The ALL NEW Disney's Contemporary Resort & Bay Lake Tower FAQ with PICs! (FEB 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nevermind then, cross it off the list:thumbsup2

Just curious, has the decor changed since then? And, Craig, your photos of the 14th floor that I linked to yesterday, what year did you take them?

We were in 4912 in December, and it still looks exactly like Craig's pictures.

I agree about the balconies being better on 14. Although there seemed to be fewer birds and their "tell-tale" signs :goodvibes on 12.

Isn't the only difference the flat screen TV's which they didn't have before.

That's correct. There was a flat screen TV. I actually liked that it was on the bureau instead of built it. It seems like channel 20 didn' get quite loud enough some nights to hear it out on the balcony for Wishes. But with the TV turned towards the balcony, that helped some.

I like the sink better on 14, but don't like that there's only 1. And I really like that there are plenty of drawers :goodvibes

OK, now I appear to be talking myself back in liking 14 best. Hmmm... :laughing:

That's correct. There was a flat screen TV. I actually liked that it was on the bureau instead of built it. It seems like channel 20 didn' get quite loud enough some nights to hear it out on the balcony for Wishes. But with the TV turned towards the balcony, that helped some.

I like the sink better on 14, but don't like that there's only 1. And I really like that there are plenty of drawers :goodvibes

OK, now I appear to be talking myself back in liking 14 best. Hmmm... :laughing:
Thanks for confirming that. Personally we like the rooms better on the 12th floor and the fact the standard rooms are less expensive then the standard ones on the 14th floor. Plus we like having the bigger lounge, although I understand why the 14th floor lounge is made smaller.

Thanks for confirming that. Personally we like the rooms better on the 12th floor and the fact the standard rooms are less expensive then the standard ones on the 14th floor. Plus we like having the bigger lounge, although I understand why the 14th floor lounge is made smaller.

Well, our December trip was a splurge. Hubby's bday. Don't get me wrong, I love my in-laws, but they're "frugal". He spent his whole life getting smaller bday and xmas gifts than his sister since his bday is right near Christmas. So I decided to give him the "best bday ever" :rotfl:

Booked a TPV room at 20% off and thought I was getting a good deal. About a month after booking, my travel agent comes through with one of the 2 king rooms on 14 at 40% off. So we took it.

That trip we upgraded to annual passes. Between a 45% off annual pass discount and frequent flyer miles on JetBlue, we decided to go back for just a long weekend in January and try 12. We also prefer 12 and don't think the added price to be on 14 is worth it (if you're booking a standard king or standard queen room on 14).

Well, our December trip was a splurge. Hubby's bday. Don't get me wrong, I love my in-laws, but they're "frugal". He spent his whole life getting smaller bday and xmas gifts than his sister since his bday is right near Christmas. So I decided to give him the "best bday ever" :rotfl:

Booked a TPV room at 20% off and thought I was getting a good deal. About a month after booking, my travel agent comes through with one of the 2 king rooms on 14 at 40% off. So we took it.

That trip we upgraded to annual passes. Between a 45% off annual pass discount and frequent flyer miles on JetBlue, we decided to go back for just a long weekend in January and try 12. We also prefer 12 and don't think the added price to be on 14 is worth it (if you're booking a standard king or standard queen room on 14).
That sounded like a great deal and I guess when you factor in the AP discount, plus using your miles spending the extra cost for the 14th floor is not so bad. Although without any discounts and etc then it's a different story because if someone wanted a standard Club Level room the 12th floor is less expensive, so the only difference would be the lounges.

I know I have seen it either here on this thread or another but can anyone tell me what floor is the skybridge/walk to BLT? TIA.:flower3:

Sorry Just found it in the beginning. It's been a long day.:hippie:

I know I have seen it either here on this thread or another but can anyone tell me what floor is the skybridge/walk to BLT? TIA.:flower3:

Sorry Just found it in the beginning. It's been a long day.:hippie:
Phew, glad you found out that it's on the 8th floor.

Tee hee:rotfl: It's still on the 4th:flower3:

And all this talk of the 14th floor makes me want to cry for not just booking it when I was on the phone the first time! I know I would be happy on either floor. I agree with everything that Mary T said about Sugarloaf. I have no doubt that the GFlo is a fabulous resort, I just don't know if it's the resort for us this year. I waffle around way too much when it comes to our Disney vacations.

And all this talk of the 14th floor makes me want to cry for not just booking it when I was on the phone the first time! I know I would be happy on either floor. I agree with everything that Mary T said about Sugarloaf. I have no doubt that the GFlo is a fabulous resort, I just don't know if it's the resort for us this year. I waffle around way too much when it comes to our Disney vacations.
As long as it's MICKEY waffles, it's OK;)

Don't worry about the 14th Vs. the 12th, you'll have a great vacation on either floor:)

Phew, glad you found out that it's on the 8th floor.

Tee hee:rotfl: It's still on the 4th:flower3:

:rotfl::lmao: When I got to your post, I only saw the first half and then I was like, the 8th floor.:confused3 I was thinking to myself that I thought the sign that CR Resort Fan posted in the beginning said it was on the 4th floor. Then I scrolled down a tad further. :rotfl2::laughing:

Ok.. let me add this.. DO NOT GIVE UP! Keep calling back- when I first stayed on the 14th FL, it was because of a lovely CM! A few years ago, we had come back from a fabu stay in the summer.. I kept hearing about the Christmas decorations and without telling my DH, I called in... tried to book a TPV in the tower, all booked up.. CM puts me on hold.. I was on hold for almost 15-20min! He comes back on and said he had a 14th FL TPV room and I took it evne though it was a bit more money than I expected to spend, I was back in CR so I didn't care, lol! Little did I know that it would be the HIT of our trip! I've never looked back and try to stay on 14 when I can, but I would also do 12 again too.

As a fellow waffler, I suggest you call on a whim now and then, checking to see if a room opened up on the 14th FL. YOu never know when the stars will line up, and the pixie dust will be sprinkled.

Honestly- either 12 or 14 would be great! Both floors offer great CMs and service! You won't regret either floor on club level!

Sorry.. I am known to be an enabler, ;)

Mary

How is the room service food? How speedy is room service? Would I have a problem making rope drop at MK if I order breakfast from room service?

I was wondering the same thing. How is the food and how long does it usually take for it to arrive? Any recommendations of "must haves" when ordering CR Room Service?

TIA :)

I was wondering the same thing. How is the food and how long does it usually take for it to arrive? Any recommendations of "must haves" when ordering CR Room Service?

TIA :)

We've always had very good luck with room service at the Contemporary. I don't think we've ever waited longer then 30-45 minutes for a full meal for four people (for quick items it's been less). The food on the whole is very good and if the menu hasn't changed since last summer, I'm partial to the braised beef short ribs. :)

My husband and I are thinking about renting the Sea Raycer when we are at Disney in June should I make reservation ahead of time. We are thinking an early time before it gets hot, it will be our stay around the resort day. We have a reservation at Liberty Tree Tavern at the MK at 12:30, but no other plans until then and I thought it might be fun to do.

My husband and I are thinking about renting the Sea Raycer when we are at Disney in June should I make reservation ahead of time. We are thinking an early time before it gets hot, it will be our stay around the resort day. We have a reservation at Liberty Tree Tavern at the MK at 12:30, but no other plans until then and I thought it might be fun to do.

The Sea Raycers can't be reserved. They are on a first come first serve basis. Not too familiar with CR but at the GF they have always had plenty available. We always rent them between 10:30 and 11:00. One time we rented them 2:30 in the afternoon and we were so hot out there. They are a lot of fun.

Tables in Wonderland presents: The Wave Discovery Dinner

Thursday February 25th, 2010
6:30pm Reception. 7:00pm Dinner

Location: The Wave, Meet at main podium. Disney’s Contemporary Resort.

Dress code: Casual Evening Attire

$92.00 per person, includes tax and gratuity

Reception
Appetizers paired with August Kesseler Sylvaner/Riesling, 2007, Rheingau, Germany

Salad
Myakka Heirloom Tomatoes, Fresh Mozzarella, Aged Balsamic Strawberries and Tiny Opal Basil
Marques de Caceres Rose, 2008, Rioja, Spain

Appetizer
Seared Sea Scallops with Cream Corn and Applewood Smoked Bacon
Tablas Creek ‘Cotes du Tablas’ Blanc (Viognier, Roussanne, Marsanne, and Grenache Blanc), 2008, Paso Robles, CA.

Entree
Duck and Lobster Two Ways –Duck Confit and Sliced Breast. Lobster Tagliatelle and Caribbean Spiny Lobster
Domaine Vincent Girardin ‘Emotion de Terroirs’ Burgundy (Pinot Noir), 2005, Meursault, France

Dessert
Lott Farms Strawberry Charlotte with Strawberry infused Gelato, Chocolate Truffle Mousse, Strawberry Nectar, Balsamic Strawberry reduction.
Perrin et Fils Vinsobres (Syrah/Granache), 2007, Cotes du Rhone, France.

The Wave Discovery Dinners continue in February by celebrating our Central Florida Strawberry crop. Our Farmer/Chef dinner will feature Lott Farms located just west of Plant City, Florida. Mike and Sandy Lott started their farm in 1979 on rented land and purchased and built their family farm of 50 acres in 1983. They have lived on and farmed this land with their children and grandchildren since that date. Mike’s great strawberries are sold under the Classic label through C&D Produce Distributors.

Jim Killam is the North Florida Sales Manager for Vineyard Brands. He is the importer of all the wines that have been chosen to pair with the menu selections to be served this evening. Jim has been involved in the Food & Beverage Industry for over 30 years and has been a long-time friend and partner with the Walt Disney World Food & Beverage team. Jim is a Certified Sommelier by the Court of the Master Sommeliers.

For reservations, please send an email to
WDW.Tables.In.Wonderland@disney.com with the following information: your interest to book, your name, daytime phone number, home address, and the number of people in your party. You will be notified on a first-come, first-serve basis. Your credit card will be taken over the phone once your reservation is confirmed. The event is limited to 50 Guests. If you had previously sent an email with regards to this event, please send an email starting now to book the event.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2010/01/30/tables-in-wonderland-february-dining-events/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter