• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

SWGE AP previews - Meet Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cm and their access to pass friends and family into DHS are blocked for the next 3 months, and it will probably be extended, who knows when they'll be allowed in, so having 2 weeks of discount for these two experiences I think is more than fair. Btw the discount only 10%
Meh, that’s subjective to me. If it says no AP or other discounts are offered for the experience, then no discounts should be allowed - CM or otherwise. But if they are allowing CM discounts during the CM preview days, then I think it’s only fair that they allow AP discount to be used during the AP preview :confused3

But like I said, it’s a subjective idea of fair and we have differing opinions

If they let all the early people stay as long as they like it will ruin the experience for the 1-5 block people. The wait times for the ride, food and everything else will be extreme compared to the early blocks of people.
I am tending to agree with you on this one. Why have time blocks at all? At least with the CM previews there are a lot of days and I’m guessing SWGE isn’t too crowded but there are fewer AP previews and I do worry about crowds. We have the last time slot on the last day, 5-9pm and if people stay over their 1-5pm time then that makes the land more crowded. I was looking forward to fewer people from 7-9.

I'll be there the 17th 1-5pm! I chose SR and the Cantina. I'll be solo, so if anyone wants to meet up let me know (I don't want to sit in the cantina alone 😢 lol) I'm flying down from Buffalo on the 16th, staying at POFQ and flying home the 18th.... then I'll be back 8/31-9/4 at AKL!
If they will let you take a plus one in, I’m totally game! My husband reserved Savi for me and I’m more interested in a $12 cocktail than a $200 light saber lol

What non-preview plans does everyone have for their preview day? Have we talked about that?

I'm flying in late Friday the 16th and flying back out early Sunday the 18th so I have a very small window. We usually take breaks, but plan on going pretty hard the 17th because it's just the one day.

Currently we plan on doing EMH at AK for Everest/safari/dinosaur (we aren't bothering with Pandora this time) and then heading to our 1pm preview slot. We have some FPs at HS for star tours and TSM currently. We plan on ending our day over at Epcot to catch one final showing of illuminations - our next trip isn't until October.

Last edited:
What non-preview plans does everyone have for their preview day? Have we talked about that?

I'm flying in late Friday the 15th and flying back out early Sunday the 16th so I have a very small window. We usually take breaks, but plan on going pretty hard the 17th because it's just the one day.

Currently we plan on doing EMH at AK for Everest/safari/dinosaur (we aren't bothering with Pandora this time) and then heading to our 1pm preview slot. We have some FPs at HS for star tours and TSM currently. We plan on ending our day over at Epcot to catch one final showing of illuminations - our next trip isn't until October.

We are hitting Batuu in the morning, then walking around epcot for a little bit and taking monorail to MK (its open until midnight that night) so we are going to be exhausteddddd.

We are hitting Batuu in the morning, then walking around epcot for a little bit and taking monorail to MK (its open until midnight that night) so we are going to be exhausteddddd.
We have Akershus at 8:20, then my husband will spend the day in Epcot while I head over to HS around 11, then Epcot for illuminations and mayyyyyybe over to MK? Doing AK Friday am and MNSSHP Friday night!! Woooot

I'm flying in late Friday the 15th and flying back out early Sunday the 16th so I have a very small window. We usually take breaks, but plan on going pretty hard the 17th because it's just the one day.

I fly in Saturday morning and back home Monday morning (6am flights both times). I have MK FP's booked for Saturday afternoon, but I think I might swing by the outlet store first thing after I land. Then MK for my FP's, unless I can get a FOP or TOT last minute. I want to see Illuminations again before it leaves so that's Saturday. Sunday probably AK in the morning, then I guess I'll head to DHS. My time slot is 5-9pm so I'm hoping to get some day-of FPs for that park. I'm solo so I usually have pretty good luck.

hat non-preview plans does everyone have for their preview day? Have we talked about that?

We already had a trip planned from the 10th -16th and extended a day to attend the preview. We’re doing Wild Africa Trek at AK on the 12th, have BoG for lunch on our MK day, and a bunch of FP at each park. We’re hoping for a laid back visit since it’s just the 3 of us (DH and DD 8). We haven’t been to Disney with just our family since we’ve had APs so it will be nice to go at our own pace and really take advantage of our APs to hop in and out and take time for Disney Springs and lazy days at the pool. Excited to check out Coronado on our last night (OKW wasn’t available for a good price for the day we added). The pool looks pretty cool.

We had a trip planned Aug 20 - 20 with high hope that the AP preview might occur during this time frame and yippee it. Our first day will be Galaxy's Edge with Oga's. We are doing Circle of Flavors in AK on the 21st, and the Sci Fi restaurant for lunch and SW Galactic Dessert Party the 22nd evening. On the 23rd a day in AK with FP+ for FOP, Safari, and Kali Rapids. MK on our last day with late lunch at Chef Art Smith's Homecomin... It's getting close, can't wait.

Flying in Friday the 16th- land at midnight at MCO, gonna leave Coronado morning of the 17th @9am and head over to HS for the 11am slot to SWGE. Selected MFSR and Savi- once those are done, will walk around and head to try as much of the food, then marketplace. Will probably end in Epcot to see illuminations for the last time as we wont be back until November.

I get in late afternoon on the 17th and leave early morning the 19th. I'm flexible since I'm solo, but I will probably head over to MK on the 17th for the evening. On the 18th, rope drop AK to ride FoP (unless I get a last minute FP) and spend morning in AK, then head over HS for 1:00 pm reservation at SWGE and end the evening at Epcot.

My plan is identical to yours! lol. Same time slot in SWGE as well. But our flight home is late Sunday night so we can go to MK before catching magical express.

We fly in the morning of the 21sr and back home early evening on the 22nd. Don’t feel sorry for us because we’ll be back 4 days later for an 12 day trip. We are hanging at Pop until 3pm on the 21st then doing Star Tours followed by our 5-9pm Preview where we’ll concentrate on exploring the land, riding MFSR, and shopping. Next day we’ll play in Epcot until we take the sad bus back to MCO.
We had a trip planned Aug 20 - 20 with high hope that the AP preview might occur during this time frame and yippee it. Our first day will be Galaxy's Edge with Oga's. We are doing Circle of Flavors in AK on the 21st, and the Sci Fi restaurant for lunch and SW Galactic Dessert Party the 22nd evening. On the 23rd a day in AK with FP+ for FOP, Safari, and Kali Rapids. MK on our last day with late lunch at Chef Art Smith's Homecomin... It's getting close, can't wait.
We are doing the Circles of Flavor the Wednesday after you! Can’t wait for that!

My dates were super wrong in my post. Brain fart.

Friday the 16th, preview the 17th, flying back home the 18th.

I already had a trip planned that covers part of the preview and I was able to book the preview on the day I had DHS FP+ booked. So I have a 9-1 preview and then FP at 1:30, 2:30 & 3:30. I will probably head back to the resort after the last FP. It will be a long day for me, but hopefully it will be worth it.

I'm flying in late Friday the 16th and flying back out early Sunday the 18th so I have a very small window. We usually take breaks, but plan on going pretty hard the 17th because it's just the one day.

We arrive on the 18th...afternoon and evening at MK. EPCOT maybe the morning of the 19th? Then 3 to 7 GE with Oga’s. Then DAH at AK...so excited for this too! Flying home way way way too early on the 20th.

We have the 9-1 spot on 8/19. I’m thinking we are going to RD HS and grab lunch in SWGE before taking a pool break at POFQ and then heading to Epcot for dinner and our last IllumiNations :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter