The *ALL NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *APRIL 2009*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny photo! It DOES look like a person :laughing: We didn't have any towel animals in March except for the Mickey head that was on one of the beds when we arrived.

QUOTE]

Thanks Johnsonet! I wasn't sure...I know some resorts go all out with them and others you don't hear much about at all. I'll tell DD that I don't think they do them, and then if we do get one, it will be a pleasant surprise for her!

Just want to say how much I love this thread and all the info. I am checking into the Polynesian on the 27th. I am bringing my mom for her first ever Walt disney world trip. She is celebrating a year of being cancer free. She said if she made it through this battle she would love to see Disney. She will be tired and in the room a lot, so I wanted a relaxing and wonderful resort. The Polynesian seems so perfect! I can't wait! Thanks again for all the help!

Any confirmation/denial on the rumour that the Poly is building cabanas on the beach like the GF has?

Not kaffinito, but I'll tell you that I haven't seen anything here. I'll try to remember to ask the concierge CMs about it. Last week the IPO office had no info on them.

E-mail me through the DIS and I'll let you know (I cant send or recieve PMs right now LOL).

Someone was being naughty I gather. Happy Easter (belated) Conc!

Only 28 more days for us--hope to see you then! :woohoo:

Just want to say how much I love this thread and all the info. I am checking into the Polynesian on the 27th. I am bringing my mom for her first ever Walt disney world trip. She is celebrating a year of being cancer free. She said if she made it through this battle she would love to see Disney. She will be tired and in the room a lot, so I wanted a relaxing and wonderful resort. The Polynesian seems so perfect! I can't wait! Thanks again for all the help!

That is a beautiful gesture for your mom. I brought my ailing 80 year aunt to WDW (she never wanted to go as she thought it was a like a carnival....) but I insisted and she was blown away. She absolutely loved it and wanted to go back again the next year. I even got to take her on a 3 day Wonder cruise before she passed away. She loved that as well.

Hubby, me, DD and boyfriend are checking into the Poly on the 25th (other DD and friend are checking into the Contemporary on the 24th) and leaving on the 28th to head over to Disney's Vero beach. Poly is an awesome resort!!! Your mom will love it.!!

MJ

How wonderful and what a GREAT resort choice :cloud9: I hope you and your mom have a great time!

I don't post because I don't really have a question and this is our first Poly stay, so nothing to add. I do love reading everyone's thoughts, so thank you.

We are supposed to go in June, but thanks to something at DH's work (good, not bad) we may have to change to August (free dining!). I'm thinking it will be less crowded and we already have tickets, so losing the 4/3 deal is no big deal. Hmmmmm, don't know what to do. It would still be Poly, though.

ETA: Hey David!!!!

Here's a few pics for your Monday morning :)

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

The next two are outside of Captain Cooks

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

well, it would be nice to hear the music, but it won't kill me if I can't! I sat online the last week of December when one of our fellow disers had his cam set up for the week and I logged on every night to watch the fireworks in silence and enjoyed it every time, even if it was on my little computer screen! I just can't believe that I'll actually see it in person after thinking about it for all of these years. Only drama is, I'm hoping DD will adjust to the change I made (jumping ship from AKL to the Poly). She kept talking today about opening up the sliding doors and seeing the animals and I keep trying to explain that we're staying at an even better place...hope the Poly will be ok for my DD...I really think once we get there that there'll be plenty for her to enjoy! I just couldn't pass up the chance to stay at the Poly this time!

I've stayed at both AKL and the Poly and both are great resorts. I know you are going to be there with just your DD and you might find the Poly better for the transportation options. If AKL was elsewhere on Disney property, I'd stay there more often but the worst part about it (in my opinion!) is how looooong the buses take to get anywhere. Yes, AKL is cool with all the animals and they have great restaurants but you can't beat the Poly's location!! I swear that me and the kids could make a vacation out of riding the monorail! Be sure to ask the monorail attendant if you can ride up front. The kids are still talking about it (so I guess I'll ask this time too!)

Hi everyone. We checked in at the Poly today and spent the afternoon at the pool. Our room is great -- 3rd floor Hawaii with a gorgeous view of the castle.

Sunrise Safari this morning was awesome. I miss AKL but we are enjoying the Poly.

Haven't had any problems with crowds, but haven't been to the MK yet.

YEAH!!! It's great to hear your current trip information so thank you for updating us - even if it is a couple sentences on your iphone :) Are you using your 'safari' feature by the way? I've got an iphone too but have never used it to access the DIS boards!

My DD & I walked back from the GF tonight (had to go to Basin White). We passed by the beach movie setup right before it started. Looked like fun. There was a campfire there and maybe 15 people.

We passed by Fiji and they are definitely working on the outside stairs there. It was all boarded up.

We are going to watch Wishes from our balcony in 15 mins.

Do they have beach movies at the Poly or at GF (or both)? We stayed at Beach Club last year and we ended up at the movie on the beach for at least 4 of the nights we were there. They had marshmallows/smores kits you could buy and toast right there. And the kids played in the sand while my husband and I drank our tropical drinks and relaxed with some great Disney movies. And of course, we could see the Epcot AND HS fireworks from that beach! anyway, I was hoping that the Poly had this too for we would like to do that again!

And a few more...

The weather here has been in the 80's, so the mornings are usually pretty foggy. Love it that way! :)

Walkway to Niue

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0100.jpg

And for those of you missing Wishes from the beach...

P1000758.JPG

P1000781.JPG

Awesome pics, kaffinito! :banana: Thank you so much for posting them. Have a great time!! :dance3: How did the surprise go?

YEAH!!! It's great to hear your current trip information so thank you for updating us - even if it is a couple sentences on your iphone :) Are you using your 'safari' feature by the way? I've got an iphone too but have never used it to access the DIS boards!

Yes, I am using Safari to do this. It's a slow way to type though. We're at Epcot right now.

Great pics kaffinito! Thanks for posting them. :thumbsup2
Of course it's adding to the torture that my trip is still a year away! arghhhh! :headache:

kaffinito, thank you for my Poly fix. I too love the mornings at the Poly. I usually get up and stroll around while dd and dh snoooze a bit more.

Keep them coming! :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter