• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

** The NEW 2012 Confirmed Snacks Thread** Add yours here!

DizneyDaz, thank you so very much, as well as JJohnson, for this compliation. I have been using it for several years. :worship:

What has worked for me is cutting and pasting into a new document, in columns, cutting out the places I will not be going and eliminating the common things, drinks etc., that you can find in all the different venues. I highlight the items that I want to make sure not to miss and it makes those snacks decisions so much easier.:thumbsup2

There is nothing than stopping for a snack and then finding a better one a few feet away.:upsidedow

Slightly Goofy

DizneyDaz, thank you so very much, as well as JJohnson, for this compliation. I have been using it for several years. :worship:

What has worked for me is cutting and pasting into a new document, in columns, cutting out the places I will not be going and eliminating the common things, drinks etc., that you can find in all the different venues. I highlight the items that I want to make sure not to miss and it makes those snacks decisions so much easier.:thumbsup2

There is nothing (worse) than stopping for a snack and then finding a better one a few feet away.:upsidedow

Slightly Goofy

I do the same thing. Especially the common drinks, etc. Makes it more manageable.

I keep fine tuning the list and I think one of my next (larger) changes will be doing something with the drinks. I'm still working on a more standardized resorts listing. I just updtd my Pop list thanks to great photos on easywdw.com (thanks Josh!). Hopefully I'll be posting the revised resorts listings soon. :)

This next trip will be our first time using the dining plan, and this is so helpful! Especially to find out the best place to eat breakfast in the parks with our snack credit! Thanks so much for doing this!:hippie:

What a wonderful resource for taking on upcoming trip! I was wodering is this something that you will be doing for 2013 as well?
I just booked our trip for Oct 4-14, 2013:cool1:

Our last trip was 2009 and I had a similar list that someone had graciously mastered for all us Disers...became so handy to know what I was looking for !

Those of us who frequent these boards really appreciate all the hard work of those like yourself who give so generously of their time to make our trips special.:flower3:

Is there anything I can do to help when I go? I could take pictures of menu boards if that is useful.

Slightly Goofy

Just what I was looking for !!!! Thank you for ALL the time and attention that went into this!

Again a HUGE thank you! You have made my life and vacay so much easier by creating this thread!:worship:

Luster, I see where the offer ends two days before you arrive. Is there any way you could change dates?

SG

Just wanted to chime in and give my thanks! I have been subbed for a while and check in frequently in preperation of our Sept. trip.

This is great! A huge help! I was just on the WDW site looking at QS dining locations, and I didn't see anything that listed snacks(maybe I missed it??). Anyway...was trying to see what was available as snack options since I can't quite remember from my last trip. Thanks again! I think I will be doing as others have said and will make a customized list of the places I will be visiting on my upcoming trip this November!
Thanks again for all your hard work!

Thank you to the OP and everyone else who has contributed to this wonderful list! :thumbsup2 A few pages back, someone mentioned that they were able to get some snacks at Ghiradelli. Does that poster (or anyone else) have more information on what some of the options could be? I'm just wondering if I should save some credits for there! ;) Thank you!

Those of us who frequent these boards really appreciate all the hard work of those like yourself who give so generously of their time to make our trips special.:flower3:

Is there anything I can do to help when I go? I could take pictures of menu boards if that is useful.

Slightly Goofy

That would be awesome! I used to do it for jjohnson-though I don't think my family understood why?

When are you going or are you an APH?

Thanks for all the kind comments from everyone. I've been working a regular job so I don't get as much time to reply to your comments. They are appreicated! :dance3::yay::grouphug:

CJK-I too would like to know about Ghirardelllis. I guess if I don't get any further confirmation before Oct. I'll check it out on my own. We eat at DTD alot during our WDW trips.

Dizneydaz, I used to do it for jjohnson also. Never knew if it was helpful or not. Seemed to be the easiest way was to take pictures as that also proved that items were snack credits or not too.

I have an AP as we moved to Florida year ago but have not gotten there as often, nor as long, as we did when we lived in Indiana.:confused: Now that we are settled maybe we might make it more often this year though. Right now we are booked from November 25th to December 1st.

I will take pictures and when I return I will contact you for info on how to get them to you. It is the least I can do.:)

Slightly Goofy, who once got in trouble for starting a thread with menus and pictures of the different foods :scared1:

Dizneydaz, I used to do it for jjohnson also. Never knew if it was helpful or not. Seemed to be the easiest way was to take pictures as that also proved that items were snack credits or not too.

I have an AP as we moved to Florida year ago but have not gotten there as often, nor as long, as we did when we lived in Indiana.:confused: Now that we are settled maybe we might make it more often this year though. Right now we are booked from November 25th to December 1st.

I will take pictures and when I return I will contact you for info on how to get them to you. It is the least I can do.:)

Slightly Goofy, who once got in trouble for starting a thread with menus and pictures of the different foods :scared1:

That would be great! I too would take the photos and then send them to jj.

Funny thing about AP. We have AP to DLR so we go there quite a lot but when we go we are only there for part of the day. Rarely, if ever, do we stay all day. When we go to WDW we do the parks all day, on our park days.

I heard somewhere that cool wash is reopening when test track is reopening.

That would make sense. So I think that is sometime in December?

I have been on the commando trips with small children, I have been on ones without children and then with small grandchildren who preferred to either just ride the monorail over and over again or play at the resort playground. It never matters the season, how many with us or whatever each trip is special in its own way and has become more so as we have learned to go with the flow instead of having expectations.

I love being able to zip over to MK just to see the parade if that is what suits our fancy. I know we are saving big bucks on the trips now that we are local but now I fret over paying so much for a room so close to home (yet too far for a day trip).

SG

Has anyone put this (awesome!!!!) list into a spreadsheet for printing and taking with you to the parks? If not, I was going to but didn't want to waste my time if someone had already done it! :thumbsup2

Has anyone put this (awesome!!!!) list into a spreadsheet for printing and taking with you to the parks? If not, I was going to but didn't want to waste my time if someone had already done it! :thumbsup2

I have but it's out of date now. What many do is copy and paste the list(s) into Word and then delete items they don't need listed (drinks, ice cream bars, etc.) and also remove the places they won't be visiting. What I have also done is highlight in bold those items I want to get.

I do have the entire list in Word format, as of the last update, if you would like to use and customize for your use.

In past years I have used the Thread Tools option on the forum to choose the Print version, and just printed the whole snack list. The printer I use has two-sided printing so that helps.

We normally go to Boulangerie Patisserie for snacks and I heard someone on a podcast say they don't do snack credits anymore - Has anyone eaten their snacks there in the last month on the dining plan? Thanks leaving in a few days...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter