The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread Chapter 4! ~ Posts #1, #2 & #3 are MUST sees!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kris and Christine, This is the big reveal? Congrats it looks great.

As for noodles, last June they were still selling them at the Pop gift shop and they were around $5 if that helps.

Another thing my son has always loved is the balzac pool ball he got on our first trip years ago in the park. It bounces on the water and is the neatest thing. They are sold in all the parks and DTD for $15 for the smallest one. It a thick disney material sewn in the pattern of a ball with a small slit on the bottom that holds a balloon they sell in the park or any 11 inch balloon from the store. It lasts forever even with all the chlorine in the pools and packs flat because you just pop the balloon and fold it up to travel.

HTH

Arriving at POP 8/21 :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: (1st time at POP). I have ordered two coolers from Garden Grocer to use during our trip. We will be checking out on 8/31 in the morning as our flight leaves around 11:00 and we're using ME, if anyone wants the coolers, please let me know. I don't want to just throw them out.

Can't wait for Saturday, only two more sleeps. Honestly, it's more like one sleep because we have to leave for the airport at 4am for a 6am flight. :dance3:

Arriving at POP 8/21 :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: (1st time at POP). I have ordered two coolers from Garden Grocer to use during our trip. We will be checking out on 8/31 in the morning as our flight leaves around 11:00 and we're using ME, if anyone wants the coolers, please let me know. I don't want to just throw them out.

Can't wait for Saturday, only two more sleeps. Honestly, it's more like one sleep because we have to leave for the airport at 4am for a 6am flight. :dance3:

If they can hold them until I arrive on 9/2, I'll take them!

I'm placing a order threw them also. Are these just the styrofoam coolers. That is What I was going to order. We are renting a fridge but the price is getting up there for a rental for 10 days. So I thought this would work.

I'm placing a order threw them also. Are these just the styrofoam coolers. That is What I was going to order. We are renting a fridge but the price is getting up there for a rental for 10 days. So I thought this would work.

They are the styrofoam coolers that hold a gallon of milk. I'm getting one for water and one for pop (soda, if you will)

I just wanted to add my thanks to the great organizers of this thread. A friend is staying at ..ahem.. "another" Disney resort and I immediately went to page one of its thread, thinking the information would be similar to what is maintained here. Wow - was I surprised. This one had lots more information and is much better organized. You guys rock!!!:cool1:

Thank you so much Kimberly for all your help and support ...and for trusting us with your wonderful FAQs thread! You know we will do our best...might take a little time to get the hang of keeping up, so we hope everyone will be patient....

You're so very welcome! :flower3: No doubt there are many great knowledgeable people here I had to choose from to ask to take over the reins. I thank you both for taking on the challenge! I'm confident that you and Kris will get in a groove and provide great service to the thread and the DISers who read it!

Thank you Kimberly, Kris and Christine! (Love the first picture!)
I just wanted to post quickly and thank all the ladies for all their hard work in starting and maintaining the FAQ! :goodvibes

It's been a joy to establish and maintain it for all, and I'm sure I'll miss doing it before I know it!

I just wanted to add my thanks to the great organizers of this thread. A friend is staying at ..ahem.. "another" Disney resort and I immediately went to page one of its thread, thinking the information would be similar to what is maintained here. Wow - was I surprised. This one had lots more information and is much better organized. You guys rock!!!:cool1:

It's such a shame, isn't it? Some of them are decent, but if I say so myself, I think our is much more comprehensive and easy to reference! I hope your friend still has an amazing stay at the World!

Okay...back to our regularly scheduled topic, POP CENTURY!

Thanks for keeping this going...we are looking forward to our 3rd trip to the POP in april and always happy to hear about other peoples trip, questions and updates!

Thank you so much to all of the past and present organizers of this thread. I first joined this thread last year (April 09) when planning our first trip to Pop in June 09. We're heading back next month for our 2nd stay at Pop and this thread is one of the reasons why. Everything is so nice and organized! Thanks again!

We had a cooler from Garden Grocer and had no one to give it to when we left and did not want to pitch it out. DH took the cooler put a note on it which said free cooler left it by the elevator and in ten minutes it was gone!!! If anyone has a cooler they want to give away to someone else this works well and passes it to another Pop Guest without any trouble at all :thumbsup2

:cool1: I am about to book POP for next AUG! But I have a quick question. I always book on the phone (with my DV) to get the deal, this time I can book online 4 Rooms!:cool1: Now both DH and I have Disney Accts, does it make ANY difference whos account I use to book? I think we normally view our ressie on DH's in the past. But I dont want to loose out on any new promo's by using a different acct! Thanks guys! Ill post back when its official!

AND THANK YOU FOR THE AWESOME Thread!:banana: I can't find one to top this one! it takes alot of hard work to do what you all do in creating this and keeping it up-to-date! I appreciate it! Especially planning a family trip for 9!

Sweet!

Well, after some sweet talking and then some waiting, my husband and I are booked for two nights, pre-Disney Dream cruise, at Pop Century!

This is our first time at a value resort and I've ALWAYS wanted to stay at Pop Century. I'm pretty excited to see what it's like and what it's about! Everyone here seems to adore it.

OKAY that being said, we'll have about a day and a half before our cruise. My DH is NOT a Disney nut (and we'll be back in July with my family), so he's requested that we NOT go into the parks. What would you do, either at Pop or somewhere on property?!

Sweet!

Well, after some sweet talking and then some waiting, my husband and I are booked for two nights, pre-Disney Dream cruise, at Pop Century!

This is our first time at a value resort and I've ALWAYS wanted to stay at Pop Century. I'm pretty excited to see what it's like and what it's about! Everyone here seems to adore it.

OKAY that being said, we'll have about a day and a half before our cruise. My DH is NOT a Disney nut (and we'll be back in July with my family), so he's requested that we NOT go into the parks. What would you do, either at Pop or somewhere on property?!

How about a nice meal in DTD? (and, of course, shopping!) Hot Air Balloon ride on the West Side? Head to the Boardwalk area and sample the restaurants/beverages? Mini golf at Fantasia Gardens (near the Swan/Dolphin) or Winter Summerland (in the same parking lot as Blizzard Beach).

And, of course, if its warm enough, a nice relaxing day by the pool at Pop...

This is a transportation question, but since it is specific to Pop...thought I would post it here.

To go to the Polynesian for an ADR would it be best to take the bus to MK and then monorail to the Poly or take a bus to Epcot and then monorail over?

Also, for a breakfast ADR in the park prior to opening do I need to do something special at Pop to catch a bus?

TIA! :goodvibes

This is a transportation question, but since it is specific to Pop...thought I would post it here.

To go to the Polynesian for an ADR would it be best to take the bus to MK and then monorail to the Poly or take a bus to Epcot and then monorail over?
Either would work. Get on whichever bus is there first! :goodvibes

Also, for a breakfast ADR in the park prior to opening do I need to do something special at Pop to catch a bus?

We've NEVER had a problem catching a bus @POP for early am ADRs:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter