The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread! ~ Post #1 is a must see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for doing this ! The other thread was getting far too long and unwieldy to be useful.

Thank you for starting a new thread. I have wanted to ask questions but I didn't feel like I should unless I read the whole post first... and that just was not going to happen in one night!

anyway .. here is my question. We are staying at POP in Jan. My DS3 will be in one bed with guard rails, my DD1 in a pack and play and my parents in an adjoining room. (which means the door will always be open) Last time we did this we stayed at ASSports. My son was in the pack and play and I am almost positive we moved the beds just so we would have room for his stroller. This time we will have a double to deal with. I am so worried that even though we basically have a family suite we will not all fit. Does anyone know if the king bed rooms are adjoined rooms?

Will someone please just tell me to stop freaking out over dumb stuff? :confused3

.....Does anyone know if the king bed rooms are adjoined rooms? .....Will someone please just tell me to stop freaking out over dumb stuff? :confused3

Oh I would TOTALLY be like you in trying to get a peace of mind for all the details, so I'm not one to give you support in trying to no be bothered by all the questions running around in your head!!

I took a look at the map shown below. It appears that there are indeed king bed rooms that connect to double/double bed rooms.

If I'm reading this correctly, every king bed room with a room number ending in either 03, 22, 51, 53, 67, or 70 will fufill your needs. So that's 6 rooms on each floor x 4 floors x 10 buildings = 240 rooms out of 2880 rooms on campus that fill your bill. Keep in mind that some of these are disability accessible rooms as well. So if I were you, I would book your rooms sooner than later so there's more probability of your request being granted. :)

PopCenturyRoomLayout.jpg

Hi, Disneylush!

You might want to make sure that you requested "connecting" rooms, NOT "adjoining" rooms. Connecting rooms connect with a door between the two rooms. Adjoining rooms are next to each other, or can even be across a hallway and they do not share a doorway.

Hope that helps!

:grouphug: Thank you to everyone who has been supportive of this new thread. I felt the same as each of you have voiced, so I'm thrilled to hear that this is more helpful and useful for many of you and hopefully to newbies who cruise by to visit the thread looking for info at their fingertips.

So "you're most welcome"! I'm glad I could make a change that will benefit many of you.

BTW, I noticed that in the past few days there was a thread created with people speaking of the very same need for so many of the other DISboard official resort FAQ threads" as they've become up to 500 pages long and years old. So Pop is not the only one that's getting a new face on the forum. As safetymom stated, the older thread still remains in existence for reference and is noted in Post #1 as a resource. Yet it's really necessary to have only one thread for new info to be posted to and for people to know where to go and ask their questions.

I bet in 18 months someone will need to close this one out and start a new one, too, because there are so many good pieces of information that you can all contribute to this thread as things change and people come up with new questions that haven't been addressed in the past.

Your description of Magic on Demand makes sense, but is that different from other resorts? I've never stayed at a value and am considering Pop. Previously I was at WL and CBR, are they different than magic on demand busses and does this result in different wait times?

Thanks for the thread by the way!

Shamelessly bumping my own question. Im sorry!

Your description of Magic on Demand makes sense, but is that different from other resorts? I've never stayed at a value and am considering Pop. Previously I was at WL and CBR, are they different than magic on demand busses and does this result in different wait times?

I remember reading this "Magic on Demand" topic on the older thread. I think you have a great question. Based on the definition, it seems that it would have a negative affect, however, the commute times to the parks reported by the OP of the older thread, Tyler (a very reliable source), doesn't seem too be bad.

It was also Tyler, who is now also a Transportation Forum Moderator, who defined "Magic on Demand" somewhere in the other thread. I took the liberty to post your question out on the Transportation forum for him or others who know the answer to respond. So if you don't get a response in this thread, let's keep an eye out on the one below for an answer. :) I'll include the answer to your question in Post #1 as well.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1630448

Oops! I didn't even know there was a transportation thread. Thank you for doing all that legwork for me, I'll be sure to watch that thread and check that forum out :).

Thank you for starting a new thread. I have wanted to ask questions but I didn't feel like I should unless I read the whole post first... and that just was not going to happen in one night!

anyway .. here is my question. We are staying at POP in Jan. My DS3 will be in one bed with guard rails, my DD1 in a pack and play and my parents in an adjoining room. (which means the door will always be open) Last time we did this we stayed at ASSports. My son was in the pack and play and I am almost positive we moved the beds just so we would have room for his stroller. This time we will have a double to deal with. I am so worried that even though we basically have a family suite we will not all fit. Does anyone know if the king bed rooms are adjoined rooms?

Will someone please just tell me to stop freaking out over dumb stuff? :confused3

If you want a king sized be, you need to request one ahead of time as well. Also be aware that the beds at Pop don't move.

I'm sorry, but what is Magic on Demand

I'm sorry, but what is Magic on Demand

"Magic on Demand" is/was a "behind the scenes" term for the program that has buses dispatched to the resort as needed when there are crowds of people waiting in line at a resort is excessive. I'm sure at least Tyler (if not anyone else) can correct me if I'm wrong or add more definition to that explanation, since he's the guru in this area!

So although commute times may be low, if you're having to wait 45 minutes for a bus, that kinda stinks. So Disney Transportation will dispatch additional buses (that are available) to accommodate the load.

And to think, I just finished reading EVERY post on the old thread!:surfweb:
Does anyone have any pics of the king rooms at Pop? I'd like to stay in a standard king room, in the 70's section facing the water. (I know, way specific!) Seems like a nice area! DH and I are going in January and I can't wait! :dance3:

I'm planning a trip for Dec. 13 - Dec. 17 in 2008.

I was thinking about trying Pop Century this time, and was wondering if any of you could tell me when I should book my room? I really wanted to try to wait for the 2008 MVMCP dates to be released so that I could make sure my dates were ok. Would that be waiting too long? Does Pop Century book up quickly in early December?

TIA!

Love the new thread, just as I did the old.
Thanks for compiling all the wonderful info into one easy to read post!

I'm planning a trip for Dec. 13 - Dec. 17 in 2008.

I was thinking about trying Pop Century this time, and was wondering if any of you could tell me when I should book my room? I really wanted to try to wait for the 2008 MVMCP dates to be released so that I could make sure my dates were ok. Would that be waiting too long? Does Pop Century book up quickly in early December?

TIA!

Hey there! I can't speak to the volume of guests at various times in December, but I can tell you that you could secure your place now with a deposit (just don't pay in full). When the MVMCP dates are announced, if they don't fall in line with your anticipated dates, you can call Reservations back to alter your check-in/out days. In the end, you will always have the option to cancel altogether, but we're not going to worry about that happening!! Regardless, however, make sure you ask about the cancellation policy so there are no surprises.

Based on my profession, by default I'm a risk mitigator. So personally, I would book the room(s) now. Besides, it makes it feel more real when you do that!

"Magic on Demand" is/was a "behind the scenes" term for the program that has buses dispatched to the resort as needed when there are crowds of people waiting in line at a resort is excessive. I'm sure at least Tyler (if not anyone else) can correct me if I'm wrong or add more definition to that explanation, since he's the guru in this area!

So although commute times may be low, if you're having to wait 45 minutes for a bus, that kinda stinks. So Disney Transportation will dispatch additional buses (that are available) to accommodate the load.

Thanks. I know the concept, but never knew it had a name!
We did find bus waits to be kind of long to getto the parks, but lots of times leaving 2 would be laoding and one waiting to pull in after we leave.

Hi-
Just found this thread...never saw the old one. This one looks great!:cool1:
Regularly read and occasionally post on the camping thread but will stay at POP in Jan. 2008 so I will be stopping here now. A couple ???'s

Just made resv. for 1/21-1/27/08 for the POP with our new AP discount.:yay: Could not beat the cost difference with the discount vs. camping this trip!:rolleyes1 LOVE to camp though!

Wondered... Can you take your own compact refrigerator? Also, is the refillable mug worth the cost? Staying at the Fort it is not worth getting. We were at FW 3 weeks ago and it was hot and crowded. Looking forward, if the trip works out:confused3, to cool weather & low crowds in January.

Thanks so much for all of the information!:flower3:

Amy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter