• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tax refunds

I'm in the education and mortgage interest boat. I don't expect mine until at least March according to what I have read. Damn that fiscal cliff!

Ok, I just need to stop looking at the annoying update screen. Bob Seger is running through my head, "still the same..."

The only credits we have EIC and child tax.

Is anyone else having trouble filing due to form 8889 - HSA?
Mine has been rejected twice now.
Originally H&R Block gave me an error message saying I could re-file on feb 7.
I waited until the 8th, but it was still rejected.

Good news for some. IRS has announced that rental/depreciation and education credits will be accepted this week. Yippee!!!!

It seems like once they are filed the IRS is working faster this year, I filed my return on 2/8 the IRS accepted it within minutes and I just checked my status and it shows that it will be direct deposited 2/15 I have never received my deposit from them this fast usually my state is faster but it took 2 days for my state to accept it and it is still in process with them.

smj2610 said:
It seems like once they are filed the IRS is working faster this year, I filed my return on 2/8 the IRS accepted it within minutes and I just checked my status and it shows that it will be direct deposited 2/15 I have never received my deposit from them this fast usually my state is faster but it took 2 days for my state to accept it and it is still in process with them.

Your right we have the same dd lol

I also believe the promptness of the return depends on whether or not you have direct depositing.

We did not do direct deposit and our accountant said we will receive it within 10-12 days.

Is anyone else having trouble filing due to form 8889 - HSA?
Mine has been rejected twice now.
Originally H&R Block gave me an error message saying I could re-file on feb 7.
I waited until the 8th, but it was still rejected.

I am sorry you are having problems with your return, I also have an HSA and had no problem with having my return accepted though it seemed to take a long time for them to process it :confused3

Filed on the 7th...accepted quickly....updated today with a DD of 15th...We have NEVER had such a quick turn around...Illinois State Refund on the other hand not sure...Accepted but that is it...

Mine were finally accepted by Fed!! Yay!!! Those darn education forms are no longer holding it up :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter