• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Cold Never Bothered Me Anyway, a 2017 Marathon Weekend TR

Great TR. Crazy travel day though - I would have cried too! And I totally get the weird feeling with talking about the marathon - I experience that myself. :confused3

Chicago sounds like an awesome marathon!!

It's definitely a weird feeling. I know so many people who have done one that it doesn't feel like a big deal.

Chicago is allegedly a flat, fast course, so that's appeal. And, it's only a 4-hour drive. No planes!

Great TR, reading it now, brought back a lot of feelings, as this marathon was also my first rD marathon :)

I really love your photos, never knew you could watch Wishes from behind the castle!

LOVE your TR and race recap! We were there that weekend as well, part of our land and sea vacation. DH and I both come from an endurance running background and were amazed at the number of racers who were on their feet the day of and after the race. Anytime we finish a marathon or 50k, we are riding the couch for the rest of the day! LOL! One of these days we'll get down there for the Goofy challenge. But probably not until our monster squad is a little older.

Definitely a bummer about the half being canceled, but I completely understood why. The deluge that tore through the parks on Saturday was ridiculous. At one point we went back to the hotel to throw our clothes and shoes in the dryer!!!

Great TR, reading it now, brought back a lot of feelings, as this marathon was also my first rD marathon :)

I really love your photos, never knew you could watch Wishes from behind the castle!

Thanks! I've always wanted to try shooting from behind the castle. Obviously, there is stuff you miss back there and the show is designed to be viewed from the front, but I really liked not being packed in like sardines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter