• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stop laughing at us! We are the losers still waiting for $1 hotels

Hi, everyone!! Glad everyone is doing well now!! Angie, I hate to hear about your floor, but I guess if you sell it, the owners will always know who had it before them! :confused3

DS19 came home from college yesterday for spring break. He had an eye exam this morning so cha-ching for me there!! Tomorrow, we are going to the outlet mall in St Augustine because DD is outgrowing her clothes and wants some baby clothes too and doesn't mind that being her b-day present!! :thumbsup2

Christine, tell us about your marathon when you get a chance. We can live vicariously through you!;)

Have a great weekend!!!

Have fun baby clothes shopping! :banana: Hope your DS enjoys his Spring break.

Thanks for reminding me of the eye exam. Time to take DD for that and new contacts. Too much cha-ching for that. :rolleyes:

Hi, everyone!! Glad everyone is doing well now!! Angie, I hate to hear about your floor, but I guess if you sell it, the owners will always know who had it before them! :confused3

DS19 came home from college yesterday for spring break. He had an eye exam this morning so cha-ching for me there!! Tomorrow, we are going to the outlet mall in St Augustine because DD is outgrowing her clothes and wants some baby clothes too and doesn't mind that being her b-day present!! :thumbsup2

Christine, tell us about your marathon when you get a chance. We can live vicariously through you!;)

Have a great weekend!!!

Sounds like a nice weekend for you. We are taking DS17 to Adrian College for his music audition on Saturday. Sunday DS17 has an art festival at his school where he will be singing, dancing, playing the trumpet and playing piano. Kids will always keep you busy!

I had good news today! Last week my Dr. found a large mass outside of my uterus and I had a CAT scan today. He was a bit worried about cancer. He said it looks more fiberous then cancer! I will be having surgery in the near future as it is the size of a baseball.:scared1: I am so happy it is most likely not cancer, I have been terrified! He said IF it is cancer it will be easy to remove. Easier for him then me.

Sounds like a nice weekend for you. We are taking DS17 to Adrian College for his music audition on Saturday. Sunday DS17 has an art festival at his school where he will be singing, dancing, playing the trumpet and playing piano. Kids will always keep you busy!

I had good news today! Last week my Dr. found a large mass outside of my uterus and I had a CAT scan today. He was a bit worried about cancer. He said it looks more fiberous then cancer! I will be having surgery in the near future as it is the size of a baseball.:scared1: I am so happy it is most likely not cancer, I have been terrified! He said IF it is cancer it will be easy to remove. Easier for him then me.

Adrian is a really nice college. Your son is a lucky guy. I almost went there, but scholarships didn't cover enough of the tuition cost. I ended up at U of M.:confused3

Sending lots of good vibes and prayers to you that everything works out well for your surgery and a quick recovery. :hug:

Good Morning !!

Angie i'm so glad to hear your DD is feeling better, you surely deserved that night out yesterday ! I hope you had a great time :cool1:

Welcome Back Christine !! we missed you !

Kelli good luck getting rid of all the cookies, you need some time to yourself you poor thing !

Shmiley have fun shopping for baby clothes !! :banana:

Hinodis, I hope everything turns out good, you must have been scared out of your mind ! enjoy your weekend with your DS

Good afternoon.

Hinodis, how scary for you. I hope all goes well with your surgery. :hug:

Been a lazy day around here. Gotta save my energy for Thursday. :goodvibes

I'm so sorry. :hug: I hope everything turns out fine. :hug:

Hello losers! Thanks for all your well wishes:hug: We had a nice time at Adrian College. He was given instant admission to the music program and the department head told us that he will be recieving 2 scholarships. DH mentioned that the school he goes to will depend greatly on the money offered. The Dept. head said we will do what it takes to get him here, he is an extremely talanted musician. Thats what we like to hear. Next weekend we will be at Ohio Northern University, that is my first pick. DS17 is getting so confused now, Heidleburg has offered him ALOT of money, almost a full ride. I told him he should have applied to Juliard.

FLAngie, i sorta got the impression that Adrian is not real big on giving alot of scholarship money. U of M is a great school! We only live about 40 minutes from there.

Have a wonderful Sunday! Its a beautiful day here in Michigan, the sun is shining! WOO HOO its going all the way up to 53 today....time to get out the shorts!:yay: :yay: :cool1:

Hi, Everyone!!!

Hinodis, I'm so glad you got good news on your scan! We will certainly be hoping that it is fibrous. You have lots of help around there take care of things while you get better, so make sure you use it to your advantage while you are suppose to be resting.;) Your DS17 sounds like he is doing great!! If the money is close on them, I would certainly say go with which ever he likes the best. If he's happy there, it will certainly make your life easier!! Which one does he like the best so far?

Angie, I hope you have a full week of well children!! Can you remember when that was the last time? I remember when mine were little and were sick!:eek: I hated those days!!!

Muffycat, I got lucky with the eye exam!! I have a little eye insurance so that paid for most of the eye exam and part of his glasses. For that part, I was left with $70 to pay and that included them being transitions lenses. Then I ordered his contacts and they were $3x.xx. I asked them if they took FSA cards and they did. It didn't cost me anything out of pocket at all!! I was soooo excited!!! :banana:

Kelli, I wish you lived closer!! I have had no GS cookies this year!! I have not seen them for sale outside any stores here or anything!! I'm really missing my cookie fix!!

Since this is the budge board, I guess I should tell you all about my shopping excursion. DH, DD17 and I went shopping. DD is too little to wear most maternity clothes so we are really having a time finding something that fits. We got two pairs of capris. Then we went to Ralph Lauren and bought her one of the Polo dresses so it would fit over the belly and one loose dress at Aeropostale. She had been to Carter's with a friend of hers and bought some great stuff a while back for $2.99 each. Then they gave her several 20% off coupons good for this month. We went in there and spent $199.44 on baby stuff!! :eek: We have enough clothes for the little man for a while. We bought newborn, 3 months, 6 months,and 9 months as well as getting a mattress pad, socks, a couple blankets, and a towel and washclothes. While DD and I were shopping in there, DH is walking around getting his own stash of stuff. His bill was $70. Then we went to Osh Kosh and racked up again!! Little man's closet is pretty full and his mama had a blast spending her b-day money! Then, right before we left, I hit up the Disney outlet!! I got three shirts, a box of the coconut candies, and a wallet! :woohoo:

Have a great day!!:flower3:

Good morning all

Smily, I love the sales you got while shopping! I'm a sucker for items that are reduced alot.
I need your eyeglass place, you did great!

Hinodis, glad the college visit was successful. :thumbsup2

Hello losers! Thanks for all your well wishes:hug: We had a nice time at Adrian College. He was given instant admission to the music program and the department head told us that he will be recieving 2 scholarships. DH mentioned that the school he goes to will depend greatly on the money offered. The Dept. head said we will do what it takes to get him here, he is an extremely talanted musician. Thats what we like to hear. Next weekend we will be at Ohio Northern University, that is my first pick. DS17 is getting so confused now, Heidleburg has offered him ALOT of money, almost a full ride. I told him he should have applied to Juliard.

FLAngie, i sorta got the impression that Adrian is not real big on giving alot of scholarship money. U of M is a great school! We only live about 40 minutes from there.

Have a wonderful Sunday! Its a beautiful day here in Michigan, the sun is shining! WOO HOO its going all the way up to 53 today....time to get out the shorts!:yay: :yay: :cool1:

Wow. That is awesome that your son is getting so many offers to choose from. Have fun with the picking.

:hug: Hoping everything goes well with your surgery. :hug:

Hi, Everyone!!!

Kelli, I wish you lived closer!! I have had no GS cookies this year!! I have not seen them for sale outside any stores here or anything!! I'm really missing my cookie fix!!

Have a great day!!:flower3:

We have G.S. selling cookies everywhere I look. :headache:

Good afternoon.

Hinodis, how scary for you. I hope all goes well with your surgery. :hug:

Been a lazy day around here. Gotta save my energy for Thursday. :goodvibes

How long will you be gone Kat ? only 3 more days for you :yay:

Shmily sounds like you had a successful shopping excursion ! what did you get for us !? :confused3

Good Morning !

Happy Monday!!

The Dr.'s office called me this morning and said they saw "something" attached to the outside of my cervix. They are not sure what it is. I told DH they can just take it all out I won't be needing it! Send me some pixie dust, this is getting a little nerve wracking for me.

Shmily, sounds like you had so much fun shopping. We have not done any shopping yet. She still has not even seen a Dr. and she is 14 weeks already! I guess we can't force her. She told DS she would go in April. Don't feel bad, I don't have any GS cookies either. I probably need some at this point.

Kat....take me with you!

Wow! That is awesome that he has so many choices! No, I don't think Adrian is not big on scholarship money. At least not a long time ago when I was accepted there. U of M gave me almost a full ride, I had to take out a small Stafford Loan. I still wonder what it would have been like if I went to Adrian. U of M was a little too big for me. I never personally met most of my professors and just felt like a student number most of the time, if that makes any sense. My graduate school was much smaller and I loved it. I knew my professors and they all had a vested interested that all of their students did well.

Happy Monday!!

The Dr.'s office called me this morning and said they saw "something" attached to the outside of my cervix. They are not sure what it is. I told DH they can just take it all out I won't be needing it! Send me some pixie dust, this is getting a little nerve wracking for me.

Shmily, sounds like you had so much fun shopping. We have not done any shopping yet. She still has not even seen a Dr. and she is 14 weeks already! I guess we can't force her. She told DS she would go in April. Don't feel bad, I don't have any GS cookies either. I probably need some at this point.

Kat....take me with you!

More hugs and prayers and pixie dust going your way that everything turns out well!:grouphug: :hug: :tink:

Happy Monday!!

Kat....take me with you!

:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter