The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

I feel kinda bad not posting myself for awhile. Been busy at work, 1st trip out this year was Gatlinburg end of July. Fun time there, not fun to and from. Lost a tire on the trailer, coach wasn't running well, and batteries went dead because 120 plug came loose from outside freezer and was running off 12volt. BUT then the fun really started when we got home. Started checking the engine and found air leaking OUT of the intake manifold. Apparently a bunch of raccoons have been partying on top of my engine. The resulting pee and poop deteriorated the air intake heater (I'd post a picture, but it ain't pretty). So needless to say, I had about 1 week of evenings and weekend cleaning, scraping, washing and repairing. $300 in parts, and about 5 hours on the internet trying to found solutions for keeping them out. Headed to middle Michigan for Labor Day. That's our usual time to plan next years trips. Hoping for The Fort in the fall for Food and Wine Festival

I feel kinda bad not posting myself for awhile. Been busy at work, 1st trip out this year was Gatlinburg end of July. Fun time there, not fun to and from. Lost a tire on the trailer, coach wasn't running well, and batteries went dead because 120 plug came loose from outside freezer and was running off 12volt. BUT then the fun really started when we got home. Started checking the engine and found air leaking OUT of the intake manifold. Apparently a bunch of raccoons have been partying on top of my engine. The resulting pee and poop deteriorated the air intake heater (I'd post a picture, but it ain't pretty). So needless to say, I had about 1 week of evenings and weekend cleaning, scraping, washing and repairing. $300 in parts, and about 5 hours on the internet trying to found solutions for keeping them out. Headed to middle Michigan for Labor Day. That's our usual time to plan next years trips. Hoping for The Fort in the fall for Food and Wine Festival

I have found that high speed lead therapy works quite well for pests like that.

I have found that high speed lead therapy works quite well for pests like that.
Although I'm OK with that approach, there recently was one hanging out in the fan shroud and I didn't need to be patching any extra holes.
I purchased a product called Critter Ridder, it's a pepper mixture you sprinkle on the ground. So far, so good.

Although I'm OK with that approach, there recently was one hanging out in the fan shroud and I didn't need to be patching any extra holes.
I purchased a product called Critter Ridder, it's a pepper mixture you sprinkle on the ground. So far, so good.
Pre-seasoning them before harvesting Could be a major idea

He's not thrilled with actually having to work. I told him I wasn't either, but welcome to real life. :D And a pay check will be nice so he quits bugging me for gas money.
My DD wasn't thrilled about the whole work thing... She'll be 19 in 2 weeks... It's amazing though, that now that she's an "Adult" she wants to do what SHE wants... until it comes to things like paying for car insurance or buying tires... Then she wants to be Daddy's little girl. :rolleyes:

I was happier when she got a better job that gave her more hours and better pay. It's still in a grocery store (as she continues her college), and she still hates working, but at least if you have to work... doing it for more pay is always better. :)

Last edited:

While many of us enjoy todays games please take a moment to rember those we lost 15 years ago

Last edited:
Nice find there Michael Have to say that the only way I can find Okra paletteable is to smother it with a good Gumbo sauce

Fried okra is the only other way I can eat it. Who the crap ever heard of kelp in a gumbo?:sad2:

Fried okra is the only other way I can eat it. Who the crap ever heard of kelp in a gumbo?:sad2:
On the fried idea been there did that have the gag reflex to prove it
The article claimed KALE not Kelp but I am sure the PC crowd that thinks because a person is the first lady they are qualified to determine the nutritional needs for everyone

Almost as much entertainment as a 6 pack and a bug zapper.

IMAG0555.jpg

After the entertainment I relocated the snake to the barn where he can help with the vermin problem.

Nope, they have chief positions in the "help keep the kids entertained" and during the winter it also includes "help keep my feet warm at night".

They are well paid in catfood so they delegate the vermin details to the snakes and Hawks.

Considering that the average Feline will terminate with extreme prejudice one of your Minions given an opportunity I am very surprised that you would have any Michael

Considering that the average Feline will terminate with extreme prejudice one of your Minions given an opportunity I am very surprised that you would have any Michael
Oh, I am sure that his "Minions" are well trained enough to the point that they are "Friends"

cat-squirrel2.jpg

Or maybe the NSS will beat up the cats. :crazy:

I guess the vermin were mean to him because apparently he prefers the company of the cats. Either he came back, or his twin brother showed up.
IMAG0550.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter