The MAGIC is Back!!! - 6th Sept 2014 WBTA - Come & join the fun! - PART 2

No response from DCL on canceling chocolate tasting.

We are at airport waiting for the first leg of our journey. W will be in Barcelona in about 17 hours.

We are at airport waiting for the first leg of our journey. W will be in Barcelona in about 17 hours.

Safe travels!

Did you say you were staying at the Le Meridien? I'll be arriving there Friday. :)

I was wondering if the cabin crawl people on the 1st tasting could ask to be on the later cabin crawl group? It may work? I would offer to change but really want to do the cabin crawl too and am in the second group on cabin crawl so will be done in time for the second one. Don't stress too much! Worse things happen at sea and I'm sure we are all just grateful for all your work!

Responses I have recd from DCL while in transit yesterday:

That is correct.

Guests will NOT receive any notification or notice in their stateroom. Due to late approvals for all Mixology/Tasting Events, we are allowing changes, cancellations of names, any additional Guests, modification of times or location with the discretion of Group Manager onboard, Andreia Major & the Beverage Team. Please communicate this with everyone & kindly see her at Guest Services on deck 3, midship for further assistance, otherwise those confirmed Guests names on our lists will be charged onboard account.

We regret for any inconveniences.

And this:

Hi Danae,

I regret that this is happening for all of requested & approved Mixology/Tasting venues, due to late final approval, we are allowing changes, cancellations, additions, modifications of all segments of every events that I have created.

Please contact Andreia Major, Groups Manager onboard Disney Magic at least 24 hours prior to confirmed event. You may visit Guest Services on deck 3, midship. I am relaying this information to her as well as the Beverage Team.

We will try our best to accommodate every change.

NOTE: Please be advised that participants will be charged onboard account, if there’s cancellation, notify Andriea.

Sorry, but could somebody please post that info on FB for me?

Looking forward to seeing many of you at 6pm at HRC tonight. I hope I can get "on track" today. Tuesday night i slept only 2 hours trying to get everything ready for trip - does anyone else feel the need to clean and organize house before going on vacation? I guess I want things to look good if someone burgles my home.:lmao:

And then during our 8 hour crossing of the Atlantic i slept maybe 2 hours total because I could not get comfy. Tonight I crashed as soon as we checked in an ordered room service, now after 6 hours im back up! At least the kids seem to be catching up on their sleep...

Can't wait to get on the Magic, I love the movement of the ship, it helps me sleep.

Here is the confirmation from DCL: Tuesday September 9, 2014 Chocolate Tasting WBTA12:00 pm-1:00 pm Beverage & Bar Contact Danae Hudson 8076 Keys Deck 3, Forward (Qty 22) Accounting Details - Please charge each Guest $30.00 whether they show-up or not. (Qty 22) Chocolate Tasting - Here are the names with stateroom numbers: 7570 Ritegno/Klingman (2) 2142 Pihlak (1) 5518 Shields (2) 6046 Foley (2) 6502 Riches (1) 6607 Wedge (2) - 5522 Brasiel (2) 5505 Bornmann (1) 5128 Preston (1) 6099 Birkner (2) 2129 Crosby/Doehler (2) 7054 Walters (2) 7124 Turano (2) - Please charge each Guest $30.00 - Please be advised that Guests will NOT receive any invitation or notice in their stateroom GROUP 2 Tuesday September 9, 2014 Chocolate Tasting WBTA 2:00 pm-3:00 pm Beverage & Bar Contact Danae Hudson 8076 Keys Deck 3, Forward Beverage & Bar (Qty 21) Chocolate Tasting - Here are the names with stateroom numbers: 8076 Hudson (2) 7552 Richardson (2) 8080 Namsupak (1) 6096 Whatley (1) 6642 Bakker (1) 6618 Roberts (2) 2011 Sims (1) 6612 Nunn (1) 2145 Still (1) 8054 Collick (2) 2104 Vasquez (2) 6004 Adams (1) 6548 Zonnevijllw/Poiret (2) 8586 West (2) - Please charge each Guest $30.00 - Please be advised that Guest wil NOT receive any invitation or notice in their stateroom. Unfortunately, this directly conflicts with the Cabin Crawl for the first group. I know some of you may be signed up for this and maybe even scheduled to show your room - if so please contact me if you wish to try and get out of the chocolate tasting. I honestly don't know if anyone can back out (since the original times were switched) but if you wish to do so I will contact DCL and see if it is possible. Can everyone on the list respond to this posting or by PM (But if I may fill up my PM box!) and confirmed you are aware of your time and date? I just need to know if anyone missed this so I can inform them when we get on the ship. Thanks Danae

It's clash with cabin crawl. I am not sure

Hello we are stuck at Garwuck Airport since 11.15 am as we missed the connect flights as our flight from Edinburgh was delayed on the runway so had terrible times with security and passport for caught the flight. However BA was helpful and try put us on Iberia flight for 3 pm but changed to 6 pm It is a long day and now the flight is delaying. So we miss out hard rock tonight. And hopeful we get to Barcelona by tonight. See y all on abroad Disney Creuise Tomorrow

During we moved to new house at last mins everything had been upside down. I don't have wifi or broadband. I am unable to print out for my door sign

Haven't been on Dis in several days, and now I see DCL has created another situation! It is completely unacceptable to confirm and change group events 4 days before the sailing. Especially a sailing requiring every passenger to travel around the world either prior to after the sailing.

I will cancel my chocolate tasting (and maybe my mixology just for spite), but the cabin crawl will continue.

Please everyone be on time. Cabin hosts, please be a few minutes early. I would like cabin hosts to be in Promenade at 11:45 if possible. Thank you so much.

--Lucas

Sorry, but could somebody please post that info on FB for me?

Looking forward to seeing many of you at 6pm at HRC tonight. I hope I can get "on track" today. Tuesday night i slept only 2 hours trying to get everything ready for trip - does anyone else feel the need to clean and organize house before going on vacation? I guess I want things to look good if someone burgles my home.:lmao:

And then during our 8 hour crossing of the Atlantic i slept maybe 2 hours total because I could not get comfy. Tonight I crashed as soon as we checked in an ordered room service, now after 6 hours im back up! At least the kids seem to be catching up on their sleep...

Can't wait to get on the Magic, I love the movement of the ship, it helps me sleep.
I posted on FB page this morning.:flower3:

Hi Everyone-
I hope everyone enjoyed the cruise as much as we did! Got home yesterday after spending a couple of days in San Juan, and now it's back to reality.
I also wanted to take this opportunity to thank my Secret Mickey! I loved all of my gifts!!!! Thank you so much!
I also want to thank my fish extender friends. Everyone put quite a bit a thought into it and we received so many wonderful things!
And lastly I want to thank everyone who organized all of the DIS meets for the cruise. It would not have been as good as it was without your hard work and organization.
:goodvibes

Me three!!! It was a wonderful cruise and I wish we could do it again right now:) Thanks for all the wonderful gifts, candies, postcards, recipes, Secret Mickey items, and meeting the most wonderful cruisers! Hope we can sail together again :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

What a wonderful cruise. thank you everyone. It was great meeting so many of you. Loved the cruise so much we book the Panama Canal east bound. Anyone else doing this? :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

It is so tough to be back to reality after experiencing the most wonderful cruise!! Met so many wonderful people whom I have spoken with on the boards; my candy swap was such a success - thanks Christina and Kasper for helping with the candy overflow; received phenomenal scrapbook exchanges; had the most wonderful time with my traveling friends in our zip code section of deck 9; FE gifts were thoughtful and fun; wow, there is so much to be thankful for, but to everyone whom I met, spoke with, laughed with - you made it such a monumental success and created long lasting memories!!

Back home late last night after a great WBTA and Southern Caribbean cruise. It was great meeting you all and sorry I missed those whose Dis names couldn't be matched up with faces.

We thoroughly enjoyed all the organised events and thanks to those who took great pains to plan them. I know Disney didn't play an easy game come the end. Also thanks to Michael (our table mate) for the Navigator and Claire for the roll call.

I would like to thank the person who gave me (Sue Powell cabin 6011) my gifts for the Secret Mickey and I am sorry I was not able to thank you personally. I was hoping to meet you at the 'Till we meet again' lunch with Secret Mickey reveal but apparently you weren't there! I asked the organiser for your name and cabin number but she still had you down as GTY and Guest services quite rightly wouldn't give me your cabin number. I have looked for you on Facebook but can't see your name....YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!! So thanks again and the gifts were really appreciated.

Our friends on the WBTA (first time cruisers) enjoyed it so much they are now coming with us on the WBTA next year...shorter I know with less ports but there is so much fun to be had on the ship and we are also doing the Westbound Panama in May so hopefully we can meet up with some of you again.

Hope everybody arrived home safely and for those of us that are suffering with the coughs and colds....get well soon.:sick:

Back home yesterday after a great week in Orlando.

I did not participate in any exchanges this cruise due to lack of luggage space, 22 nights away does not leave much room for extras. I would just like to thank the 3 or 4 families who left us little gifts anyway, maybe by mistake or you had some spare but they were much appreciated, thank you.

Also like to thank the boy aged about 10-12 years old who helped us in the Oceaneer Lab with the computer game & ship simulator, we had no idea what we were doing. He had a DIS lanyard but I never got around to asking who he was.

We have booked a 7 night western Caribbean for next August if we keep it. DS has been offered a 1 year job in Ghana starting next summer, after his Uni degree. If he accepts the job we won't cruise, if he declines the job and continues with a Masters degree then we probably will take the cruise.

Hello

Got broadband on and got internet back... oh :cool1:

I enjoyed this cruise and lovely to met new faces and old faces too.

Lucky we flew the day before as we missed the connection flight at Gatwick through security and we had to waited until evening for another flight It was a long day for us but we did make it and on the cruise too... I regarded to miss out Hard Rock...

But my family and I enjoyed the cruise and thank for Candy and FE. I love the bag which someone who made it, I don't know from but it is fab bag. and all FE was good.

I can't believe how much Candy we brought it home and have to split four bags to put in the bags. It was yummies..

I think I have mixed up with FE and scrapbooking as the reason we moved to new house few days before this cruise and broadband/internet was shut down and I didn't print out.

I hope FE and scrapbooking that you all got it from me as I hope no one missed it out? if so, my apologies... Also I was unable to print out my designs for magnet for the door... that was a huge disappointed as everything was upside down when we moved to new house at last mins by lawyer.

I was unable to print it out and lucky one lady gave me her paperwork and I managed to get it copy from DCL... Big thank to you I think it was KIm?

I managed to get secret Mickey.

Big thank to you Secret Mickey for Olivia and Keith... what a fab gifts.

It was fab times on the Cruise with beautiful weather too apart from San Juan.

I cannot believe about San Juan port as we were standing the queue for one half hours for passport etc.

Anyway, Lovely to met you all

Forgot to say goodbye to David and Tara from California... if you know they are on disboard or facebook?

Scottishwee35

What a wonderful cruise. thank you everyone. It was great meeting so many of you. Loved the cruise so much we book the Panama Canal east bound. Anyone else doing this? :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Hi

I have done the Panama Canal Westbound not east bound.

I have to say that it was amazing cruise for PC. I would love to do that again...

I am sure you will love it.

Scottishwee35

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter