Star Wars Weekend Tips 2012

We did 7 am - Midnight the first day of SWW last year. It was so much fun, and we got to see George Lucas as well. We really hope that it all works out that we can go again this year, and without the kids again. (Love them, but my older one doesn't like Star Wars -I'm so ashamed!- and my younger one isn't old enough to have fun... yet!)
I leave you all with this picture from last year-
248574_10150254376437419_650077418_9448202_3845397_n.jpg

Trying to make dining reservations. What time is the parade?

The Star Wars parade was usually around 11am but last year I think it was a little later around 12:30 or so which I liked a lot better even if it is hotter and sunnier later.

So how are all the other attractions during the SWW? Under capacity I hope due to all the events going on, as well as everyone riding Star Tours..

I don't really care about autographs or really anything else other than the parade, will my girlfriend and I have a bad time? And as in bad time I mean waiting in long lines for rides.

So how are all the other attractions during the SWW? Under capacity I hope due to all the events going on, as well as everyone riding Star Tours..

I don't really care about autographs or really anything else other than the parade, will my girlfriend and I have a bad time? And as in bad time I mean waiting in long lines for rides.

the rest of the park has regular wait times for that time of the year, although you'll see more people on the streets since SWW events are spread out thru out the park. The area around ST is a mad house, if you want to do the parade grab a spot early

the rest of the park has regular wait times for that time of the year, although you'll see more people on the streets since SWW events are spread out thru out the park. The area around ST is a mad house, if you want to do the parade grab a spot early

How early is early? I was going to schedule a lunch ADR -- it looks like the parade last year (according to that studiocentrals link above) was at 12:40, so I'm wondering if I should just do a later (1:30ish) lunch vs. an earlier (11:00ish) lunch?

I also plan on trying to sign my older DS up for the Padawan Mind Challenge, but I see the times last year were at 2:10 and 6:30 -- that would interfere with a later lunch if he got in at 2:10. Can you request 6:30? Man, I wasn't expecting it be this hard to plan everything! LOL I'm not going to worry about JTA since they've done that before (although, I'm sure they'd LOVE to fight Darth Maul, but I know there isn't a guarantee of who they'd get).

Speaking of Padawan Mind Challenge . . . what kinds of questions do they ask? My DS knows a lot -- as long as it's not super "geek" adult level trivia, I'm sure he'd do great, but if it's too watered down and easy, he probably wouldn't want to do it.

How early is early? I was going to schedule a lunch ADR -- it looks like the parade last year (according to that studiocentrals link above) was at 12:40, so I'm wondering if I should just do a later (1:30ish) lunch vs. an earlier (11:00ish) lunch?

I also plan on trying to sign my older DS up for the Padawan Mind Challenge, but I see the times last year were at 2:10 and 6:30 -- that would interfere with a later lunch if he got in at 2:10. Can you request 6:30? Man, I wasn't expecting it be this hard to plan everything! LOL I'm not going to worry about JTA since they've done that before (although, I'm sure they'd LOVE to fight Darth Maul, but I know there isn't a guarantee of who they'd get).

Speaking of Padawan Mind Challenge . . . what kinds of questions do they ask? My DS knows a lot -- as long as it's not super "geek" adult level trivia, I'm sure he'd do great, but if it's too watered down and easy, he probably wouldn't want to do it.

The Parade: in years past the parade has started by the entrance of DHS to the gate next to ST. SWW 2011 they decided to shorten the parade just to go from the entrance of DHS to the stage by the Hat. This was a major problem since they cut off half of the parade viewing areas, this meant that you needed to grab a spotr 1 1/2 hours before the parade. Who knows what will happen this year, I hope the run the parade the whole length again.
Padawan Mind Challenge: you can pick for which show to be on, one is all about Star Wars The Clone Wars (animated series) the other is on Classic Star Wars. The questions start easy but get difficult as they go on, at the end everyone gets the same prize.

The Parade: in years past the parade has started by the entrance of DHS to the gate next to ST. SWW 2011 they decided to shorten the parade just to go from the entrance of DHS to the stage by the Hat. This was a major problem since they cut off half of the parade viewing areas, this meant that you needed to grab a spotr 1 1/2 hours before the parade. Who knows what will happen this year, I hope the run the parade the whole length again.
Padawan Mind Challenge: you can pick for which show to be on, one is all about Star Wars The Clone Wars (animated series) the other is on Classic Star Wars. The questions start easy but get difficult as they go on, at the end everyone gets the same prize.

Thanks!

I can't see us staking out a spot 1 1/2 hours before the parade . . . might have to forego that. Maybe they'll lengthen the route to how it was before and it won't be that bad. The good thing about going the last weekend is I get to hear/learn from everyone else the previous weeks re: their tips.

You don't by chance know if the earlier show was the movies and the later show the Clone Wars or vice-versa, do you? Not that it means that they'll do it the same way this year, just curious.

That's something I'll DEFINITELy be keeping an eye on! Thanks for the tip on the shortened parade route.

1) If they open the gates before 9 am, does that mean they still do rope at 9 am? Or will they let you in the park before 9 am?

2) Star Wars parade - 11:30 ish? From entrance to hat? That parade route seems very very short.

3) Afternoon parade - is it Pixar ot Star Wars?

Thanks!

I already made 8 am ADR one more to make sure we get in before rope drop, but now I don't think we'll have time since it sounds like we can actually start riding rides and getting fastpasses before 9 am.

Any thoughts.

1) If they open the gates before 9 am, does that mean they still do rope at 9 am? Or will they let you in the park before 9 am?

2) Star Wars parade - 11:30 ish? From entrance to hat? That parade route seems very very short.

3) Afternoon parade - is it Pixar ot Star Wars?

Thanks!
1.- SWW 2011 they opened the park early, around 7:45am, and the major rides were already open, no rope drop at 9am.
2.- SWW 2011 the parade started at 12:40 from the entrance to the Hat, the route was very short, I hope this coming year they extended back to Star Tours.
3.- Afternoon parade is Pixar Countdown to Fun

I already made 8 am ADR one more to make sure we get in before rope drop, but now I don't think we'll have time since it sounds like we can actually start riding rides and getting fastpasses before 9 am.

Any thoughts.
This past SWW coincided with the opening of the new ST, it was very popular, I think this is why they decided to open so early, no one know what will happen this coming year. It's a wait and see situation at this point.

Anyone have suggestions on where to make an ADR? We don't usually have a sit down meal at DHS-we have only tried Mama Melrose, which was not that great. We will have kids with us, ages 5-12.

Also very difficult to make an ADR when we don't know when the parade will be-what's up with that? :confused3

Anyone have suggestions on where to make an ADR? We don't usually have a sit down meal at DHS-we have only tried Mama Melrose, which was not that great. We will have kids with us, ages 5-12.

Also very difficult to make an ADR when we don't know when the parade will be-what's up with that? :confused3

50's Prime Time Cafe is our staple at Hollywood Studios. The food is decent, but the atmosphere is second to none! We have been taking our kids there every year since their first trip at age 2-1/2. The wait staff interaction will have your kids in an uproar. On numerous occasions, I've had to clear plates to the kitchen, stand in the corner for wearing my hat at the table, and stand in front of the whole section and sing "I'm a little teapot" (TWICE!). Anything though to make my kids smile!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter