The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread Chapter 4! ~ Posts #1, #2 & #3 are MUST sees!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear DISers,

This board, and especially this thread (and the three previous chapters, is amazing! :worship:

I'm going to Pop next Sunday for five days and have a few questions that I hope you can help me with. :confused3

I have an ADR at 8:05 at CP. What time should I get the bus at Pop at?

About how long is the bus ride from the airport to the Pop?

What one thing would you suggest for a Pop newbie (or for a WDW newbie)? :)

Dear DISers,

This board, and especially this thread (and the three previous chapters, is amazing! :worship:

I'm going to Pop next Sunday for five days and have a few questions that I hope you can help me with. :confused3

I have an ADR at 8:05 at CP. What time should I get the bus at Pop at?

About how long is the bus ride from the airport to the Pop?

What one thing would you suggest for a Pop newbie (or for a WDW newbie)? :)

Welcome!

Airport to Pop without any stops is 30 minutes. I've heard that sometimes the bus stops at other resorts but it's never been my case. Maybe it depends on time of day and how busy they are. My plane usually comes in at around noon and the bus only goes to Pop. You may have to wait 20 minutes for the bus to take off as it waits to fill up.

To be on the safe side, I would be at the Pop MK bus stop at 7 pm. I think that would give you plenty of time but it wouldn't hurt to be there at 6:30 so you can grab a fast pass before dinner.

Oops, just went back and reread. You might be talking breakfast. If we're talking breakfast then I would be at the Pop MK bus stop at a little before 7 like 6:50. If you don't want have to get up that early, you can grab a cab (right near the buses) Somebody will probably chime in on this.

The must do's at Pop. Eat tie-dye cheesecake even if you all share a piece. make sure to get pic's. Explore and take pic's of the resort in the morning at at night. Cool, Cool photo op's. makes wonderful scrapbook pages. If you can, try to get in on the "twist" in the morning or "hustle" at night. They give quick lesson about 5 minutes before and then get out there with the cast members. One last thing, I like to be back to room early the night before I leave so I can pack, etc. I watch Illuminations and sometime Wishes in the distance from the 4th floor, lake view of the juke box building.

Have a marvelous time!!

To go to the Polynesian for an ADR would it be best to take the bus to MK and then monorail to the Poly or take a bus to Epcot and then monorail over?

Take the bus to MK then monorail or boat to Poly. If you took the bus to Epcot you can't take a monorail directly to MK. You would take it to TTC then transfer to another Monorail to Poly. Going to MK first would be faster.

Just got my DME tags today. I saw them and was like a kid at Christmas. Now I know it is getting closer. We are also booking tommorow for the free dining for the same dates again next year.

Welcome!

Airport to Pop without any stops is 30 minutes. I've heard that sometimes the bus stops at other resorts but it's never been my case. Maybe it depends on time of day and how busy they are. My plane usually comes in at around noon and the bus only goes to Pop. You may have to wait 20 minutes for the bus to take off as it waits to fill up.

To be on the safe side, I would be at the Pop MK bus stop at 7 pm. I think that would give you plenty of time but it wouldn't hurt to be there at 6:30 so you can grab a fast pass before dinner.

Oops, just went back and reread. You might be talking breakfast. If we're talking breakfast then I would be at the Pop MK bus stop at a little before 7 like 6:50. If you don't want have to get up that early, you can grab a cab (right near the buses) Somebody will probably chime in on this.

The must do's at Pop. Eat tie-dye cheesecake even if you all share a piece. make sure to get pic's. Explore and take pic's of the resort in the morning at at night. Cool, Cool photo op's. makes wonderful scrapbook pages. If you can, try to get in on the "twist" in the morning or "hustle" at night. They give quick lesson about 5 minutes before and then get out there with the cast members. One last thing, I like to be back to room early the night before I leave so I can pack, etc. I watch Illuminations and sometime Wishes in the distance from the 4th floor, lake view of the juke box building.

Have a marvelous time!!

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. Tie-dye cheesecake, eh? Sounds interesting. :)

ME stopped at other resorts quickly and it took us around 45 minutes to get there last year. The prior 2 times it was quick straight to POP. However, a crazy driver on the way in last year almost crashed into us along the way and we swerved pretty good!:scared1: Once we got to Pop though it was great! We went to online checkin, picked up our stuff and went to the room. We changed into our bathing suits and hit the pools until our luggage showed up about 1.5 hours later. After having benn up since 4am , it was nice to sit around and relax until all the others we were waiting for came in.:woohoo:

AND WE ARE BOOKED!:cool1: Aug 20-25 2011 at POP!

After a little trouble, used my hubby's disney acct and somehow his Dad's name got changed to his so my DH was booked in 2 rooms and DFIL was staying home :rotfl2: called Disney and got it straightened out. The guy was very nice, but the person who needed to make the actual changed seemed lazy, made the poor guy keeping comming back and telling me how hard it was and not sure if they could change the name on the ressie with out having an issue.. They wanted to change my seperate ressie to be with DFIL and leave DH on the other ressie with DMIL. I explained that could be an issue with room cards/names on cards opening the other doors/getting locked out and was worried the CM at check-in would understand the issue or not know how to fix it. So the CM made the back person change the ressie! :worship:

So it worked out! So excited and happy to be staying at POP!

Love the picture of POP with the lake and the rainbow.

Thank you so much Kimberly for all your help and support ...and for trusting us with your wonderful FAQs thread! You know we will do our best...might take a little time to get the hang of keeping up, so we hope everyone will be patient.

We look forward to this new adventure and hope our POP friends will pm either of us with news or updates we may have missed, so we can be sure to get the info added.

And the fun continues! :cool1:
Christine (Minnie&Nana) and Kris (kristineamb)

We had a cooler from Garden Grocer and had no one to give it to when we left and did not want to pitch it out. DH took the cooler put a note on it which said free cooler left it by the elevator and in ten minutes it was gone!!! If anyone has a cooler they want to give away to someone else this works well and passes it to another Pop Guest without any trouble at all :thumbsup2

That's a great idea!! Thanks.:)

WOW, the days are clicking off the calendar quick now.:cool1::cool1::cool1:
We are 21 days from the magic. We started this trip with a bounce back last September.

[

We are just 1 month away from our 1st trip to Disney and our first real family vacation! Soooooo Excited

Is it normal that I already can't sleep and we're not leaving for 3 more days?!?!?! :rotfl2: I'm SO excited!!!! :cool1: :woohoo:
Not at all. I still have 6 months and I'm so excited some days I can't sleep! Have a great trip!
We are just 1 month away from our 1st trip to Disney and our first real family vacation! Soooooo Excited

Have a great trip! Take lots of pics for us!

I was thinking of paying the extra to stay in the 60's. However I was looking at the map seeing the 70's doesn't have a pool do most people go to the 60's pool? We have stayed at Pop 3x's (50's x2 and 80's). But I was thinking w/ two 2 year olds and 2 infants it might be nice to be near the kiddie pool. Plus we will have 2 10 year olds. Would it be worth it? is the pool more crowded than the others? We have never actually gone over to it! TIA

Hi! I keep asking all over the DisBoards, but can't seem to get an answer...

We have a very sweet DS2 who is autistic, he is really tall and I don't think a pnp will cut it for him. He really needs a space to chill out and be alone, especially after a long day in the parks!

First question:
-are the cribs (not pnp) I have heard others have reserved from the resorts real cribs or a smaller version of a real crib? If they are the small cribs I am going to rent a full size crib from Baby's Best Friend-it seemed pretty reasonable on the price, about $80 for the time we will be there.

Second question:
-has anyone ever asked Mousekeeping or the front desk at the resort to have the table and chairs removed from the room after arrival? If we could have the table and chairs removed that space would be perfect to put the crib.

If anyone could PLEASE help I would really appreciate it! DS2 would appreciate it too!

BTW-thanks for the renewed thread, it's spectacular!

Edit - Sorry, I should of said...I'm asking this on the POP thread, b/c we are staying at POP and I wanted to know people's experience with this at POP-and I'm hoping someone on the POP thread will take pity on me and answer my question.;) Thanks again.

Rekenna - wish I could answer your question, but hoping someone else will have had a crib at POP and will know the answer to the crib size. I know at a deluxe it is a full size, metal crib.

As for having the table and chairs removed - I would call a housekeeping supervisor or manager when you get to the room and ask for the table and chairs to be removed. I'm also going to send you a pm with another possibility.:thumbsup2

Take the bus to MK then monorail or boat to Poly. If you took the bus to Epcot you can't take a monorail directly to MK. You would take it to TTC then transfer to another Monorail to Poly. Going to MK first would be faster.

You can walk to Poly fromt the TCC though, or switch monoralis to get there. I think going to MK and then boating over might be the fastest. But I would allow an hour and 1/2 to get there in any case.

First question:
-are the cribs (not pnp) I have heard others have reserved from the resorts real cribs or a smaller version of a real crib? If they are the small cribs I am going to rent a full size crib from Baby's Best Friend-it seemed pretty reasonable on the price, about $80 for the time we will be there.

When I talked to a CM over the phone she told me all POP had was pnp. You might want to call and see the answer they give you since their answers seem to sometimes change so much...but that is what I was told.

I'm so excited I just had to share! We are officially planning a short, 5 day trip to WDW and will be staying at the Pop! All are first timers to WDW except me. I must admit, the Pop is one of my "happy places" in this life, so I am thrilled to be going back.

The family I am going with are former parishioners of mine. I just left the call a couple weeks ago and miss them already. We are going to be taking this trip to celebrate their daughter, my only youth from that congregation. I promised to have her visit me in Seattle (they are in Pennsylvania) at least once a year. I figured what better way to have our first "get together" then meet up at Disney! I planned to only take the 16 yr old but the rest of the family wanted to join, so it makes this extra special. She will be turning 16 so this will be a bday to remember. I figure this gives me the "coolest pastor ever" title, don't you think?! ;)

So, woo hoo for Pop! Can't WAIT to get back!!!!!!:woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter