The All-New "unofficial" AKL/AKV's Jambo & Kidani FAQ thread.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started another thread with a couple questions but they didn't get answered, so I thought I would try here. I have stayed at AKL SV twice but am staying CL on our next visit in June of 09. We have never stayed in concierge before and I am hearing alot of good things. However, I am also hearing how popular AKL CL is and am concerned about when to book. How far in advance do you book? I really don't want to get shut out, but I want to try and get a AAA discount when they are released. Can I book at rack and will they apply the AAA rate when it is released? Thanks for any help.

Hi Mapmakerj :welcome: You can book now if you want to. They do not have the 2009 room prices out yet but you can book. They will reserve a room for you at rack rate. Start calling when the 2009 rates first some out to request a AAA rate. They are limited.

You are going to have a FANTASTIC vacation. :cheer2:

We leave in 3 days!!! We don't check in to the AKL until Saturday, though. We're staying the first night at the ASMo.

Thanks to the great info in this thread, I made a room location request for the Zebra Trail, Arusha Savanna, third floor. I'm hoping that we are able to have our request (I completely understand that it's a request only and not guaranteed.). :goodvibes

We're so excited!!!:cool1:

I know that Boma makes great pressed coffee....but is there somewhere to get a good coffee to go? :coffee:

I understand that the CS stuff is dreadful and really need that caffeine fix before I face the day. ;)

Ev

Nope. Unfortunately not at AKL.

Boma's pressed pot...or bring your own for your in room coffee pot. Otherwise it's the "nasty" stuff they serve pretty much property wide.

OK I have a question maybe the experts can help with:)

I am going to WDW for the first time and we have 2 ressies 1 is 8/11-8/16 AKL savannah view with the Dining plan and 7 day MYW hoppers, the other is 8/16-8/18 room only pool view. They didnt have any savannah views avail. for the code I was using so what is the poss. that they would let us stay in the same room for our whole stay? Kinda like an upgrade?:confused3

Nope. Unfortunately not at AKL.

Boma's pressed pot...or bring your own for your in room coffee pot. Otherwise it's the "nasty" stuff they serve pretty much property wide.

Thanks I'll be sure to pack some to use in the room.

Ev

I am going to WDW for the first time and we have 2 ressies 1 is 8/11-8/16 AKL savannah view with the Dining plan and 7 day MYW hoppers, the other is 8/16-8/18 room only pool view. They didnt have any savannah views avail. for the code I was using so what is the poss. that they would let us stay in the same room for our whole stay? Kinda like an upgrade?:confused3

There is a chance...though that chance drops radically depending on how busy they are. I'm not sure exactly how busy mid to late August is....I've never been brave enough to visit past the end of June (maybe once in mid July.....I think I block it out, or the sun fried the brain cells holding those memories). I know it's still considered the "busy" season, but it's close enough to back to school that maybe crowds have tapered, a bit....again, I don't know.

The best bet is to figure on having to switch, and ask at check in to see if they can do anything for you. That way you can only be pleasantly surprised.

Thanks I'll be sure to pack some to use in the room.

Ev

Also....I think the coffee in the rooms is prepackaged...meaning there's no loose filters for the pot, itself.

So bring some of the small, travel pot sized, coffee filters.....at least, I think that's the size they take.

Anyone know for sure. I can't remember and the last trip we were in a DVC 1 BR, which has a full sized pot.

Also....I think the coffee in the rooms is prepackaged...meaning there's no loose filters for the pot, itself.

So bring some of the small, travel pot sized, coffee filters.....at least, I think that's the size they take.

Anyone know for sure. I can't remember and the last trip we were in a DVC 1 BR, which has a full sized pot.

Thanks...I would have never thought of that. I was just gonna pack some of those individual pkgs from the local donut shop. Not much use without the filters :laughing:

Ev

There is a chance...though that chance drops radically depending on how busy they are. I'm not sure exactly how busy mid to late August is....I've never been brave enough to visit past the end of June (maybe once in mid July.....I think I block it out, or the sun fried the brain cells holding those memories). I know it's still considered the "busy" season, but it's close enough to back to school that maybe crowds have tapered, a bit....again, I don't know.

The best bet is to figure on having to switch, and ask at check in to see if they can do anything for you. That way you can only be pleasantly surprised.

Florida schools (and Georgia's too!) start up mid-August so that usually helps keep the crowd level down some. Of course most of the rest of the country might be @ WDW during that time! :rotfl:

The coffee provided by the AKL is prepackaged. The pot only holds about 16ozs. It just filled two standard coffee mugs. So you'll need small filters.

Sounds like you have a perfect trip planned. My favorite resort and the perfect amount of time to REALLY enjoy. :goodvibes I am sending you pixiedust pixiedust: and warm wishes that this may turn out that you stay in your savannah view room.

Hello to everyone on this thread. I think I'm posting this in the right place. If not, please tell me where to go. :goodvibes

Completely on the spur of the moment yesterday, I booked AKL for 4 nights...in just 3 weeks! Ack! I've never done a Disney trip so quickly. It all just kind of fell into place and DH and I suddenly found ourselves with ressies, tickets, flights, and shock.

We have never been to WDW in May or June (we usually go in January). If anyone could answer our questions, we'd be so grateful.

1) Are there plenty of animals out on the savannas at this time of year?

2) Is the construction noise/activity at AKL noticeable from the rooms?

3) We booked an s-v bunk bed room (the only s-v room available with the AP discount yesterday). Are these rooms scattered throughout the resort or are they confined to certain areas/floors?

4) Anything in particular we need to know about WDW in May/June that we haven't already guessed at ourselves?

Many zillions of thanks for any answers you can provide. I will now sprinkle some pixie dust for everyone here. :wizard:

I should really change my sig so it's got about 3 billion leaping objects next to it. That's how thrilled I am! :woohoo:

Are the std room configurations only 1 Queen bed & bunk beds, or 1 king 1 daybed, or could we get 2 queens and a daybed?

Are the std room configurations only 1 Queen bed & bunk beds, or 1 king 1 daybed, or could we get 2 queens and a daybed?

Standard is 2 Queens.

There are rooms with 1 King...not sure about the day bed anymore (maybe..but that USED to be one of the "deluxe room" configs and all the deluxe rooms are gone having been converted to DVC villas).

An "upgrade" option is 1 Q, 1 Bunk bed.

There are no longer any option for 2 Q and 1 daybed. That was the standard set up for the Deluxe rooms, which have all been converted over to DVC villas. That option (which allowed for sleeping 5) no longer exists at AKL.

Hello to everyone on this thread. I think I'm posting this in the right place. If not, please tell me where to go. :goodvibes

:rotfl2: Too funny!!!

Completely on the spur of the moment yesterday, I booked AKL for 4 nights...in just 3 weeks! Ack! I've never done a Disney trip so quickly. It all just kind of fell into place and DH and I suddenly found ourselves with ressies, tickets, flights, and shock.

:banana: Lucky you!!!!:worship:

We have never been to WDW in May or June (we usually go in January). If anyone could answer our questions, we'd be so grateful.

1) Are there plenty of animals out on the savannas at this time of year?

Yes but I heard that during the hottest part of the day they are not as easily seen

2) Is the construction noise/activity at AKL noticeable from the rooms?

3) We booked an s-v bunk bed room (the only s-v room available with the AP discount yesterday). Are these rooms scattered throughout the resort or are they confined to certain areas/floors?

4) Anything in particular we need to know about WDW in May/June that we haven't already guessed at ourselves?

Many zillions of thanks for any answers you can provide. I will now sprinkle some pixie dust for everyone here. :wizard:

I should really change my sig so it's got about 3 billion leaping objects next to it. That's how thrilled I am! :woohoo:

:dance3: Have a great and wonderful trip!:dance3:

How does the tap water taste at AKL?

The water is not BAD, however we usually pick up bottled water and use that. The water (in the past) has been horrible at some of the resorts. We usually do a split stay when we go. So arriving with a couple of cases works for us.

The water is not BAD, however we usually pick up bottled water and use that. The water (in the past) has been horrible at some of the resorts. We usually do a split stay when we go. So arriving with a couple of cases works for us.

Thanks! :hug: We are staying offsite for 2 nights then off to the Pop Century for a night and then finally 5 nights at AKV! We will probably need to get some bottled water.

Also does anyone know if I can I check in to AKL from the Pop Century front desk or via phone or do I need to physically go to AKL and check in? We will be having a late night to see Wishes at MK the night B-4, and I (probably unrealistically) would like us to get to MGM by rope drop the next morning. If possible I would like to try the easiest and fasted way to check into the AKL that morning.

thanks!!!!:flower3:

You have to physically go and check in. But POP will move your luggage to AKL for you.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter