• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Starbucks on Property

I love Starbucks! Plus I was so excited to add their ceramic Disney Parks travel mug to my collection on my last trip to DL!!

AGREED :)
Just remember that many many people who visit Disney are not American and so visiting Starbucks in Disney is trying something different. The majority of the menu of Starbucks USA is different to Starbucks Ireland and Starbucks UK for example, so for me Starbucks in Disney is having drinks and food that I would not have at home

Totally understand. Starbucks here is kind of a joke chain when it comes to coffee. Especially when you go to Seattle, even the locals avoid it for independent coffee houses. I never want to see Disney going the chain route as the experience is sub par from what I expect from a WDW experience. When I walk into a bakery I don't want processed, pre-packaged food like Starbucks servers. I want a fresh from the oven bakery experience. That was one of the things that made the main street bakery great.

I really hated the idea at first, but after just coming back from a 10-day trip where I was able to get an iced vanilla latte made with coconut milk (soy and dairy allergies), I've changed my mind.

I love the theming of Creature Comforts, the Starbucks at AK. Plus, I don't think I was able to get a decent cup of coffee anywhere except maybe Kona before. Not a Joffreys fan.

I'm all for it. It wakes me up a heck of a lot better than Joffrey's or Nescrape, and I wouldn't call myself a coffee snob by any means (just drink Dunkin at home). Remember that the Starbucks logo on Main Street is directly across from the Coca Cola logo at Casey's, and frankly Starbucks is far more subtle. They're providing a product I enjoy while I'm there, and they're doing it fantastically well - the 3 Starbucks in the parks I've been to all look appropriately themed and far from out of place (haven't been to AK yet!). They aren't even Starbucks employees, they're cast members (in park that is).

@CodeGoddess Its the same somewhat here in Europe too, but not to the extent as in America. Funnily enough, Starbucks in Ireland is seen as a cool trendy place, which is mostly down to its locations here in Dublin. Starbucks has only been in the country for about 9 years, and most of the locations are in affluent or tourist areas, where as in London they have alot more locations in all types of areas.

I guess its popularity outside of America is due to it being an American company which especially in Europe makes it attractive and popular. Any American pop culture is very popular in many countries

The thing is that the Bakery and Ice Cream at MK has always been sponsored. The bakery was previously sponsored by Sara Lee and Nestle. The Ice Cream Parlor was at one point Borden's Plaza Ice Cream Parlor.

Most of the food items originally served at MK were associated with a sponsor. If you find old guide maps from the early years, many of the Town Square listings included something about a sponsor.

I guess its popularity outside of America is due to it being an American company which especially in Europe makes it attractive and popular. Any American pop culture is very popular in many countries

I noticed that last time my relatives from Belfast were here! They took back so much stuff with them.

No great prob with Starbucks in the parks. Honestly it seems inexpensive compared to Disney's food prices. My two wishes are that they wouldn't have obliterated Main St Bakery (and its cinnamon buns) for it but rather sold Starbucks at the bakery or given it its own location and that the Disney Starbucks offer some things I can't get at my regular one and having Mickey in the cup doesn't count. Even if they only shaped their normal brownies in mouse ears would be something.

Generally I only get Starbucks when I have a gift card, which I get more often than most since I work at a school and they are easy gifts to give staff. I save the cards up for Disney trips and buy a mocha frap or breakfast with them to save money.

I live in the land of Dunkin Donuts on every corner. DH and I LOVE being able to go to Starbucks when we are at Disney...or anywhere on vacation really!

I love their chai lattes and I love being to get these on vacation. These are big time treats for me so it fits quite well.

However I don't care for their current line of baked goods. I much preferred their old items to what they have now.

That is a very good point about other countries not having Starbucks. I would have never thought about it that way.

I really miss the Main Street Bakery. We have 13 Starbucks locations in Boca Raton and a bazillion more within a 20 minute radius. I thought it was really awesome when I moved here because when I lived in MA the closest one was 20 minutes away, but now I couldn't care less. I do understand the popularity in WDW though. There are so many visitors that probably have never stepped into a Starbucks until they went to WDW. I just wish Starbucks would offer almond milk. I'm not a big fan of soy milk and do not like coconut milk in my coffee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter