The DIS Unplugged Snack Food Exchange Program!

What a great idea, OP! :thumbsup2

Match me! popcorn::

I'm in the USA - let me know what you like and I'll ship it out. :goodvibes

If you have no idea, let me know if you prefer savory (potato chips) or sweet (cookies, candies).

If you don't have them in your country, one of my fave savories are Doritos and for sweets Reeses peanut butter cups which are encased in chocolate! :worship:

I like savory more. Some of those World Cup flavors like Spanish Chicken Paella sound :love: Good chocolate is always fab too...tho I have access to lots of Cadbury.

Not sure how the logistics for this are working. OP are you matching people? If not, anyone who's interested, pls left-click on my screenname and choose the e-mail option and we can "chat" and work it out! :upsidedow

cheers,
:flower3:

Can you still get the Peanut Butter Take 5 bars in the USA? If so, I am in. A friend send we some of those 3 or 4 years ago and this was the best candy bar that I ever tasted.

Corinna

I would love to be matched with someone from the USA. I love hersheys, baby ruths, crazy flavoured pop tarts, or any other candy/ snacks you think I should try. Please no peanut butter flavour ones.

In return I can send you anything from the uk. Seaside rock, shortbread, cadburys, walkers or anything else from the uk as long as it's light not heavy like a bottle of drink.

Are these the oatmeal cookie/marshmallow things?

http://www.littledebbie.com/products/OatmealPies.asp

I'm not sure, but I think Little Debbie's are available down south (I'm a NYer). I've never seen them in NYC (though I don't tend to eat those kinds of foods, so I could be wrong about their northern availability).

Yes! They're the ones! I remember we had managed to bring one back from our first trip to the world, and it lived in my fridge for a fair bit, but I didn't want to eat because I then knew I wouldn't have anymore :upsidedow

im in!!!
i live about 20 mins away from cadburys world if anyone craves flakes, whispas, dairy milk or anythiing else for that matter!!
never done an exchange before so can someone explain how it works?
thanks
tracy

Good point. Thanks to living where I do, I'm very close to a Cadbury's outlet store, and the seaside! Thus seaside rock etc. :)

I had no idea that other countries did not have the pop tart varieties that we have in the US. I almost took a picture at the grocery store today just so everyone could see that all the pop tart boxes pretty much take up half an aisle. I should count the different flavors but there can't be less than 20 different kinds.

If anyone needs a pop tart fix-I'm happy to help. :)

I had no idea that other countries did not have the pop tart varieties that we have in the US. I almost took a picture at the grocery store today just so everyone could see that all the pop tart boxes pretty much take up half an aisle. I should count the different flavors but there can't be less than 20 different kinds.

If anyone needs a pop tart fix-I'm happy to help. :)

29 by my count on http://www.poptarts.com

If you don't have them in your country, one of my fave savories are Doritos and for sweets Reeses peanut butter cups which are encased in chocolate! :worship:

My local Walmart actually has the peanut butter cups 8 for $1!

--DB

I met some people from Scotland a few years ago at the world. We are meeting again over the 4th of July. We send stuff back and forth all the time. The favorite thing I send them is jiffy corn bread mix. I am bringing them some when we meet. My suitcase is not going to be full with my clothes just snack and goodies for them. I think it is funny to hear someone like the Little Debbie oatmeal pies. Yuk! But I will send anyone something if they let me know what it is they want.. Oh, before I forget. My friends sent me chocolate bars last summer, and when I got it, it was all melted!!!!. So make sure you wrap things a couple of times and put it in a baggie. I can do the Little Debbie cakes if they PM me. This will be fun.

I like savory more. Some of those World Cup flavors like Spanish Chicken Paella sound :love:

My friend brought me a whole bunch of these when we met in Disneyland Paris back in May. The French Garlic Baguette tasted just like garlic bread! I'm trying to figure out a way to get the rest of the flavors. I think I've got 7 of them. I didn't know there was a Spanish Paella flavor! Yum!

Yes! They're the ones! I remember we had managed to bring one back from our first trip to the world, and it lived in my fridge for a fair bit, but I didn't want to eat because I then knew I wouldn't have anymore :upsidedow

I do the same thing, then kick myself when I have to throw stuff away. I'm trying to work my way down to hoarding for no longer than one month.

My local Walmart actually has the peanut butter cups 8 for $1!

--DB

sweet :thumbsup2 My WalMart has them for $1 or sometimes 88cents. I'm like a goldfish and will just keep eating so I don't buy them very often. :blush:

My friend brought me a whole bunch of these when we met in Disneyland Paris back in May. The French Garlic Baguette tasted just like garlic bread! I'm trying to figure out a way to get the rest of the flavors. I think I've got 7 of them. I didn't know there was a Spanish Paella flavor! Yum!

okay, now you're making me feel like I really need these :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

cheers,
:flower3:

I would definately be in. I am always wanting to try new things. In most cases I can walk into just about any grocery or convienent store and sadly realize I have already tried evrything they have. Particularly beverages (non alcoholic). I have had nearly every energy drink, soda, flavored water, juice, Gatorade, and anything else wet that Indianapolis has to offer. I know the cost would be a little high, but I would be interested trading snacks and beverages. You name it, and I will try it. popcorn::

Indianapolis, IN USA

You can count me in too - I live in the US and specifically near Philadelphia, PA. Aside from all the standard US snacks, I can also offer Tastykakes (which are fairly local to this area) if anyone wants those.

Have no specific requests - would love something from the UK or elsewhere outside of the US. Crunchy or sweet - either way!!

Thanks.

It's sooo good to see so many people wanting to get involved in this!

Can send anything from the UK - I need to start thinking specifically of what I want from the US. So many things :)

PM me. I will be PM'ing some of you guys soon once I've decided :)

I am in!! I am in Michigan - so only thing we are absolutely known for is coney dogs. That won't ship too well - but I will ship anything we have here!!

I am looking for someone in Germany or Austria who can get the "good" Haribo gummy bears and another candy - Primavera Erdbeeren. I can't get it here - I have even called and e-mailed Haribo. They can't import it to the States...GRRRR!
I am a gummy snob and the Haribo gummy bears sold here in the states just stink compared to the ones sold in Germany and Austria.

I am in!! I am in Michigan - so only thing we are absolutely known for is coney dogs. That won't ship too well - but I will ship anything we have here!!

I am looking for someone in Germany or Austria who can get the "good" Haribo gummy bears and another candy - Primavera Erdbeeren. I can't get it here - I have even called and e-mailed Haribo. They can't import it to the States...GRRRR!
I am a gummy snob and the Haribo gummy bears sold here in the states just stink compared to the ones sold in Germany and Austria.

I am German, but now live in the UK. I have not noticed any difference between the gummy bears that I had in Germany and the once that are available in the UK. I think the reason they can't import them to the USA is because one or more of the food dyes that are used in them are illegal in the USA.

Corinna

I am German, but now live in the UK. I have not noticed any difference between the gummy bears that I had in Germany and the once that are available in the UK. I think the reason they can't import them to the USA is because one or more of the food dyes that are used in them are illegal in the USA.

Corinna

I wonder if HFCS has something to do it.

--DB

Corinna

I second the Hairbo gummy bears! If anyone can hook me up with those, I live in New York (Long Island) let me know what I can send!

TP

:scared1: We only have 2 kinds!!! How will I know which ones to try when I'm out there?

The cinnamon bun ones look nice, I love cinnamon, but it doesn't seem to flavour much stuff over here. I always get my fix in the States!

I do the same thing, then kick myself when I have to throw stuff away. I'm trying to work my way down to hoarding for no longer than one month.

I am terrible at this too! I want to eat it, but I seem to want to keep it more! Will work on that this time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter