Strategies to Survive during the HOT HOT Summer...

:rolleyes1:lovestruc:rolleyes1
Ladies, let's be real....
Take care of the men in your life...get them the above mentioned product.
Please! The men and their chafing are far worse than the women !

And if you happen to be waiting for your loved ones to go on a ride...people watch. You will start to notice the telltale walk of people who do not invest in the powder.

If you are getting just water at CS restaurants, is there a place to get the water or do you wait in line?

We had the SAME problem and I've never read about anyone else who did!? I wonder what we did 'wrong?' :confused3

Lol it has to be our error right? I thought I followed the instructions...but then again I cannot get these stupid fast pass rules right...so I am not a good one to align with ..lolol But it was so gross. I never bought them again.

If you are getting just water at CS restaurants, is there a place to get the water or do you wait in line?

You have to wait in line. If it's a counter service place that has a drink station you fill yourself, I've seen people fill personal water bottles without standing in line, but that's so unsanitary and you really should get in line and get a cup.

Lol it has to be our error right? I thought I followed the instructions...but then again I cannot get these stupid fast pass rules right...so I am not a good one to align with ..lolol But it was so gross. I never bought them again.

Our issue was that they never dried, so when I put them back in my backpack I put them in a ziploc bag so they didn't get everything else wet. I'd take it out of the ziploc when we got back to the resort (never more than 2-3 hours later) and they'd be covered in mold. They also dry hard and solid as a rock so I couldn't figure out (if they did dry) how to get them in our bag because they wouldn't fold!

We had the SAME problem and I've never read about anyone else who did!? I wonder what we did 'wrong?' :confused3

Did you store them wet for a long time? We always let our dry (and stiffen) overnight, then in the morning we'd fill the sink with ice and wet them while we get ready. Have had ours for 3 summers now and use them at home and at the parks and never had mold.

Did you store them wet for a long time? We always let our dry (and stiffen) overnight, then in the morning we'd fill the sink with ice and wet them while we get ready. Have had ours for 3 summers now and use them at home and at the parks and never had mold.

Ok, so if you wet them in the morning, how did you transport them until you were ready to use them? We only ever stored them for a couple hours at most, but maybe the heat and being in a sealed ziploc did something. I just didn't want them to be loose in our bag when they were wet.

When we were there at the end of June, when waiting for Fantasmic, my daughter popped up to a walk-up snack cart and asked for a cup of ice water and they gladly gave it to her. Also, at MK, outside of Casey's Hot Dogs on Main Street, they had giant Igloo style coolers set up with cups for people to help themselves.

Oh, man. We are going next week. We live in So. Cal where there is no humidity. This is why I only go every 5 years. The hit kills me!

Can anyone recommend an electrolyte that isn't flavored? Can't stand the flavor of things like Gatorade/PowerAde etc, plus would prefer without sugar. There are loads of electrolyte tablets listed online, but no clue how to tell a good from a bad.

My husband has a grass cutting business so he's out in the heat of the summer and he has a tendency to cramp. He started using Endurolytes from Hammer Nutrition and it has helped a lot. They have tablet form and a flavored fizz form. He also keep several packets of their Hammer Gel handy when we go to Disney. It helps with the mid-afternoon slump when we don't want to snack but need energy.

Im definitely getting one of those mist fans. Waaaaaay back when ..we got a disney one for my oldest.. It was expensive. My kids always whine about the misting fans. We get to the park and the whole time..."See that kid has one!" or "Mooom that mom loves her child enough to keep her cool". Brats. lol

Really I am buying a couple because I want one now for when I wait for everyone to ride the rides..lol I saw a thread some place on here suggesting decent inexpensive ones?

Im definitely getting one of those mist fans. Waaaaaay back when ..we got a disney one for my oldest.. It was expensive. My kids always whine about the misting fans. We get to the park and the whole time..."See that kid has one!" or "Mooom that mom loves her child enough to keep her cool". Brats. lol

Really I am buying a couple because I want one now for when I wait for everyone to ride the rides..lol I saw a thread some place on here suggesting decent inexpensive ones?

I'll be honest, I've never had much luck with misting fans (general ones or Disney ones.) It's literally so hot that the water gets warm as soon as it hits your skin, and the fan is just blowing hot air around. The only time it works well is if you load it with a ton of ice (which doesn't last long and makes the bottle sweat,) or if you use it to spray yourself before going into the AC.

I'll be honest, I've never had much luck with misting fans (general ones or Disney ones.) It's literally so hot that the water gets warm as soon as it hits your skin, and the fan is just blowing hot air around. The only time it works well is if you load it with a ton of ice (which doesn't last long and makes the bottle sweat,) or if you use it to spray yourself before going into the AC.

Me neither. I think it's the same reason as why we didn't find Frogg Toggs to be helpful on our last August trip. I think once it gets too hot (or maybe too humid?) it's not relieving anything anymore.

At the risk of TMI, I wore a sports bra with a little extra "give" in it last July, and I found that a cold bottle of water tucked in the bra in front really helped cool me down quickly on a couple of occasions when I really needed it (e.g. waiting for an afternoon parade). It also works in the back of your shorts waistband. You can drink the water once the chill is off it, and replace with a new cold one if necessary. At the time, I was so hot that I was beyond caring if I looked a little lumpy.

I'll be honest save your money on them...you can get a handheld fan and spray bottle from walmart cheaper then the fans with misters....there's also less chance of leaking that can occur with the misting fans. Less bulky too if you have bags.

I finally found some of the small O2 Cool Mister Fans at WalMart, I picked up a couple. They are small enough that I don't think they will be much to carry and cheap enough so that if they turn out to be useless I won't feel bad about spending a lot on them.

I finally found some of the small O2 Cool Mister Fans at WalMart, I picked up a couple. They are small enough that I don't think they will be much to carry and cheap enough so that if they turn out to be useless I won't feel bad about spending a lot on them.

Love the mini-mister fans! So much better than the heavy, clunky large mister fans. The small ones have a carabineer clip, so easy to attach to a belt loop or strap of a bag. You do have to refill the water reservoir more often, since they're so small, but I absolutely loved mine!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter