The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

So the weekend is here and the redneck festivities are in full swing. The neighbor got his tractor stuck in his pond so there was an all posts request for pulling power to get him out.
IMAG0745.jpg
That's my John Deere in the foreground and my f-250 hooked to it with a smaller John Deere and Ford 3000 hooked up in background.
IMAG0746.jpg

Was finally able to pull him out with the combined force.

That looked like fun. What was he doing to get it stuck in the first place?

j

On a slightly different note. I ordered my next new car. I've been watching this car for a year. Focus RS, 350 HP AWD little beast. Don't have a build date yet, but I'm hoping for delivery by March or April.

FOrd-Focus-RS%2B%252813%2529.jpg

j

Michael, was your neighbor trying to fish with that front bucket on his tractor? I know I'm a city boy but there are some things I don't understand....

That lake is quite large for a privately owned property. It's close to 7-8 acres and really deep. It's big enough that they actually run their jet skis on it so they have a boat ramp at that particular location where he got stuck. With the drought the water level is low enough that he was trying to clean out some built up dirt and leaves when his front end went to China.

It took about 2 hours of digging and pulling to get him out. He had initially said he was going to call a wrecker to pull him out but my dad had driven by and seen it, so the group message had already gone out. We told him we would disown him if he called a wrecker.

It was even better when we hooked up the real pulling power...
IMAG0747.jpg

People are always "Bumping" to see if they get more response....well, I think it's a waste....i'be been bumping and bumping into my wife and other stuff while in trailer to convince of the need for more space. Nada so far....

We now return you to tractor rescue shenanigans ;)

tiggerdad, that make sense.

People are always "Bumping" to see if they get more response....well, I think it's a waste....i'be been bumping and bumping into my wife and other stuff while in trailer to convince of the need for more space.

Really, 4077, just trade in that beautiful camper you have and buy a pop-up. LESS space in the camper will give you MORE of an experience outside. You'd be surprised how much stuff you take on every trip that really isn't necessary.

Listen to your inner voice. :listen:

Go smaller.

Go Pop-Up. :joker:

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Really, 4077, just trade in that beautiful camper you have and buy a pop-up. LESS space in the camper will give you MORE of an experience outside. You'd be surprised how much stuff you take on every trip that really isn't necessary.

Listen to your inner voice. :listen:

Go smaller.

Go Pop-Up. :joker:

Bama Ed

Can't really argue with that..... (a pop up was my first want, actually, but wife has a major "no canvas" thing....of course, canvas not an issue in an A-frame)

Can't really argue with that..... (a pop up was my first want, actually, but wife has a major "no canvas" thing....of course, canvas not an issue in an A-frame)
My DW also wasn't a big fan of canvas. She worries more about security then anything else. She is afraid that someone is going to come up in the middle of the night and cut the canvas and steal our children. I try to re-assure her that it's not likely to happen, but it still doesn't change her concerns.

My DW also wasn't a big fan of canvas. She worries more about security then anything else. She is afraid that someone is going to come up in the middle of the night and cut the canvas and steal our children. I try to re-assure her that it's not likely to happen, but it still doesn't change her concerns.

That is EXACTLY her concern as well...a knife "psycho" style coming right through...

:rolleyes2

Thank goodness finally seeing some rain around here! I saw pictures today of my 2nd favorite place to camp which is up in the Smoky Mountains. One of my favorite trails to hike, Chimney Tops is currently wrapped up in a fire that has apparently now caused a mandatory evacuation of parts of the town of Gatlinburg

ryan.jpg

About to start my 5th of 25 nights at the hotel!!! Unfortunately, it's the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Parsippany, NJ...here for a 25 day course learning to fly a new airplane that we expect to be getting at my company....get a day off Monday...thank goodness...they always say learning a new plane in these 3-4 week courses is like drinking from a firehose! Glad for the distraction on here to clear my mind before bed. Hope everyone doing well and enjoying this time of year :)

Packing for a Florida winter vacation is tough. Shorts, capris, jeans, short sleeves, long sleeves, sweat shirts, hoodies, jackets, gloves, hats. Oh my!

Good looking tree, Michael. I'm kinda surprised it's not covered in squirrels, nuts and Mickeys.

About to start my 5th of 25 nights at the hotel!!!
Do you get any sim or flight time in the 25 days or is it all book? All book would suck.

Packing for a Florida winter vacation is tough. Shorts, capris, jeans, short sleeves, long sleeves, sweat shirts, hoodies, jackets, gloves, hats. Oh my!
I've been down a couple of times in February and March. I finally gave up on the shorts and just brought jeans and long and short sleeve shirts. Layers are your friend. We learned pretty quick to get a locker when we first got there. Then, when it warmed up, we'd go back and drop our coats in the locker. If we waited until it got warm, there weren't any lockers left.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter