The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread Chapter 4! ~ Posts #1, #2 & #3 are MUST sees!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question i'm hoping you can help me with!

There will be a 15yr old young lady who this whole trip will revolve around (bday present). Which building in Pop do you think would fit this age group best? We must remain standard due to cost. This is unfortunate as I know some of the preferred rooms may better meet this "need".

Thank you for any/all help you can provide!!

You can walk to Poly fromt the TCC though, or switch monoralis to get there. I think going to MK and then boating over might be the fastest. But I would allow an hour and 1/2 to get there in any case.

Also remember that the boat will stop at the Grand Floridian before going onto the Poly. The boat can be faster, but only if you see one coming while walking up to the dock. If not, then I would take the resort monorail since the monorails run more frequently than the boat.

ITA about allowing 90 minutes to get there from Pop. :thumbsup2

Also remember that the boat will stop at the Grand Floridian before going onto the Poly. The boat can be faster, but only if you see one coming while walking up to the dock. If not, then I would take the resort monorail since the monorails run more frequently than the boat.

ITA about allowing 90 minutes to get there from Pop. :thumbsup2

Wow, 90 minutes? I knew that we were gonna have to hustle once our plane landed...but I worry now that we may even miss our ADR. Our plan lands at 5:15 (approx) and the ADR is for 8:40. That would mean we have to get to POP by 7. Do you think that is likely?

Hi! I keep asking all over the DisBoards, but can't seem to get an answer...

-are the cribs (not pnp) I have heard others have reserved from the resorts real cribs or a smaller version of a real crib? If they are the small cribs I am going to rent a full size crib from Baby's Best Friend-it seemed pretty reasonable on the price, about $80 for the time we will be there.

Second question:
-has anyone ever asked Mousekeeping or the front desk at the resort to have the table and chairs removed from the room after arrival? If we could have the table and chairs removed that space would be perfect to put the crib.

My youngest is 5 so the last time I researched any of this was like 3 years ago and things may have changed.

Hopefully someone can give you some more definite answers but for what it's worth... I'm fairly sure pack and plays are the only crib available at pop. I think you can only get a regular crib at the deluxes (possibly moderates? I don't know, never stayed there with little ones). I also thought the regular cribs were more of the portable size, but I could be wrong there too.

We did rent a full sized crib one year when we rented a house and were very happy. My kids were always tall for their age so pack and plays really didn't cut it for them either, I can sympathize with you.

I don't know anything about have the table and chairs removed, can't help you there, sorry. I'm trying to picture a full size crib in a Pop room and it seems like it might be a pretty tight squeeze. Could be wrong though!

Wish I could be of more help, hopeful someone else can give you some more concrete answers. :)

There will be a 15yr old young lady who this whole trip will revolve around (bday present). Which building in Pop do you think would fit this age group best? We must remain standard due to cost. This is unfortunate as I know some of the preferred rooms may better meet this "need".

Hi ~ I can't really help with what a 15 yr old would like, but I do know that none of the bldgs are only preferred. Even in the preferred, some rooms and entire bldgs will be standard. I'd request whichever you think she might like...what was popular 15 yrs go? Would be the 90's, but she might prefer one of the other sections....look over the map and photos and just go what you think she'd enjoy.If she is into a Disney theme, i.e. Mickey etc then she might like the 60's or 70's - we like the 50's because we love Lady, Tramp and the 50's music playing around the Jukebox. :thumbsup2

Happy planning! :goodvibes

Wow, 90 minutes? I knew that we were gonna have to hustle once our plane landed...but I worry now that we may even miss our ADR. Our plan lands at 5:15 (approx) and the ADR is for 8:40. That would mean we have to get to POP by 7. Do you think that is likely?

Plane lands at 5:15
Off the plane by 5:30
Bathroom break - out by 5:45
Down to ME check in by 6:00
On to bus by 6:15 but don't leave until 6:30
30 minute drive to Pop hoping that there's no other stops....

It could be cutting it close. It all depends on where you sit on the plane and how fast you get off, whether the flight was early or on time, how long for bathroom break, .... Or you could make it without any trouble. Personally, I'd do this another night. I'd stay around the Pop resort, swim, eat at the food court, and go watch Illuminations from the 4th floor of the JukeBox building facing towards the lake. There's enough stress with flights, security, packing, etc. that i wouldn't want to add another stress item to the list on the first night.

It could be cutting it close. It all depends on where you sit on the plane and how fast you get off, whether the flight was early or on time, how long for bathroom break, .... Or you could make it without any trouble. Personally, I'd do this another night. I'd stay around the Pop resort, swim, eat at the food court, and go watch Illuminations from the 4th floor of the JukeBox building facing towards the lake. There's enough stress with flights, security, packing, etc. that i wouldn't want to add another stress item to the list on the first night.

Lori said it well... agree with very word. Her time frame was being generous without any delays and it was still right on...just a few minutes here or there..even your ME bus stopping at 3 resorts would add on time.
Lori's advice is good - enjoy the resort that evening, relax and be up and ready in the morning for the rest of your trip.:thumbsup2 :goodvibes

Just wanted to say that my DGD15, who has visited POP several times over the past few years, still doesn't really have a favorite room location. She says anywhere at POP is fun!

What seems to be most important to her at this age is to have a little freedom so I tend to prefer the 50s, 60s or 70s. That way she can go back & forth from the room to the bowling pin or hippy dippy pool, arcade, or Everything POP and be in the centrally-located areas.

Oh-she just mentioned that she actually prefers the 80s/90s computer pool, but she'd rather go to the hippy dippy because it seems like there are more kids her age there. :)

Hi! I keep asking all over the DisBoards, but can't seem to get an answer...

We have a very sweet DS2 who is autistic, he is really tall and I don't think a pnp will cut it for him. He really needs a space to chill out and be alone, especially after a long day in the parks!

First question:
-are the cribs (not pnp) I have heard others have reserved from the resorts real cribs or a smaller version of a real crib? If they are the small cribs I am going to rent a full size crib from Baby's Best Friend-it seemed pretty reasonable on the price, about $80 for the time we will be there.

Second question:
-has anyone ever asked Mousekeeping or the front desk at the resort to have the table and chairs removed from the room after arrival? If we could have the table and chairs removed that space would be perfect to put the crib.

If anyone could PLEASE help I would really appreciate it! DS2 would appreciate it too!

Rekenna - Don't know if you've gotten any answers yet, but was wondering if you've tried the special needs reservations people. The number is on the first page (407-939-7807) and they are very friendly and helpful. I'm hoping that if there are full size cribs anywhere on Disney property they can help you get one for your little guy and maybe even work with POP to move furniture, set it up, etc. Good luck!

BTW - Thanx to Kristineamb and Minnie&Nana for carrying on! :cheer2:

We're staying here for one night before checking into the Poly. I love Pop and so does my DD! She's the reason we added one extra night to our trip just so we can stay at Pop! :goodvibes
We're in a preferred room, my DD asked me to request a room in the 60's near the pool. We've only ever stayed in the standard rooms before, so I was wondering - is there a dedicated 60's parking lot like there is for the 80's and 90's buildings?

TIA!:hippie:

We're staying here for one night before checking into the Poly. I love Pop and so does my DD! She's the reason we added one extra night to our trip just so we can stay at Pop! :goodvibes
We're in a preferred room, my DD asked me to request a room in the 60's near the pool. We've only ever stayed in the standard rooms before, so I was wondering - is there a dedicated 60's parking lot like there is for the 80's and 90's buildings?

TIA!:hippie:
There is a dedicated parking lot, but it is further away, so you might want to go ahead and just park closest to your bldg. 60's parking is on the other side of the 50's bldgs - the former 50's parking. Most guests park wherever is closer.
Have fun!! :goodvibes

Rekenna - Don't know if you've gotten any answers yet, but was wondering if you've tried the special needs reservations people. The number is on the first page (407-939-7807) and they are very friendly and helpful. I'm hoping that if there are full size cribs anywhere on Disney property they can help you get one for your little guy and maybe even work with POP to move furniture, set it up, etc. Good luck!

Mousebit - how nice of you to post the number for her - I did send her a pm with more information, but have not heard back. Hopefully, it will work out for them.

Thanks for the cheer!:goodvibes No one can take Buckeye Gal's place, but we will do out best to keep everything current...may have to have a POP visit to see what's up! :thumbsup2

i have a question regarding a refrigerator. we are planning on staying at POP when we go in 2012 and would need one for my oldest son who can only drink lactose free milk. he does not drink the soy milk at all. would we have to pay a rental fee for it or could be listed as a medical need? paying a fee is not a problem just curious!:confused3

i have a question regarding a refrigerator. we are planning on staying at POP when we go in 2012 and would need one for my oldest son who can only drink lactose free milk. he does not drink the soy milk at all. would we have to pay a rental fee for it or could be listed as a medical need? paying a fee is not a problem just curious!:confused3

that would considered a medical refrigerator, and it's free. Just tell them you need a medical refrigerator. My daughter has Epilepsy, so we need a medical refrigerator for her medication (the meds can't go over 70 degrees, and since the air conditioning is on a censor, I can't take any chances of the room getting hot). I'm not sure how big the containers of lactose free milk are, but keep in mind that the medical refrigerators are not as big as a regular refrigerator. I asked how big the fridge was (because I figured we had it, maybe we could keep orange juice in there) and I was told it's not big enough to fit a 6 pack of soda.

just another thought - since you aren't going for 2 years, you could put yourself on a fridge swap.

I think this is good advice. We land at 12 noon and are just going to DTD for a late lunch. But we are on the QSDP and plan to eat at T-rex arrival day. I let everyone pick a ts meal they wanted and this is dd's. I figure by the time we get there will probably be around 4 or 5 but if it is to busy we will just save it for later in the week. And just get WPE and then just check out a few gift shops and head back to pop.

Thanks! I will try that!

Mousebit - how nice of you to post the number for her - I did send her a pm with more information, but have not heard back. Hopefully, it will work out for them.

Thanks for the cheer!:goodvibes No one can take Buckeye Gal's place, but we will do out best to keep everything current...may have to have a POP visit to see what's up! :thumbsup2

Hi, I just checked and I didn't get your PM, maybe there is something wrong with my account?

Thanks to all of you for your help! I will try the special needs line to see what they have to say about the crib and moving the table and chairs.

DS2 thanks you as well-although he can't say "Thanks!" just yet!:)

Hi, I just checked and I didn't get your PM, maybe there is something wrong with my account?

Thanks to all of you for your help! I will try the special needs line to see what they have to say about the crib and moving the table and chairs.

DS2 thanks you as well-although he can't say "Thanks!" just yet!:)

Duh, got your PM, it went to my email account, I guess I was expecting to see it in my PM box. Thanks again for the help!

I think this is good advice. We land at 12 noon and are just going to DTD for a late lunch. But we are on the QSDP and plan to eat at T-rex arrival day. I let everyone pick a ts meal they wanted and this is dd's. I figure by the time we get there will probably be around 4 or 5 but if it is to busy we will just save it for later in the week. And just get WPE and then just check out a few gift shops and head back to pop.

What if we were to use a taxi. Would that cut down the time and make it more doable?

What if we were to use a taxi. Would that cut down the time and make it more doable?

Absolutely! There are normally cabs hanging around the resorts (if not the concierge desk should be able to call one for you). But it cost us $20 to get from Pop to the GF a couple of years ago, so be forewarned that it's not a cheap ride! :rotfl: (I am guessing it would be about the same for the Poly since they are right next to each other).

That being said, I still would make it for another night. YMMV, but we NEVER seem to get to get to MCO on time when we take the later in the day flights. (But this is more of a Southwest Air/Chicago thing since Midway is a Hub for them). We are landing at 5:15 pm (ASSUMING we are on time ;)) and hope to get to MK that night but are just doing CS to make sure we don't miss an ADR.

This is a transportation question, but since it is specific to Pop...thought I would post it here.

To go to the Polynesian for an ADR would it be best to take the bus to MK and then monorail to the Poly or take a bus to Epcot and then monorail over?

Also, for a breakfast ADR in the park prior to opening do I need to do something special at Pop to catch a bus?

TIA! :goodvibes

You didn't mention which resturant your ADR was at? But either way heres another option. If you don't want to change your ressie or can't, keep it. (personally I have never needed 90min to get to an ADR, even from allstars to the Poly) I think you would have enough time to get there. Even giving yourself 1.5hr to get to pop at 730 then 30 bus to MK and boat over, I can't imagine you not making 840. Also, since its at the Poly, when you get to Pop consider this, if there's a huge line for MK and the Epcot bus comes first, take the Epcot bus, hop on the monorail at Epcot (you dont need to go through the park or use a ticket, you have direct access to the monorail) and take the Mono to the TTC then walk to the poly (its about 2 mins walk, slow pace). That can save alot of time, especially if MK is busy that night.

If for some reason you do find your flight delayed and getting to pop after 730, check-in and go to the dining reservations line and tell them your running late for your adr as your plane got delayed, usually they can work their magic and move your adr back a few minutes or call the resturante and let them know you will be a tad late. (Dh and I had to do this when a morning bus for AK never showed up and we were late for our ADR at Boma):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter