• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Adventurosity Club

Hi everyone!
Thought I would check in as this past weekend brought back a lot of memories.
Have been in WDW since Nov 30 and will not be leaving until Dec 19th!! :cool1:
This weekend was Dis-A-Palooza and we met up with Circusgirl (Heather) and Tothesea (Missy) as well as Kennythe Pirate!!
For those that dont remember Kenny he was involved in the CMO threads way back when the Adventurosity Club was born.
Big news is that Kenny won a Cruise on the Wonder during Podcast Cruise 2.0 for his high score of 309,000 and change during the Toy Story Midway Mania meet on Saturday night!! :cheer2: :cheer2:
A good time was had by all and if you would like to see some pics and such, check out the podcast boards as there are quite a few threads regarding events this weekend.
Off to Animal Kingdom now, and MK this evening.
Hope everyone is well and will check in again soon.

Oh, hope you guys are having a blast!

How cool for Kenny!!

Love that you all got together!!

Hey guys!

Anyone notice anything special about the All Ears Picture of the Week?
:goodvibes;)

Hey guys!

Anyone notice anything special about the All Ears Picture of the Week?
:goodvibes;)

What a cutie! I think she is showing extremely good taste and is reacting in fashion horror to the Wicked Stepsister's outfit and eye makeup.
How fun to have your picture chosen!

I'm so glad you posted - now I know about your PTR!

What a cutie! I think she is showing extremely good taste and is reacting in fashion horror to the Wicked Stepsister's outfit and eye makeup.
How fun to have your picture chosen!

I'm so glad you posted - now I know about your PTR!

I agree! Anastasia's makeup leaves a lot to be desired!

Yes, please join my PTR. It's not too long ... as I haven't been doing too much this time around...been a bit busy with the baby!

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Circusgirl - I have a PTR too, if you want to join in! :)

Thanks! I got to catch up on your PTR too. I was really good about being on DIS for a while and then Christmas and January/February happened!:rotfl2:

Hey All,

I know it's been a long time since you've heard from me, but 2009 was a stinky year, and I kinda stepped away since I was not feeling too Disney-ish. The main thing is my Mom passed away - and although it freed her from the awful Alzheimer's disease - it left me very lost. But enough of that -

I am slowly coming back to some sort of normalcy, and thought I'd check in here to see what was going on. It's good to see some of you have been so steadfast! Especially Marshay and Circusgirl! Wow - you've kept the Club going - thanks! And kudos to all the rest of you who have stopped in to leave updates. I promise to try and become more active!

As for me, no Disney trips in the near future, but my "non-Disney" sister and I are taking a big trip in May! We are taking a Princess Alaska cruisetour! It should be a big adventure - and I think we'll have a great time.

My best to all,
Cathie

Hey All,

I know it's been a long time since you've heard from me, but 2009 was a stinky year, and I kinda stepped away since I was not feeling too Disney-ish. The main thing is my Mom passed away - and although it freed her from the awful Alzheimer's disease - it left me very lost. But enough of that -

I am slowly coming back to some sort of normalcy, and thought I'd check in here to see what was going on. It's good to see some of you have been so steadfast! Especially Marshay and Circusgirl! Wow - you've kept the Club going - thanks! And kudos to all the rest of you who have stopped in to leave updates. I promise to try and become more active!

As for me, no Disney trips in the near future, but my "non-Disney" sister and I are taking a big trip in May! We are taking a Princess Alaska cruisetour! It should be a big adventure - and I think we'll have a great time.

My best to all,
Cathie

Hello, Cathie!!!!

So sorry about your dear Mom. Nothing prepares us for that loss. I still admire how much fun you made sure you had together.

Do you stop in Seattle around your cruise time? It would be fun to grab a visit if you go in and out of here on your way to Alaska. If you have any minutes and you'll be on the ground here let me know!

Great to hear from you!

Heather

Hello, Cathie!!!!

So sorry about your dear Mom. Nothing prepares us for that loss. I still admire how much fun you made sure you had together.

Do you stop in Seattle around your cruise time? It would be fun to grab a visit if you go in and out of here on your way to Alaska. If you have any minutes and you'll be on the ground here let me know!

Great to hear from you!

Heather

Thank you so much - I so appreciate your kind words. I wish you all could have met my Mom - she was a real hoot!
agu4zafnMEAy0Ve391Nkgg
Picture_0020.jpg

And as a matter of fact, we'll be staying 1 night in Seattle, Sunday May 16th. We won't be getting in until 6pm-ish, so we figured we would just have time eat and to hang around the hotel. It would be cool if you could come hang with us awhile!

We are staying at the oh-so-posh Best Western Airport Executel, 20717 International Blvd, so we are just a couple miles from airport - and not near downtown.

Anyway, we'll have to touch bases as the time gets nearer!

Cat

Hey Cat!!

It's good to hear from you again.

I'm very sorry about your mom!:hug:

Your Alaska cruise sounds wonderful! I hope to do that one day when my girls are older. Speaking of which, Rachel starts Kindergarten this fall :scared1: and Elizabeth turns one year old on Friday :eek:

:rotfl2::lmao:

All's good. We just got the Imagineering Guides to WDW parks from the library and are reading them in preparation for our upcoming WDW trip (July).

We are also making 60+ cards for the Disney GAD promotion to be given to cancer patients in the hospital. We have 50 done so far. At first I was going to do "assembly line" but the scrapper inside of me couldn't. So we've done all separate cards. They are fun to do and of course the Disney Fastpasses this summer will be great to have!

Hey Cat!!

It's good to hear from you again.

I'm very sorry about your mom!:hug:

Your Alaska cruise sounds wonderful! I hope to do that one day when my girls are older. Speaking of which, Rachel starts Kindergarten this fall :scared1: and Elizabeth turns one year old on Friday :eek:

:rotfl2::lmao:

All's good. We just got the Imagineering Guides to WDW parks from the library and are reading them in preparation for our upcoming WDW trip (July).

We are also making 60+ cards for the Disney GAD promotion to be given to cancer patients in the hospital. We have 50 done so far. At first I was going to do "assembly line" but the scrapper inside of me couldn't. So we've done all separate cards. They are fun to do and of course the Disney Fastpasses this summer will be great to have!

Hey Marshay!

Thanks for the kind words.

As usual, you make my head spin - you are always so busy! And I can't believe the girls are so old! You should have such a wonderful time on your trip.

I'm starting to get excited about the Alaska trip - although I have to admit to thinking about how many trips I could make to DisneyWorld for the same price! :rotfl:

And kudos on the handmade cards - I know they will be so appreciated by the recipients!

Take care!
Cathie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter