Sure signs of not planning

Being a baby.

Maybe I'm an ageist, but every time I see a baby at Disney World I can just tell they put almost no effort into planning.

Lol. When I read the quote above, I really didn't get it either. I totally had no clue what they were trying to say there. It went right over my head. I am glad I'm not the only one who didn't get it.

My SIL going for the first time with her pre-teens and deciding to share a condo with a family that had two toddlers. I told her she should make plans for her kids (rides etc.) and just meet up with the other family for meals. Well nope they had to travel in a pack. Guess who didn't have any fun? The pre-teen kids! They didn't get to go on rides or do much of anything .

My planning consists of making all my ADR and FP certain parks on certain days. We do not get up at the crack of dawn for rope-drop! We stroll into our park of choice, ride our FP rides, eat at our ADR and if a park has pm EMH we stroll over there. We are those crazy people who actually watch the street performers, take time to go on the odd ball rides/attractions (Tom Sawyer, Liberty Bell, People mover...)

My SIL going for the first time with her pre-teens and deciding to share a condo with a family that had two toddlers. I told her she should make plans for her kids (rides etc.) and just meet up with the other family for meals. Well nope they had to travel in a pack. Guess who didn't have any fun? The pre-teen kids! They didn't get to go on rides or do much of anything .

My planning consists of making all my ADR and FP certain parks on certain days. We do not get up at the crack of dawn for rope-drop! We stroll into our park of choice, ride our FP rides, eat at our ADR and if a park has pm EMH we stroll over there. We are those crazy people who actually watch the street performers, take time to go on the odd ball rides/attractions (Tom Sawyer, Liberty Bell, People mover...)

We're kind of moving this way. We still do rope drop, but we're getting a lot more laid back, especially midday. We've been able to go a lot recently so we haven't felt as pressured to hit all the headliners every time. Star Wars weekend was really fun but we pretty much only rode Star Tours (four times) and still had a ton of fun.

My sister and I hopped on the Epcot monorail to go back to the TTC and head back to Poly. Curiously, there :rotfl2:was a family sitting in the section we picked that did not get off the monorail. Midway through the ride to the TTC, I overhear the family, pretty frustrated, with the dad telling them that magic kingdom HAS to be the next stop.
(During this declaration, the monorail announcements are explaining that to get to MK, you'll have to switch monorails. They do not pay attention to this)
So I tell them, politely if they want to go to MK, they have to switch monorails at the TTC. "This is the Epcot monorail, it only goes to Epcot"
The dad kinda nods dismissively at me, and when we arrive at the TTC, THEY STAY ON THE MONORAIL, and I hear the dad tell his family "she doesn't know what she's talking about"
I like to think they spent the rest of the day on the Epcot monorail, in their own personal twilight zone, waiting for the MK stop that never comes.

Oh.Em.Gee

I met a family this week who said they were taking their kids to Disney. So I asked them if they knew about the Fast Passes and how to book them. They said they only had fast passes for one day, but were probably going to go to another day and can I get them passes to get in for that? I looked at them and said, "Fast Passes aren't your tickets to get into the park, you need to link the ticket you already have with the phone or web app and book your rides for your 3 little girls or you may not get to ride much." "Oh ok we will download it then, talk to my wife."

So I ask I wife... "So do you know about the fast passes to book ahead of time so you don't have to wait?" "I know a lady in Florida who is getting us discount tickets." "So you don't have your tickets yet? So without a ticket or confirmation number, you won't be able to book any FPs. What does it mean to get a 'discount ticket', do you know how its discounted or where it's coming from? If they are typical FLorida Resident passes, the adults would have to prove they live in Florida in order to use them. You don't have the tickets yet?" (And they don't live in FL) "No, but she said she can get us discounts."

"Nice meeting you, have a great day..." That was yesterday and the are going to the parks tomorrow...

It's kinda scary how many of these could have been me on my first trip. I bet it's more common than it should be.

This thread and the "worst advice you ever received" thread are causing me a lot of personal stress. I can't imagine spending Disney money only to stand in line the whole time and eat nothing but Cosmic Rays because of poor planning. And I'm not even really a commando they way some disboarders are (though my in-laws might disagree).

Lol. When I read the quote above, I really didn't get it either. I totally had no clue what they were trying to say there. It went right over my head. I am glad I'm not the only one who didn't get it.
The problem is the singular subject and the plural pronoun. Yes, I know it is becoming common usage, but this is a good reason to still use the phrase "his or her" when the antecedent is singular. :teeth:

The problem is the singular subject and the plural pronoun. Yes, I know it is becoming common usage, but this is a good reason to still use the phrase "his or her" when the antecedent is singular. :teeth:

Or maybe it was done intentionally to rile up the troops. Perhaps we'll never know.

(Just kidding... I work on computers, not on words. Your English mumbo-jumbo is almost lost on me.)

I just got back, and at Magic Kingdom I hear a guy telling someone that they don't have fireworks at Magic Kingdom because its too crowded. They only have them at Epcot because they can shoot them off at the lake.

You mean all those times I watched wishes I was dreaming? What a great dream!

I met a family this week who said they were taking their kids to Disney. So I asked them if they knew about the Fast Passes and how to book them. They said they only had fast passes for one day, but were probably going to go to another day and can I get them passes to get in for that? I looked at them and said, "Fast Passes aren't your tickets to get into the park, you need to link the ticket you already have with the phone or web app and book your rides for your 3 little girls or you may not get to ride much." "Oh ok we will download it then, talk to my wife."

So I ask I wife... "So do you know about the fast passes to book ahead of time so you don't have to wait?" "I know a lady in Florida who is getting us discount tickets." "So you don't have your tickets yet? So without a ticket or confirmation number, you won't be able to book any FPs. What does it mean to get a 'discount ticket', do you know how its discounted or where it's coming from? If they are typical FLorida Resident passes, the adults would have to prove they live in Florida in order to use them. You don't have the tickets yet?" (And they don't live in FL) "No, but she said she can get us discounts."

"Nice meeting you, have a great day..." That was yesterday and the are going to the parks tomorrow...

Wow there's a costly mistake in there. Disney is really strict on the Florida Resident tickets if that's what they are referring too.

Let me tell you about not planning, booking while 40 weeks pregnant and going to Disney with a 2 year old and 7 week old. Booking FD and not making 1 ADR and only bringing 1 stroller because your 2 year old will walk. HA. LOL!!! That was me!!!

But when we checked in the very nice CM noticed we didn't have any ADR and asked if we had plans for which parks we would be going to on which days. We said "no". He then proceeded to ask us our taste in food, he booked ADR for us for each day and outlined what parks we should go to. We ended up with Chef Mickeys, Rain Forest Cafe (AK), Biergarten, Le Cellier, and Sci-fi. We did end up carrying the 2 year old a lot and baby wearing the newborn when the toddler wanted the stroller. But we had a blast and made some great memories. I guess looking back, I owe that CM a great big thank you!!

I know that planning is not for everyone. I prefer to plan, but sometimes I travel for business and am less concerned with planning. When I "wing it" my expectations are very low and I don't really care what I get to do. I'm an avid photographer and love just taking pictures so that usually works best.

I know too many people who had a bad experience and it was the expectations and planning that didn't match.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter