The Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane

So, Dress Shop friends—I have a good news, bad news thing.
The Good News: I’ve lost about 30 lbs! 🥳🥳
The Bad News: my flowered Mickey and Minnie dress doesn’t fit anymore! 😭😭😭

I crossed the straps in the back, and that makes it look pretty decent from the front, but I end up with a huge lump of dress in the back. (please ignore the terrible hotel room mirror selfies 😆)

View attachment 602727View attachment 602728
Replying to my own post from September with an exciting update! I fixed my dress—for free, and non-permanently (so it can be readjusted when/if I lose more weight). I didn’t take a picture in the now-fitting dress, but I will next week in Disney World!

Replying to my own post from September with an exciting update! I fixed my dress—for free, and non-permanently (so it can be readjusted when/if I lose more weight). I didn’t take a picture in the now-fitting dress, but I will next week in Disney World!

View attachment 656547
Yay!!! I’m glad you got this dress to work. It’s one of my absolute favorites! I was thinking of wearing mine for Easter this year.

View attachment 656547
Decided to cross the dress straps so I don’t have to worry about them sliding off my shoulders, and took a couple pics of my adjusted dress. I’m also getting a different belt from Amazon, since this silly velvet ribbon doesn’t want to tie nicely for anything.

(I know it looks slightly baggy on my left side, but it isn’t actually)

Decided to cross the dress straps so I don’t have to worry about them sliding off my shoulders, and took a couple pics of my adjusted dress. I’m also getting a different belt from Amazon, since this silly velvet ribbon doesn’t want to tie nicely for anything.

View attachment 657256

View attachment 657257
I have this dress and the straps were long on me as well. The velvet material of belt is too thin to tie well or hang right. I finally just removed the belt loops and dumped the belt.

You look fantastic and the colors are perfect for you!!! :love:
I think a wider belt would work well, what color are you thinking?

You look fantastic and the colors are perfect for you!!! :love:
I think a wider belt would work well, what color are you thinking?
I got a black and a white, I didn’t want to try matching/coordinating colors. The belts are about 2.25 inches, so they’re wider than the ribbon.

View attachment 657256

View attachment 657257
It looks great!
I don’t use the velvet belt either. It’s pretty useless in my opinion. I use those cheap bow belts from Amazon.

Sadly, no. With 3 runDisney trips this year, my wallet has banned me from doing any other fun things 😆😭

Nooo! Well you've been missed on the Official HHN thread I can tell you that much! Now I'm going to sit in a corner and pout it out!

According to the same Disney Parks Blog post this image came from, we’re also getting a Flower Power dress as part of the Orange Bird collection this spring.
I didn’t read the post and couldn’t tell if that Orange Bird item on the girl was a shirt or dress…guess I’ll have to go back and read it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter