The Everything Pooh Sized Thread

Just reading through this thread has helped me a great deal. I am 5'2" and 296, I wear my weight in my belly, no butt no hips all pooh! I was scared to even suggest going on rides when I was in Disney in 2009, I think I went on Pirates and that is it. We were only in the MK for one day. This year I am going with 13 people and very excited about being able to get on other things. We are going for a week 2-7 of October 2011.

I wonder if anyone else has a problem with sweating on their back and what you do? I haven't ever really had this until recently. upper back of my legs and lower back seem to be the hardest area for me and I am really scared to wear my light jean shorts because they show the stains. I have no issue under arms or under the girls but otherwise it's a nightmare. ack!:scared1:

From a lot of suggestions, I bought some BodyGlide, mostly for under the girls and thigh chafing. I went to one of the outlet malls and City Walk this weekend. I walked a lot and was really pleased with the results, although I was kind of wierded out by how it goes on. It seemed to crumble when I tried to apply it. Is there a trick to it? I might try the Monistat anti-chafing cream I saw at Walmart, as I have seen suggestions for that as well.

I wonder if anyone else has a problem with sweating on their back and what you do? I haven't ever really had this until recently. upper back of my legs and lower back seem to be the hardest area for me and I am really scared to wear my light jean shorts because they show the stains. I have no issue under arms or under the girls but otherwise it's a nightmare. ack!:scared1:

Well, first off, DONT WEAR JEANS OF ANY KIND (long or short) when it's hot. And it WILL be hot while you're there. Wear lightweight clothing, including shorts or capris. If you are worried about moisture showing through, wear darker colors from the waist down (always more practical because they don't show stains of any kind as easily).

If you perspire heavily in certain areas, then an antiperspirant would be the answer. I have to sit in a wheelchair all day, so am no stranger to perspiration dampness on my seat and backs of thighs. I use a spray antiperspirant (it's easier for me) I also have a beach towel on the seat of my chair, but that would be of no help to you. For the ,ahem, more delicate areas, I just use a pantyliner.

From a lot of suggestions, I bought some BodyGlide, mostly for under the girls and thigh chafing. I went to one of the outlet malls and City Walk this weekend. I walked a lot and was really pleased with the results, although I was kind of wierded out by how it goes on. It seemed to crumble when I tried to apply it. Is there a trick to it? I might try the Monistat anti-chafing cream I saw at Walmart, as I have seen suggestions for that as well.

By what products did you see the Monistat Anti-chafing cream? I found a tube of it on an endcap when it was brand new, but haven't been able to find it since. I've checked Walmart, Meijer, and Walgreens. Perhaps I'm looking by the wrong things??? Thanks in advance!

Just wanted to share the I have started wearing Old Navy's yoga capris or wide legged cropped yoga pants as I think they call them for Disney and I :lovestruc them.

They are super comfy, lightweight, dry fast after water rides, and just easy. No ironing after being packed up in the suitcase. :thumbsup2

I didn't listen to the comments for them and ordered my regular old navy size and had to exchange them for a size down. I have since bought 6 pairs total. They are about $20 and I waited for their 30% off sale to get them.

Loooove them! I use them for errands, work outs, around the house, etc. but perfect for Disney!

Just wanted to throw this recommendation out there in case someone was looking for some good bottoms to wear because these checked all my boxes in what I wanted.

Does Old Navy have Plus sizes or are you a non-pooh sized poster?

Old Navy does carry plus sizes, but only online. If it doesn't fit, you have to return it and get another size, which happens often, since their sizing is insane.

I had no idea they even had plus sizes. Chubby ladies clothes can't be in their store I guess?? Nice....! What is up with their sizing? I'm getting desperate. I NEED some lightweight type capri's. I only own jean capris and no way I am wearing jean material in Florida. Going end of September!

I'm a 26/28 in most other brands, but with Old Navy, I'm a 22 or 24 and 2X. I bought a pair of khakis for my old job and they were incredibly big, more like a 32 than a 28. Definitely read the reviews for the products you're interested in, and keep in mind that you might need to send it back and get another size. Aside from the sizing issue, I have no problem with their clothes :)

I had no idea they even had plus sizes. Chubby ladies clothes can't be in their store I guess?? Nice....! What is up with their sizing? I'm getting desperate. I NEED some lightweight type capri's. I only own jean capris and no way I am wearing jean material in Florida. Going end of September!

My family is coming down the last week of September! :goodvibes

Old Navy used to carry plus size in select stores, but now it is online only. The upside is you get free returns through the mail if something doesn't fit because you cannot return in stores.

Their sizing and quality is not the most consistent of products, but I find them no worse than places like Lane Bryant or the Avenue.

I'd say about 85% of my clothes are from there. :thumbsup2

Great!! Sounds like if I read the reviews I'll be ok! Thanks ladies!! I wear a 20 or 22 at Cato and Avenue. Wonder what size I should try for Old Navy?

By what products did you see the Monistat Anti-chafing cream? I found a tube of it on an endcap when it was brand new, but haven't been able to find it since. I've checked Walmart, Meijer, and Walgreens. Perhaps I'm looking by the wrong things??? Thanks in advance!

I found it at Walmart in the "reproductive needs" area: yeast infection creams, uti stuff, ovulation kits, pregnancy tests. It was about 6 bucks for a little tube.

I also like the spray antipers./deodorant trick. That works well under the girls. Sauve is the cheapest I have found in my area.

I found some comfy stuff from the Just My Size line at walmart. I got some bermuda shorts and capris. I am live in Florida so I wear them throughout the year. I also found some really cute dresses on the JMS website too. I am wearing a teal kimono style one for my Tokyo Dining adr. I have wanted to try the Old Navy line too, but I really do not like buying stuff without trying it on 1st.

I found it at Walmart in the "reproductive needs" area: yeast infection creams, uti stuff, ovulation kits, pregnancy tests. It was about 6 bucks for a little tube.

I also like the spray antipers./deodorant trick. That works well under the girls. Sauve is the cheapest I have found in my area.

Thank you!! I'll check the next time I'm near a Wal-Mart. The closest one is about an hour and twenty minutes away. I hate living in a super small town.

So I finally found sneakers (tennis shoes, if you prefer) that are comfortable and supportive! Why does it have to be so hard?! Loving my new Easy Spirits.
Now to finding the same in bras.... The girls are jealous of the feets! :rotfl:

Calling all Teva Mush fans...

On the advice of folks on this thread, I bought a pair of Teva Mush flip flips. After about 30 minutes of wear, they started squeaking on me. Is this normal? I've never had shoes squeak before (and found it a tad insulting, I mean come on, shoes, I'm Pooh sized, but it can't be THAT painful for me to walk around on top of you! ;)). I'm planning to try and return them to Academy, but I wanted to see if anyone else had ever had this happen to them, and if its worth me trying a different pair or just stick with my Skechers.

Calling all Teva Mush fans...

On the advice of folks on this thread, I bought a pair of Teva Mush flip flips. After about 30 minutes of wear, they started squeaking on me. Is this normal? I've never had shoes squeak before (and found it a tad insulting, I mean come on, shoes, I'm Pooh sized, but it can't be THAT painful for me to walk around on top of you! ;)). I'm planning to try and return them to Academy, but I wanted to see if anyone else had ever had this happen to them, and if its worth me trying a different pair or just stick with my Skechers.

Now that you mention it they did squeak for a while ... I can't remember how long it lasted tho. If you can stick with them ... wear them around the house for a while and the squeak will go away. They really are comfortable flip flops. I also love Reef flip flops as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter