The *ALL NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *APRIL 2009*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I am using Safari to do this. It's a slow way to type though. We're at Epcot right now.

So cool to hear from you LIVE :cool1: Hope you're having a blast. Did you join the stampede for Soarin' this a.m.?? :rotfl:

kaffinito, thank you for my Poly fix. I too love the mornings at the Poly. I usually get up and stroll around while dd and dh snoooze a bit more.
I need to do this next time, BreezysMom :thumbsup2 I love to stroll around in the afternoon which is beautiful but bustling w/people...but haven't really explored the Poly in the a.m. It would be nice to have the place to myself a bit more ;)

There is nothing like an early morning walk around the Poly. The smell of all plants and flowers, the silence, the birds........:thumbsup2

I just wanted to pop in and thank you all for such a great thread! :hug: Over the weekend I booked our first stay at the Poly for mid-September, and am getting so excited for it! :banana: I've read the first few pages of this thread, but I'm sure I'll be going through all of it in the next few days. And will probably be back with some questions! ;)

Thanks,
Jen :goodvibes

Actually we got a magic moment and got to ride it before the park opened. That was great.

So cool to hear from you LIVE :cool1: Hope you're having a blast. Did you join the stampede for Soarin' this a.m.?? :rotfl:

I need to do this next time, BreezysMom :thumbsup2 I love to stroll around in the afternoon which is beautiful but bustling w/people...but haven't really explored the Poly in the a.m. It would be nice to have the place to myself a bit more ;)

Actuall

Thanks Everyone, for the pictures and the updates! I love to come here and see all the new things that DH and I will be experiencing.

mmmears - I'm so glad to hear that you loved the AKL, isn't the Sunrise Safari awesome?! Hope you continue to have a great time at the Poly! :goodvibes

kaffinito - what gorgeous photos!

Do they have beach movies at the Poly or at GF (or both)? We stayed at Beach Club last year and we ended up at the movie on the beach for at least 4 of the nights we were there. They had marshmallows/smores kits you could buy and toast right there. And the kids played in the sand while my husband and I drank our tropical drinks and relaxed with some great Disney movies. And of course, we could see the Epcot AND HS fireworks from that beach! anyway, I was hoping that the Poly had this too for we would like to do that again!

Right now the movies are being shown at the GF but Polynesian guests are invited too. It's a pleasant walk over to the GF....or monorail or boat ride of course.:goodvibes

I remember a year or so ago people were posting about movies on the beach at the Polynesian but that it was a trial? We never saw that.

There is nothing like an early morning walk around the Poly. The smell of all plants and flowers, the silence, the birds........:thumbsup2

I love doing that. So beautiful and peaceful.

I just wanted to pop in and thank you all for such a great thread! :hug: Over the weekend I booked our first stay at the Poly for mid-September, and am getting so excited for it! :banana: I've read the first few pages of this thread, but I'm sure I'll be going through all of it in the next few days. And will probably be back with some questions! ;)

Thanks,
Jen :goodvibes

Welcome to the FAQ, Jen. Happy planning!:surfweb:

Actually we got a magic moment and got to ride it before the park opened. That was great.

Actuall

How cool is that!! What an awesome ride it is.:wizard:

Hi Debbie!

kaffinito, thank you for those beautiful pictures. It's rainy and very cold here...those made my morning too.

Thanks kaffinito--dreary day here and cold! 80s sound wonderful! :thumbsup2

Don't you all wish this was you right now?
poly1.jpg

(my oldest son)

And a few more...

The weather here has been in the 80's, so the mornings are usually pretty foggy. Love it that way! :)

Walkway to Niue

DSC_0040.jpg

I love this shot; it really evokes the mood of the still mornings at the Poly. I can almost hear that poly music playing softly in the background.

You should also try the pool at that hour. I'm serious, there is nothing better than to relax before the start of the day in a quiet warm pool all by yourself (and maybe some ducks), listening to that soft music. And maybe an "illegal" cup of coffee at the poolside doesn't hurt, either. :laughing:

Who is going to the Poly and when?

Perhaps some of us can meet up with one another while there. Please copy and paste this into a new post, adding your information as we go along...

April 2009 -

May 2009 -

June 2009 -

July 2009 -

August 2009 -

September 2009 -

October 2009 -

November 2009 - two*little*birds (15th -22nd)

December 2009 -

:welcome:
Breezysmom and I are going at the same time.
5 Months will be here before we know it-we can countdown together.

Yep!
Before you know it the summer is going to be here and for me, time will fly by! I have to say that this 90 day thing is frustrating. I'm so used to have all my ducks in a row 6 months in advance. It just prolongs the anxiety! :lmao:

To all the new people joining in planning their trips WELCOME! :grouphug:

This thread is my drug of choice. I am so addicted. :love:

Perhaps some of us can meet up with one another while there. Please copy and paste this into a new post, adding your information as we go along...

April 2009 -

May 2009 -

June 2009 -

July 2009 -

August 2009 -

September 2009 - BreezysMom (19-26th)

October 2009 -

December 2009 -

:thumbsup2

Hello Poly fans! Subscribing because we'll be there in 2010. And I'm still hoping to upgrade to Poly from POFQ this July. Keep your fingers crossed for me, please!

Hi All,

Getting ready for our 3rd family trip to the Poly concierge :banana:. We'll be there 4/19-4/26 :cool1: . I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row here. I do have one question that I'm never really sure what's the proper amount. When checking in at the GCH, and getting the golf club car ride over to the Hawaii concierge buiding, I'm never quite sure what to tip the driver. There's usually a second person who meets me and brings my luggage up to my room. I'm all set on tipping that guy. But curious what I should be tipping the golf club car guy.

Thanks for the advice in advance !

-Greg

Yes, I am using Safari to do this. It's a slow way to type though. We're at Epcot right now.

Cool - I've saved the page and logged in on my iphone so I'm all set when I get there in 11 days!! Now if my kids don't monopolize the phone while in line (those free apps really keep 'em busy), I can give a live update on the DIS. If I remember and am not so giddy with excitement :rotfl:

And for all you iphone users that may not know this - there are some WDW map apps that have GPS. It's a glorified park map - but it's cool to look at when you need a disney fix!

I am so jealous of everyone who is getting to go to the Poly this year. This thread has been great and I am learning so much that I didn't know when we stayed at the Poly two years ago.

For those who are there now, thanks for the updates and the wonderful photos!

For the calendar should we add the next month once a month as past. For example, when April is over should someone add Jan 2010?

Originally Posted by two*little*birds

April 2009 -

May 2009 -

June 2009 -

July 2009 -

August 2009 -

September 2009 - BreezysMom (19-26th); Momatater (3-11)

October 2009 -

December 2009 -

This is a great idea! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter