The Bachelor - Ben??? No spoilers

His mother also made a comment after meeting JoJo that she just saw something different between them than she did with Lauren. I think he & JoJo had way more chemistry.

I tend to disagree, and here is why...
He was attached to Lauren from the very beginning, because he saw that cute blonde with that bright smile.
With JoJo, he even actually used the word 'friend'.
JoJo was way more mature and 'supportive' to Ben and his issues... So that worked.
(JoJo is actually head and shoulders above Lauren in maturity, intelligence, and in every other way, except the bubbly-blonde thing)
But, I think that JoJo was in the friend-zone.
I really do.

I noticed what you noticed about those final dates.
But, I never put anything, at all, past ABC and their scripting and editing.

I always knew it would be Lauren, and was actually surprised when they tried to pull that one off.

Don't forget how much editing plays into this whole show, from beginning to end. Where's the suspense of the final rose if the editing shows that it's all about Lauren? When I watched Sean's season, I think Sean and Catherine were on a boat together near the end and I thought "well, definitely not her." Just as a simplistic example...If Lauren and HoJo each spent an hour with Ben, and Lauren had 55 minutes of "chemistry" and 5 minutes not, and HoJo had 5 minutes of "chemistry" and 55 minutes not, then the show can pick and choose how they want to present it.

Edited to add: OK, that reads like a weird math problem, like two trains leaving two different stations at different speeds... :laughing:

Access Hollywood just said the Neil Lane engagement ring is estimated at $95,000! NOT a typo. :eek: :faint:

Wow, Lauren can BUY a new house for that much money or just walk around with the ring. :sad2:

And doesn't Neil Lane get the ring back if the couple doesn't last a whole year? That is certainly some incentive to pretend to stay together for a year.

And doesn't Neil Lane get the ring back if the couple doesn't last a whole year? That is certainly some incentive to pretend to stay together for a year.

Don't know where her info came from, but DD was reading something that said they keep the ring if they stay together for two years. After that, they can sell it but have to notify the network in writing.

Did anyone see the happy couple on Good Morning America? When they were getting out of the car, Ben gets out first and reaches back like he's going to close the door and suddenly realizes...oh yeah, Lauren is there too. :laughing:

The new season starts May 23? That's just over two months away. That must be when they start filming?

I didn't see GMA, but ... I found it interesting that Ben asked if they had time left so he could address Bachelor Nation. Then, after all of the talk, while the families are talking and hugging, Lauren's sister asked him if he was happy, and he kind of shrugged, and without much excitement, said 'yeah'. And THEN, he stood back, looked all around the audience, like he was just soaking in the last of his 15 minutes.

I didn't see GMA, but ... I found it interesting that Ben asked if they had time left so he could address Bachelor Nation. Then, after all of the talk, while the families are talking and hugging, Lauren's sister asked him if he was happy, and he kind of shrugged, and without much excitement, said 'yeah'. And THEN, he stood back, looked all around the audience, like he was just soaking in the last of his 15 minutes.

I saw that. It was strange.

I thought he was looking out at his parents. And then I remembered they were no longer in the audience. Oh Ben.

Lauren's sister asked him if he was happy, and he kind of shrugged, and without much excitement, said 'yeah'. And THEN, he stood back, looked all around the audience, like he was just soaking in the last of his 15 minutes.

It was. He knows that once they finally announce they've broken up, he will be relegated back to obscurity again. :(

Of course, he does look like Peter Brady, so maybe he could capitalize on that? :idea: Kind of like the way Travis Stork does those nasal spray commercials. :p

Don't forget how much editing plays into this whole show, from beginning to end. Where's the suspense of the final rose if the editing shows that it's all about Lauren? When I watched Sean's season, I think Sean and Catherine were on a boat together near the end and I thought "well, definitely not her." Just as a simplistic example...If Lauren and HoJo each spent an hour with Ben, and Lauren had 55 minutes of "chemistry" and 5 minutes not, and HoJo had 5 minutes of "chemistry" and 55 minutes not, then the show can pick and choose how they want to present it.

Edited to add: OK, that reads like a weird math problem, like two trains leaving two different stations at different speeds... :laughing:
Chicago, Ill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter