The Everything Pooh Sized Thread

Now that you mention it they did squeak for a while ... I can't remember how long it lasted tho. If you can stick with them ... wear them around the house for a while and the squeak will go away. They really are comfortable flip flops. I also love Reef flip flops as well.

Thanks! I did find them comfy, i just couldn't get over the squeaking!

Calling all Teva Mush fans...

On the advice of folks on this thread, I bought a pair of Teva Mush flip flips. After about 30 minutes of wear, they started squeaking on me. Is this normal? I've never had shoes squeak before (and found it a tad insulting, I mean come on, shoes, I'm Pooh sized, but it can't be THAT painful for me to walk around on top of you! ;)). I'm planning to try and return them to Academy, but I wanted to see if anyone else had ever had this happen to them, and if its worth me trying a different pair or just stick with my Skechers.

Mine do not squeak, but my Teva Mush are far from my favorite because I don't think they are long lasting. The "mush" bottoms quickly stay mushed over time and don't continure their comfort.

I like Reef as well but my favorites are the basic Rocket Dog flip flops. Sometimes they are listed as K9 by Rocket Dog, but the bottoms are thicker (not too thick) and don't get worn down as easily so they maintain that cushion support much much longer than the mush in my opinion. :goodvibes (they are available in brown and black and sometimes pattern)

Hopefully they stop squeaking, but I don't recommend wearing them TOO much before vacation because of the worn down mush effect. :thumbsup2

OMG! You just made my day!!!!!!! We were last there in December and I was already dreading them for our upcoming trip!!!:worship::cool1:

You made my day as well! I LOATHE the turnstiles at the Haunted Mansion! I am pooh sized..only 5'1" and about 320...most of my weight is belly, the girls, hips and butt..hmm...I guess I'm like an apple shape...lol...I got stuck in the turnstile at the HM before and it was mortifying (pun not intended)...I'm not tall enough to be able to get the stupid thing to turn easily and there were people behind me...OMG, it was so horrible...gave myself a huge belly bruise forcing my body to turn that thing! I did it though...the HM is one of my favorite rides and I read on here to go through the handicapped entrance...so I did that the last time when we went in late November last year. I was sad though because you missed the stretching room when you go in that way! I'm so hoping that the original poster was correct in that they have removed the turnstile!!!!!!

I am pooh sized myself and I am counting down until I go to the world again on October 13th. I have several( like 10) disney store t shirts that are a womens XXL. Of course I now know that is more like a 16 not a 20. :confused3 So they do not fit this pooh size girl. I am hoping a fellow dis member could use them. I will gladly ship them to you free of charge. Just message me. I am moving and I do not have room for them, and I hate to give them to goodwill and have someone who does not appreciate my love for the mouse. BTW they are some Mickey, Tinkerbell, and I think a Kermit.
Just trying to spread some pixie dust. :wizard::cool1:

I am pooh sized myself and I am counting down until I go to the world again on October 13th. I have several( like 10) disney store t shirts that are a womens XXL. Of course I now know that is more like a 16 not a 20. :confused3 So they do not fit this pooh size girl. I am hoping a fellow dis member could use them. I will gladly ship them to you free of charge. Just message me. I am moving and I do not have room for them, and I hate to give them to goodwill and have someone who does not appreciate my love for the mouse. BTW they are some Mickey, Tinkerbell, and I think a Kermit.

:wizard:Wow, that's so generous of you! I hope someone here can use them. Enjoy your trip!

I cannot use them, but wanted to say how nice of you! :dance3: DISers are so awesome. :grouphug:

Wow - this is awesome!! I would LOVE to have them!! :love:

Sent you a pm!!

Shirts are now spoken for. Had 3 responses, so I will send a couple of each of the three. Glad someone can use them. :cool1:

Does anyone know if the turnstiles at Small World have been fixed? They were soooooo tiny when I went in December 2009. Me, my hubby, and my mom are all pooh sized and I was the first to go through. I got semi-stuck and embarrassed and looked back at them and the same thing happened to both of them. It was funny and we couldn't stop laughing at ourselves for a long time (mostly the shocked looks on our faces because no other turnstile was this bad), but when I think about it now, I think of how wrong it is of Disney to keep them so small and size-unfriendly.

I am a total pear shape, so my bum is 2+ sizes larger than my top. Baby got too much back. :sad2:

Does anyone know if the turnstiles at Small World have been fixed? They were soooooo tiny when I went in December 2009. Me, my hubby, and my mom are all pooh sized and I was the first to go through. I got semi-stuck and embarrassed and looked back at them and the same thing happened to both of them. It was funny and we couldn't stop laughing at ourselves for a long time (mostly the shocked looks on our faces because no other turnstile was this bad), but when I think about it now, I think of how wrong it is of Disney to keep them so small and size-unfriendly.

I am a total pear shape, so my bum is 2+ sizes larger than my top. Baby got too much back. :sad2:

BUT.... After all, It's a SMALL world!!!

Sorry just couldn't help myself :rolleyes1

Mine do not squeak, but my Teva Mush are far from my favorite because I don't think they are long lasting. The "mush" bottoms quickly stay mushed over time and don't continure their comfort.

I like Reef as well but my favorites are the basic Rocket Dog flip flops. Sometimes they are listed as K9 by Rocket Dog, but the bottoms are thicker (not too thick) and don't get worn down as easily so they maintain that cushion support much much longer than the mush in my opinion. :goodvibes (they are available in brown and black and sometimes pattern)

Hopefully they stop squeaking, but I don't recommend wearing them TOO much before vacation because of the worn down mush effect. :thumbsup2
Although my teva mush flip flops are comfy and I have had them for a few years, they have always, and still do squeak. Therefore, I wear them but not when I'm walking with my husband. Sanuk yoga mats are very comfy but don't buy them if you need arch support.

So... a quick vent for my own stupidity.

I leave for the World in 9 days and last week I was going crazy trying to figure out what kind of bag I want to carry around. I poked around the boards and decided on a Vera Bradley travel waist bag. I must have lost my mind for a second because it didn't dawn on me that the sucker is a BELT.

It came on Friday and it ***Just*** fits. I'm a little extra bloated this week (ahem) but I'm hoping I can actually use this glorified fanny pack next week.

So mad at myself...

I have a pair of knee length shorts I love. They are almost like a skort. I get them from The Vermont Country store and they are called walking shorts. I have worn them in denim for years. I absolutely love them!! :hippie:

Hello, fellow Pooh-sized Disers!! I'm bigger now than I've been on any trip so far. I wear a size 24/26 pants. I've read on a few sites that I should be able to fit on everything, but then I read on one of the first pages of this thread that a lady my size got turned away from several rides! Please tell me who has been turned away from what rides if you have!! I'd rather aviod this if at all possible!!! Or please tell me if you're my size and didn't have any trouble! Help will be much appreciated!!!

Or please tell me if you're my size and didn't have any trouble! Help will be much appreciated!!!

This. I'm your size and didn't have any trouble - well, except for a couple of years ago at the design your own coaster thing at Disney Quest. I think there is a similar thing at Epcot, but I've ridden everything else that I can think of and haven't been turned away or not fit. Sometimes it is a tight fit, usually on rides where two people are belted together, but even then, I fit. I've been this size (5'11", size 24/26) for the last few trips.

Don't worry, have fun!

I'm a size 24 and I rode everything I wanted to with no problems in April. I was a little nervous on Space Mountain because I had to ride alone (noone in my family would go with me) but it wasn't so bad. I was scared of getting out but it wasn't so bad.

I think you should go and have the time of your life. I know I did.

Allison

I'm a size 24 and I rode everything I wanted to with no problems in April. I was a little nervous on Space Mountain because I had to ride alone (noone in my family would go with me) but it wasn't so bad. I was scared of getting out but it wasn't so bad.

I think you should go and have the time of your life. I know I did.

Allison

Hello, fellow Pooh-sized Disers!! I'm bigger now than I've been on any trip so far. I wear a size 24/26 pants. I've read on a few sites that I should be able to fit on everything, but then I read on one of the first pages of this thread that a lady my size got turned away from several rides! Please tell me who has been turned away from what rides if you have!! I'd rather aviod this if at all possible!!! Or please tell me if you're my size and didn't have any trouble! Help will be much appreciated!!!

I am a size 26/28 and have never been turned away from anything at Disney.... I have at Kings Island, Holiday World, and am concerned about our upcoming trip to Universal.... but I always know that I am ok at WDW!!!!

I have been everything from a size 18 to a size 30/32 (and had to use a seatbelt extender on plane) and never had any issues with disney rides, including the coasters and such. I have also been on sea world and universal coasters at that size. They never turned me away, usually the workers try their hardest to help you experience the rides. I wouldn't worry about it, you should be fine! Have a great time!!!

I was larger than a size 28/30 on our 2005 trip and I fit on everything. Remember your there to have a good time and relax and enjoy. Its all good your at Disney .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter