The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread! ~ Post #1 is a must see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi-
Just found this thread...never saw the old one. This one looks great!:cool1:
Regularly read and occasionally post on the camping thread but will stay at POP in Jan. 2008 so I will be stopping here now. A couple ???'s

Just made resv. for 1/21-1/27/08 for the POP with our new AP discount.:yay: Could not beat the cost difference with the discount vs. camping this trip!:rolleyes1 LOVE to camp though!

Wondered... Can you take your own compact refrigerator? Also, is the refillable mug worth the cost? Staying at the Fort it is not worth getting. We were at FW 3 weeks ago and it was hot and crowded. Looking forward, if the trip works out:confused3, to cool weather & low crowds in January.

Thanks so much for all of the information!:flower3:

Amy

Wondered... Can you take your own compact refrigerator? Also, is the refillable mug worth the cost? Staying at the Fort it is not worth getting. We were at FW 3 weeks ago and it was hot and crowded. Looking forward, if the trip works out:confused3, to cool weather & low crowds in January.

Thanks so much for all of the information!:flower3:

Amy
Yes, you can bring in your own compact refrigerator. They don't have a problem with that.

For the refillable mug, it just depends. How much soda do you typically drink? If you are driving and can bring your own sodas/coffee, then it might not make sense. We always get a mug but I also drink a lot of Dt Coke - it's my source for caffeine. :thumbsup2

I had a thread before regarding fans in the rooms. My DD2 cannot sleep without a fan. I was told about the white noise machine/alarm clocks that are now in the rooms at Pop. Has anyone tried them out - how was it. We are planning on bringing a box fan with us, but would really love to avoid the hassle if the machine sounds promising. Also we did not make any room requests other than a preferred room. CM said we would be in the 60s builiding, Should we make any other requests - would like to avoid tons of outside noise.
Trip in January - cannot wait!!!!

Hey Britt7-

I'm the same way, I need a fan to sleep well. I was at POP last month, and thought I'd be ok with the 'white noise' function on the clock radio... Wrong. There were only two choices, and they both sounds very electronic. One was a 'babbling brook' noise with what sounded like a couple of electronic frogs, and the other was a 'seaside' noise that was pretty annoying also...

I'm taking my fan next time...

We are going to POP in January... just me and dh... no kids! WOOHOO!

Glad I found this thread!

When I made my ressie the CM told me 60's is preferred now, is that true? She said it used to be sections of 50's , 60's & 70's :confused3 . Also are the beds really hard? I need a softer type mattress or I will never be ab;e to sleep. Thanks in advance.:)

I'm staying at POP and I have a 7:30am ADR for breakfast at Kona/Poly.. is my only option for getting there a taxi? and if so, show do I go about getting one? ... how much will it cost me?

TIA.

I'm staying at POP and I have a 7:30am ADR for breakfast at Kona/Poly.. is my only option for getting there a taxi? and if so, show do I go about getting one? ... how much will it cost me?

We found the busses running early enough for us to make a 7:15 reservation at Chef Mickeys. I'm sure the same applies for the Poly.

Great new thread guys! I'm so happy not to have to wade through 300+ pages to get the basic info. (Or 999 people saying only "Subscribing!") I've got a few questions I haven't seen addressed in this thread yet.

-Does anyone know if they sell Soy Milk (Vanilla or Chocolate) at PoP? I'm trying to decide if I need to mail it or just buy it there.

-Do they have tea bags in the dining hall to use with my mug?

-I know I can mail packages to the resort, but how hard is it to mail packages from the resort? Can that be done on property? Or do you have to take it somewhere else?

Thanks!

When I made my ressie the CM told me 60's is preferred now, is that true? She said it used to be sections of 50's , 60's & 70's :confused3 . Also are the beds really hard? I need a softer type mattress or I will never be ab;e to sleep. Thanks in advance.:)

I find the beds at POP to be hit or miss. Twice they have been ok but the last time I was there the bed was rock hard and not very comfortable. But aside from packing a mattress pad I am not sure what to suggest to make it more comfortable. Perhaps someone else has a suggestion for both of us as I don't want to sleep on a rock again.

As for preferred buildings, unless they changed it again they should still be sections of 50's, 60's, and 70's. All the buildings are rather close to the main building though.

What should my request be if I want to be able to see the fire works at Epcot?

TIA,
Jessica

I have heard they will either switch your room if you don't like the mattress, or they have even brought a new mattress in at times.

I've only stayed at MODs but was wondering the distance from
the 80s and 90s section to the main buildings?
Is Pop as big as some of the MOD resorts? :confused3
Thanks

Great thread! Love that it's all in one place. Loved the previous thread also. Tyler was the "king of patience" in answering questions already asked. Thanks for putting it all together in one post.

All of the above have "preferred" rooms in them - you might not consider where they place you as preferred - we sure didn't. We were in the 60's far away from the elevator - 3rd floor - quite a distance compared to other preferred rooms, but we were too tired to go back to the desk & ask after we checked in. We didn't have a view of anything as we were on the backside of the building. I wrote Disney after our return & was told that the room we had was now considered Preferred even though it sure didn't seem like it. The beds were fine - after spending all day in a park you're so tired nothing bothers you.............:lmao: I did take a fan for some background noise & it worked great. Our only problem in September was noisy kids running up & down the halls after 10pm & rude neighbors slamming their doors constantly by flipping the lock out so that somebody didn't need a key. That went on for quite awhile. :rolleyes1

Great new thread guys! I'm so happy not to have to wade through 300+ pages to get the basic info. (Or 999 people saying only "Subscribing!") I've got a few questions I haven't seen addressed in this thread yet.

-Does anyone know if they sell Soy Milk (Vanilla or Chocolate) at PoP? I'm trying to decide if I need to mail it or just buy it there.

-I know I can mail packages to the resort, but how hard is it to mail packages from the resort? Can that be done on property? Or do you have to take it somewhere else?

Thanks!

Great to hear so many more people are happy with the new thread!

I can address one of the three questions you have. You absolutely can ship packages on-site from the resort. No need to take your package off-property to get it back home. :)

Thanks!

Hey KikiFan,

They do sell Silk soy milk in the food court in both chocolate and vanilla. I practically lived on the stuff for the whole week we were there in May! Just be sure to check the expiration date. One evening after a day in the parks, I grabbed one without looking and it exploded in my face after I opened it! :eek: Not a pretty sight, but it was funny! I think it fermented a bit too long! :rotfl2: But that only happened once in our past two trips to the Pop. And of course, my best friend now refers to me as Exploding Soy Milk Girl! :teeth:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter