The New Caribbean Beach FAQ Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone see the odds of our family getting connecting rooms as slim or do you see it as likely?

Thank you so much for the new thread. We will be staying at CBR for the first time November 13th - 20th. We have always stayed at POR so seeing all the information here is great!!:banana:

I'll be watching closely. I was totally excited to see CBR pop up when I was pricing a night before our December cruise. We'd love to try a different resort. As a family of 5, our options have been somewhat limited.

We will be there December 12th-17th. We were originally going the first week of December at Art of Animation. We pushed our trip back 2 weeks to take advantage of free dining and are able to stay at CBR instead and actually saved $200.

Less than 12 weeks until my first stay at CBR! My DS9, Mom and StepDad are going August 24th-31st. I have been stalking this thread since Feb when we decided we were going to stay here. Thanks to mickeystoontown and dansdad for all of their advice and VERY prompt answers to others. There is no drama or negativity on this thread so that's why it has become my favorite :)

Welcome! I've got your dates down. I hope you fall in love with CBR the way we have!

We will be there 9/20 - 9/27! Standard Pirate Room :banana:

Welcome. Got your dates.

Hi all. New here.
Staying at CBR for the first time arriving on July 12th with my wife and our 13 and 11 yo boys in a pirate room. We've stayed in ASM and sports a few times and once at the swan (when I wasn't paying :)). We're excited about trying something different.
I appreciate the info and pics found here. I'm tired of reading reviews with endless griping about how the food court is too far to walk. The positivity is refreshing. Thanks!

Welcome. I've got you on the roll call as arriving on the 12th, how long are you staying?

October 19-24! First time at the CBR. First time at a moderate period for me. My parents have stayed at POR. It will be my parents, me, and my 5 year old daughter. Husband can't make it due to work unfortunately. Excited about trying a new resort and researching as much as I can. Thanks for this thread!! :cool1::cool1:

Welcome. Since our vacationing style has changed a bit the Moderates work best for us. I hope you have a great trip.

I really am a bonehead... I gave the dates of my cruise beforehand.... We will be at CBR from the 23rd to the 31st :cool1:

I made the correction.

Oops...November 12-17
:banana::banana::banana:

Welcome and got it!

Would love to see pictures! We'll be there September 6 - 14 with free dining. We were there about 8 years ago, and I don't remember much about the resort. It was overall not a good trip - DD had an ear infection, I had a sinus infection, very hot, very crowded, etc. Hoping this time will be much better!

Here's hoping for a magical trip!

Beach Bum's Roll Call Who will be staying at CBR and when.

Sept 26 - Oct 3

First visit to CBR!

Welcome. Hope you have a great stay!

DD and I will be at CBR July 18-27 for the USSSA Softball World Series.

Welcome and got your dates.

Everyone, please check the Beach Bum roll call for accuracy.

Our first CBR visit AND Christmas visit will be 12/18 - 12/25. :goodvibes

Whoohoo! Love the holidays at WDW.

We will be there July 5-13. First time at CBR. We are so excited. Just me, my two kids and my niece. :banana::banana:

Glad you're excited, it's a great resort.

Thank you for the new thread! We will be staying at CBR from 9/25 through 10/4!:thumbsup2

You're welcome. Make yourself at home.

Wow - new thread!!

We will be there Sept 20-27

Welcome.

New thread smell...aaah, lovely.

We're heading back to CBR March 1st-15th 2015, can't wait!!

Nice. Got your dates.

We will be there Sept. 21-26. Can't wait!

Enjoy.

We will be there November 16-22

Getting excited about our trip. I had wanted the RR at POR but I really think my son will love the pirate rooms more. I know he will LOVE the pool and splash pad area! :thumbsup2

I think he'll love it too! You're arriving on my birthday!

We will be there Oct 17-24th!

Got it.

We leave tomorrow for a week's stay - June 4 to June 11.

I am sorry to see they no longer offer little boat rentals. DH and I did that on our honeymoon and it was so much fun. We have some time to kill this time before we leave on the 11th and had thought about doing that with the kids. I guess not now. Looks like it is just hanging at the pool in the morning of departure day then....

Oooh, 1 more day! I know, I'm really bummed about the boat rentals too.

Please check the Beach Bum roll call for accuracy.

Sorry 2 adults 4 kids (10 and under)

We stayed for the first time this past May and so I may be the wrong one to ask. We are a family of 5 and we brought my parents with us. We got both our requests which was for connecting rooms and Jamica building number 45. I would have to say getting a connecting room in you situation should be met with no problems. When children are involved it moves up in priority. My suggestion would be to call and explain you need to split the chidren up and add that to you requests. As long as there is an adult in each room I don't think it would be a problem. Make sure to set your room reservations accordingly. Good luck and enjoy your trip. CBR is a gorgeous resort. IMOP it should be a Deluxe.

September 19-27!!! We added an extra day at the beginning - then decided to fly instead of drive so will have our whole first evening free at the resort. Can't wait to get there!

Myself, DH, DDs ages 11 and 13.

:dance3::coffee:

Anyone see the odds of our family getting connecting rooms as slim or do you see it as likely?

It's hard to say because it all depends on occupancy and how many others requested connecting rooms. Those are things we have no idea about. But I will say that they will do everything in their power to grant your request.

Yay new thread to stalk :)

We'll be there Aug. 4-11

Welcome. Stalk away!

Thank you so much for the new thread. We will be staying at CBR for the first time November 13th - 20th. We have always stayed at POR so seeing all the information here is great!!:banana:

You're welcome. We were huge POR fans until we were forced to try CBR to get Free Dining and we haven't been able to stay anywhere else since.

I'll be watching closely. I was totally excited to see CBR pop up when I was pricing a night before our December cruise. We'd love to try a different resort. As a family of 5, our options have been somewhat limited.

Here's hoping the rumors are true.

We will be there December 12th-17th. We were originally going the first week of December at Art of Animation. We pushed our trip back 2 weeks to take advantage of free dining and are able to stay at CBR instead and actually saved $200.

Nice! Saving $200 to stay at CBR is just icing on the cake.

September 19-27!!! We added an extra day at the beginning - then decided to fly instead of drive so will have our whole first evening free at the resort. Can't wait to get there!

Myself, DH, DDs ages 11 and 13.

:dance3::coffee:

Welcome! You're dates have been added. September is a popular month for CBR!

Since this has become my home thread I hope I can ask an off topic question! If not, feel free to tell me no!

Anyways, I have Disney stars in my eyes! But also panic! lol I truly have no idea what to expect!

The crowd levels say 3s and 4s and a 5 on Saturday. What does that mean? What will it be like?

What are Septembers like at CBR and at Disney overall?

Since this has become my home thread I hope I can ask an off topic question! If not, feel free to tell me no!

Anyways, I have Disney stars in my eyes! But also panic! lol I truly have no idea what to expect!

The crowd levels say 3s and 4s and a 5 on Saturday. What does that mean? What will it be like?

What are Septembers like at CBR and at Disney overall?

As far as the parks go, in my experience 3-5 crowd levels are extremely manageable. I'm talking the majority of standby lines under 30 minutes. We are very happy with crowd levels at 5 or under.

CBR handles crowds very well. Our last 4 trips were during Free Dining and CBR was at over 95% capacity and it never felt like it. It's one of the things we love about CBR. We always feel like we're the only people in our building.

We will be there Oct 1-8 our first stay at CBR. Thanks for all the helpful info.... super excited already! 120 days!!!

houstonmama said:
Wow! That went by fast! It seems like just yesterday you were snooping around the renovation area :thumbsup2

Tell me about it! It had flown by. Already planning next years trip.

As far as the parks go, in my experience 3-5 crowd levels are extremely manageable. I'm talking the majority of standby lines under 30 minutes. We are very happy with crowd levels at 5 or under. CBR handles crowds very well. Our last 4 trips were during Free Dining and CBR was at over 95% capacity and it never felt like it. It's one of the things we love about CBR. We always feel like we're the only people in our building.

Thank you!!! I'm so excited! I'm looking forward to free dining and low crowds!

CBR looks so relaxing from all your pictures! This is only my third ever vacation and I'm really excited for it!

We'll be at CBR Sept 20-28! We've stayed at CSR and POFQ so far. So very excited to try CBR!!! :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter