Mary Poppins Returns

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
I saw parts of Mary Poppins Returns on Disney+ And I was wondering what it exactly is? Is it the exact same storyline as Mary Poppins but with Jane and Michael Banks's children and did this film do well in theaters or did it recieve mixed reactions from people? I also learned that it was Angela Lansbury's final film too

I saw parts of Mary Poppins Returns on Disney+ And I was wondering what it exactly is? Is it the exact same storyline as Mary Poppins but with Jane and Michael Banks's children and did this film do well in theaters or did it recieve mixed reactions from people? I also learned that it was Angela Lansbury's final film too

It is a sequel, where Mary comes back to "look after the Banks children" - not necessarily Jane and Michael's kids. Anyway, the plot is similar but not exactly the same. Personally I thought it was well done and enjoyable - it definitely could have been a trainwreck!

P.L. Travers wrote a Mary Poppins series, so while there are some deviations, Mary Poppins Returns basically follows the storyline from the series. The main idea of Mary coming in to help heal the family is the same. She does "nanny" Michael's kids, but she's there for Jane and Michael again, too. I loved the books and the original movie so much when I was a kid. I was worried about MP Returns, but I absolutely loved it. The soundtrack is awesome, and Emily Blunt is perfect as Mary. We also loved Lin-Manuel Miranda in it, and there's a perfect Dick Van Dyke appearance, as well. 💕

I have the original P.L. Travers Mary Poppins book and didn't even know that Mary Poppins Returns was part of that series too. I loved Mary Poppins as a kid and I was wondering what Mary Poppins Returns would be like and to my surprise it was a wonderful movie from what I saw of it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter