The All-New "unofficial" AKL/AKV's Jambo & Kidani FAQ thread.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got back from AKV. I posted this on the AKV lovers thread and I wanted to post it here also:

Hi everyone! I just got back from my Conceirge studio stay and I have to saty that I am really spoiled! It was great! I had one of my friends with me and she was just in awe!

The only drawback that I found was that the savanna view was only so-so. My previous stay at AKL was on the second floor overlooking the Arusha savannah and you could see animals jsut about all the time. However the AKV Conceirge SV rooms overlook the small alcove on the Sunset Savannah. Yes we did see cattle, ostriches, and a giraffe but the views weren't as good as my previous stay.

OK negative out of the way, the CL was incredible. We had room 6206 and it was one of the savanna view rooms. We really enjoyed the breakfasts, appertizers with wine and the food available throughout the day. We also did the sunrise safari and it was everything that I hoped for and more!

Returned from AKL last week and thought I'd post back on some of my own questions so if others are interested they will now have the answers. :)

Just booked my reservation for AKL in May. First time staying there - we are soooo excited. We've been there for dinner several times and always enjoyed the atmosphere and are looking forward to being able to enjoy it our whole vacation.

Anyway, I have a couple of odd questions. I'm trying to get a feel for the way the resort is set up in relation to the floors and the lobby.

1 - I know the main lobby is on the 3rd Floor. Are any of the other floors (and the guest rooms) accessable to the lobby by "open" staircases? It's not that I don't do elevators, I'd just rather take a themed staircase up or down to get to a room. (I'm thinking about the staircase that leads down to Boma & Jiko - anything like that to get to guest rooms?)

There is a stair case right as you enter the lobby (between the entrance and the gift shop) that leads up to the 4th floor. At the top of those stairs if you make a left to cross over the lobby there is another set of steps that lead up to the 5th floor. These are "open/themed" stairs, not fire escape type, no doors. At the 5th floor there was a gate with card access that blocked off another set of stairs up to the 6th floor.

There is the stairs that lead down to the second floor at the opposite end of the lobby, however, I don't think you could get back to the Ostrich or Giraffe Trails (that I could figure out).

2 - What floor is the suspension bridge over the lobby?

5th Floor

3 - What floor is the Sunset Safari Lounge?

3rd Floor, right off the lobby, by the registration desk.

4 - The rooms that are around/overlook the lobby, what are they classified as? I saw that some were villas, are all of them? Are they concierge/club level?

No idea

5 - Are there viewing locations on all levels on all the trails?

Again, no idea. There were windows that we passed on the way to our room about halfway down the Ostrich Trail, 4th floor, but no place to step outside on the way.

6 - Are Jiko, Boma, & Mara considered 1st floor? From what I remember, there where no hallways to guest rooms off of these places.

They are first floor, and there are no hallways to get to guest rooms off of them. There is a ramp at the back of Victoria Falls Lounge that drops you off at the beginning of the Zebra Trail on the 2nd floor.

I'm trying to figure out what is important to me so I can put a couple of requests on my reservation. Thanks for any help!!! :flower3:

I didn't end up making any advanced requests and was very happy with my 4th floor, Ostrich Trail room, view of the "Standard View/Construction Savannah" (thats what I paid for).

I just got back from AKV. I posted this on the AKV lovers thread and I wanted to post it here also:

Hi everyone! I just got back from my Conceirge studio stay and I have to saty that I am really spoiled! It was great! I had one of my friends with me and she was just in awe!

The only drawback that I found was that the savanna view was only so-so. My previous stay at AKL was on the second floor overlooking the Arusha savannah and you could see animals jsut about all the time. However the AKV Conceirge SV rooms overlook the small alcove on the Sunset Savannah. Yes we did see cattle, ostriches, and a giraffe but the views weren't as good as my previous stay.

OK negative out of the way, the CL was incredible. We had room 6206 and it was one of the savanna view rooms. We really enjoyed the breakfasts, appertizers with wine and the food available throughout the day. We also did the sunrise safari and it was everything that I hoped for and more!

Were You On The 4th Floor?? What Trail Were You On?? Was It The Zebra Or Kudo??

Here are pictures of "my staircase." This led up to the 4th floor from the lobby. We used it everyday and only took the elevator once down from our room (when we were checking out with our luggage :sad1:).
Sorry they are dark. I was trying to get good exposure on my camera with out using the flash, sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't.

This is bottom, lobby doors are on the right (Zawadi Marketplace would be on the left).
IMG_2406.jpg

This is the top of the stairs. My DS (2.5) loved the giraffe on the ceiling.
IMG_2401.jpg

This is the view at the top of the steps, straight ahead is the lobby. Giraffe Trail would be off to the right, Ostrich is the the left. You can also walk along the sides to get back to the other two trails.
IMG_2402.jpg

The overview of the lobby from the 4th floor.
IMG_2397.jpg

And finally, I edited a map for those who need a visual where things are located. Sorry the print's so small. Didn't realize it would be that small when I was labeling.
resort_akl-1.jpg

Thanks. That info in good to know ahead of time. Glad we will be able to just run down some stairs to go places.

I didn't end up making any advanced requests and was very happy with my 4th floor, Ostrich Trail room, view of the "Standard View/Construction Savannah" (thats what I paid for).

So glad to hear this! We have standard rooms booked for August (all that was available for our dates with my discount code) and we requested Ostrich Trail upper floor rooms - hopefully, we'll get the construction savannah side! (DNephew likes animals and construction trucks, so really, it would be perfect for us!) :)

Were You On The 4th Floor?? What Trail Were You On?? Was It The Zebra Or Kudo??

No, I was on the 6th floor. The AKV conceirge rooms are on the 6th floor basically over the lobby. So the rooms overlook either the sunset savannah (basically 3 floors above the Sunset Lounge) or the pool.

sorry if this is a dumb question:rolleyes1 do the AKV have concierge rooms too? does this mean the Villas share the concierge lounge with the AKL club level?

So glad to hear this! We have standard rooms booked for August (all that was available for our dates with my discount code) and we requested Ostrich Trail upper floor rooms - hopefully, we'll get the construction savannah side! (DNephew likes animals and construction trucks, so really, it would be perfect for us!) :)

Sound like my DS (2.5). He would talk about the cranes he was seeing outside. Mind you they weren't the living kind (though we did see one, one day), they where the big ones working on the Villas.

My DS's cranes
IMG_2688.jpg

These were below our balcony, they were for some exterior painting. We never saw them being used, however we weren't in our room at all during the day. We saw the workers coming out one day, but we were leaving.
IMG_2687.jpg

sorry if this is a dumb question:rolleyes1 do the AKV have concierge rooms too? does this mean the Villas share the concierge lounge with the AKL club level?

Yes they do and yes they do

Does anyone know if the Mara still has that great Twinnings Tea box or is it gross Nescafe Tea Bags? Thanks!

I believe they had Twinnings tea, I'm not 100% sure it was Twinnings but it definetely wasn't Nescafe. Just a warning if you drink green tea-they only had decaffinated!

I believe they had Twinnings tea, I'm not 100% sure it was Twinnings but it definetely wasn't Nescafe. Just a warning if you drink green tea-they only had decaffinated!

Thank you so much for your reply!! We were there in 2002 and they had this wooden chest type-thing with all different Teas,-Caff. & herbal. I'm pretty sure it was Twinnings. At POP they had just the plain Black Pekoe but it was Nescafe bags & they were FUNKY. I should have brought plain Lipton bags from home. I'm glad the good tea is there, it was nice to sip on the balcony at night, and the less I have to pack the better. Thanks Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter