid November and had room 4444...I could not figure out why we had that number room and were on the 8th floor. I can't wait to tell My son that after school today..he loves numbers. Thanks for the info!

I stayed in room 4444 this past June :thumbsup2

Our first stay there in the fall, it wasn't really the song that was bothersome - I'm all for celebrating! It was the clanging of the dishes/glasses and the employees calling across the restaurant while setting up at 5:00 am. :scared1:
But we're coming back in about a month, so as you can tell, it wasn't enough to keep us away! I was the only one that even heard it - my hubby and son are much sounder sleepers than I am.
Well just like your husband and son my family and I have not heard those things you did. Plus this past December our room was the 2nd last one on the Bay Lake side right over Chef Mickey's, so I am not sure where your room was to hear all of that at 5:00 AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter