The NEW Disney's Contemporary Resort FAQ with PICTURES! (Feb 2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does nobody stay in the Garden wing, standard view? lol

I'd like feedback and photos. If any hehe

dchi wrote:
I did not know that! So interesting! We stayed at the contemporary in the tower, theme park view room in mid November and had room 4444...I could not figure out why we had that number room and were on the 8th floor. I can't wait to tell My son that after school today..he loves numbers. Thanks for the info!

.....U R WELCOME!!!:thumbsup2

WE just got back from CR recently. I thought we were supposed to have acomputer in our room. We didn't, only a hook up. I didn't complain when we were thre, because I thought maybe I was mistaken, but I see weer were indeed supposed to have acomputer in our room.

Who do I send a letter to?

WE just got back from CR recently. I thought we were supposed to have acomputer in our room. We didn't, only a hook up. I didn't complain when we were thre, because I thought maybe I was mistaken, but I see weer were indeed supposed to have acomputer in our room.

Who do I send a letter to?
I recently read on the boards that the computers were taken out of the rooms several months ago. They were beta testing the idea only at the CR, and I guess it didn't get the Disney green light. We loved the convenience of the computers and will miss them, too.

Thanks, that's too bad. It would have been a nice plus! I told my family it would be there, and kind of felt like a chump when it wasn't. It would have been nice to be able to get resort info in a flash.

Well just like your husband and son my family and I have not heard those things you did. Plus this past December our room was the 2nd last one on the Bay Lake side right over Chef Mickey's, so I am not sure where your room was to hear all of that at 5:00 AM.

OMG - that's hysterical. That's EXACTLY where our room was, 2 floors up from Chef Mickey's...whatever floor that is. But like I said, I'm a pretty light sleeper - nobody else heard it, and I found that if I turned the a/c fan on higher so that it was a bit louder, it would mostly drown it out.
But believe me - I'm not complaining! We paid for a garden wing standard room, and they put us in the tower for free without us even asking. And as much as I thought I was forever going to be an AKL guest for all of my trips, I love the CR and am looking forward to staying there again next month. No resort room is is completely soundproof, and I think just have bionic ears. :rotfl:

mom2areadhead.... you lived my dream.

I'm dreaming of an upgrade hehe

That trip (1st week of Oct) we were only there Tuesday - Saturday, so I'd guess that's how it happened - no Sat night involved.

We've also been upgraded at AKL every time we stayed there. A room 1/2 way down the Kudu trail overlooking the Kidani construction and a random antelope and crane (the bird kind and construction kind) is still better than the parking lot!

I never count on it, and am always grateful and gracious if it happens.

What is the best room to request for proximity to the monorail? I want the highest floor available, so I guess I mean closest to an elevator. Also, how do you get to the MK walk way and what room would be the closest in proximity to that? Do some of the rooms have beds facing the MK (so that you can wake up to a view of the castle)? If so, which rooms are those? TIA!

Thing is we always stay 14 days and seem to be punished for it. We could not apply the 4/3 deal because of that.

3"Mouse"keteers;31085996 said:
I don't think they have even begun working on the kids' splash area yet, but I'm hoping they will have it completed by our trip the end of May. :wizard: Our 2 yr old would really enjoy it!
hmm...we're going from the end of april to the beginning of may, so if they haven't started on that part, then i guess we're probably out of luck.

i wonder what/how much they've done so far. not having that great of a pool is probably the biggest downside of staying there, imo (well outweighed by the proximity to the MK) -- but if they're doing something to improve the pools...

anyway, i'm curious, so if anyone knows what they're doing or what they've done, i'd appreciate it.

Thing is we always stay 14 days and seem to be punished for it. We could not apply the 4/3 deal because of that.
I know this is moot now, but I'm just curious... You were not able to make two separate 4/3 reservations at the same resort, back to back? (WDTC calls it a "continuing reservation.")

Our first stay there in the fall, it wasn't really the song that was bothersome - I'm all for celebrating! It was the clanging of the dishes/glasses and the employees calling across the restaurant while setting up at 5:00 am. :scared1:
But we're coming back in about a month, so as you can tell, it wasn't enough to keep us away! I was the only one that even heard it - my hubby and son are much sounder sleepers than I am.
You think your ears are bionic, last Aug. we were on the 11th floor, far away from CM, and I heard them every AM around 5:45 setting-up, and until 10:15 every night. I never need an alarm to get me down to the gym when it opens because CM wakes me every AM:laughing:. And, my DH and DD NEVER hear anything, ever. We, too still keep going back to the CR, but we always have the fan running 24/7, and I always request the 11th floor as far from CM as possible. (This year we're doing CL so I can be one floor higher;))

OMG - that's hysterical. That's EXACTLY where our room was, 2 floors up from Chef Mickey's...whatever floor that is. But like I said, I'm a pretty light sleeper - nobody else heard it, and I found that if I turned the a/c fan on higher so that it was a bit louder, it would mostly drown it out.
But believe me - I'm not complaining! We paid for a garden wing standard room, and they put us in the tower for free without us even asking. And as much as I thought I was forever going to be an AKL guest for all of my trips, I love the CR and am looking forward to staying there again next month. No resort room is is completely soundproof, and I think just have bionic ears. :rotfl:
Well our room in December our room number was 4802 which is on the 12th floor and I as I mentioned before it was the second last one on the Chef Mickey's side and it was also the Bay Lake View. So if your room was 2 floors up that means it was on the 7th floor, although the only thing I don't know is if you were on the Magic Kingdom side or Bay Lake side?

I know this is moot now, but I'm just curious... You were not able to make two separate 4/3 reservations at the same resort, back to back? (WDTC calls it a "continuing reservation.")

Nope..I tried and the CM said it was impossible

Nope..I tried and the CM said it was impossible

You should of tried again. I just did 17 nites in march with the package. I did 2 different packages: 1.) 7 nite paid 4 + got 3. #2) was 10 days and we still got 3 free.

I also got 2 of everything for the package. Gift card, planet hollywood coupons, boats, game card.... .

I had ap's vouchures, but it was cheaper to do the packages, and save my vouchures than use the ap discounts.

Never take no, on the 1st call. Try again.:idea:;)

mky:cutie:

I have had bad call after bad calls with Disney lately. I don't feel like wasting energy on it anymore. I'm recovering from surgery. I'd rather rest than be upset over this.

Just got back from the contemporary...I stayed on the 14th floor(club level) it is worth it. We had a magic kingdom view and we were like the 2nd to last room on the hotel Nearest to M.K.! Wishes were great and easy to see. The room was beautiful and spacious. The bathroom has 2 large sinks which were very nice....the shower faucet was great 3 different sprayer" modes"....and for the club level....amazing. If you have kids I highly recommend it. I would just wake up with my brother and sister and go straight there to get breakfast.

Toast..3 different kinds
Bagels
Cereals-4 different kinds
FRESH Krispy Kreme Donuts! Just plain glazed but amaazzzing
milk
coffee
apple juice
choco milk
espresso caf/non caf
and many more.....Trust me Defiently book it if possible and try to get into the cali. grill food is amazing we ate @ 8:30 perfect for wishes

Mitch

hmm...we're going from the end of april to the beginning of may, so if they haven't started on that part, then i guess we're probably out of luck.

i wonder what/how much they've done so far. not having that great of a pool is probably the biggest downside of staying there, imo (well outweighed by the proximity to the MK) -- but if they're doing something to improve the pools...

anyway, i'm curious, so if anyone knows what they're doing or what they've done, i'd appreciate it.

I just got back...Main pools open so is 2nd 1...the main hottub in the "middle" of the pool is open...the one by the H20 slide is closed for refurb. the H20slide is open and FUN.....the pool is actually really warm they heat that thing amazingly. Perfect swimming @ nite time...Hope i cld help any othr ?'s just ask

Mitch:wizard::wizard::wizard::wizard:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter