SSR Studio x 14 nights...I shouldn't have banked my points!

How’s the WiFi at SSR? If you are relying on that for schooling then other resorts I’ve been are a bit of a lottery

I didn't think they liked you using cooking devices other than the microwave and toaster (and coffee pot) in the studios. Too many smells into the neighboring villas, plus no hood for exhausting.

I wouldn't plan on buying any frozen foods at all.

I don’t think anyone puts a hood over their slow cooker at home-I sure don’t put mine on my stove and run the hood.

I don’t think anyone puts a hood over their slow cooker at home-I sure don’t put mine on my stove and run the hood.
But you aren't cooking in your bedroom, are you?

No, but many many folks in the world cook in studio apartments and dorm rooms.

If you plan to try this, I might think about making a few split stays. If you ask, they'll keep you in the same room anyway, so they don't have to clean. And maybe you want a new room, so it will be clean or is refurbed! But a cast member is going to be a lot more able to upgrade 3-4 nights than 14. Definitely have heard about this happening in Covid times! Maybe go be nice to some front desk staff... And then try some other front desk staff next shift...

Also, with current rules, split stay would let you change it up. You could modify a reservation to go to OKW, or whatever, based on availability or what you want to do, or whatever. I love split stays with all the different personalities of these resorts. A 14 day reservation would lock you in, even if a AK value room popped up.
ROSEGOLD! I thought about what you were talking about. I checked on my reservation and the CM yesterday booked us for an additional 2 nights at SSR. I called to make that adjustment and asked about other availability. I was able to snag a Savanna room at Kidani for the 6 nights! I will be back at SSR the second part but still a good idea to split. I was apprehensive because I thought they would not move our stuff from one resort to the other. They will, it is only DME that won't do the luggage from airport to resorts. So this take a bit of my worry away. I really wanted to go and watch the animals etc while the boys study and work. I owe you a huge thanks.

I didn't think they liked you using cooking devices other than the microwave and toaster (and coffee pot) in the studios. Too many smells into the neighboring villas, plus no hood for exhausting.

I wouldn't plan on buying any frozen foods at all.
Ut oh, I did not mean to start this discussion. But a microwave will emit just as much smells as a crockpot or other device. Ask any office worker who has a fish loving coworker. LOL:fish:

Also I plan on having a few deliveries to drop a few items every few days. I'm going to work out a system ;)

The microwave smell is real. My oldest is 23 and I still can’t stomach the smell of microwave popcorn after sitting next to the office microwave when I was pregnant with her...:crazy2:

I was able to snag a Savanna room at Kidani for the 6 nights!

WOW! A week in the Savanna is my DVC bucket list, and kind of why I even got into DVC in the first place. When I was a 90s kid, I totally remember this concept as some kind of hotel fantasy dream. To actually get to stay in it that long, how awesome for you!

WOW! A week in the Savanna is my DVC bucket list, and kind of why I even got into DVC in the first place. When I was a 90s kid, I totally remember this concept as some kind of hotel fantasy dream. To actually get to stay in it that long, how awesome for you!
I owe all the props to you for suggesting such a thing. I have stayed in a 2brdm Savanna in 2018. It was really nice. I could stay for a shorter time but extending for as long as possible is what I am aiming for since really the boys will be schooling most days until 2-3. The parks are not open much longer than that, but now at Kidani we will really be able to enjoy the resort. Especially during the two hour lunches. SANAA make room!

The microwave smell is real. My oldest is 23 and I still can’t stomach the smell of microwave popcorn after sitting next to the office microwave when I was pregnant with her...:crazy2:
Sara,
Your signature is out of date...kinda like mine was until yesterday. I have not been this active on discards for a long time. Despite other platforms this is always the best advice around.

Watch out for soft sided coolers, they tend to leak and if the floor is carpeted you could leave a mess that might catch the maid's eye and leave you with a cleaning charge. Most major grocery stores and big box stores sell styrofoam coolers that are cheap and won't leak on you. When you are done with it, just empty it, stick it in the ice machine room, and leave a "free" note on it. You can also leave it there and upload a picture of it with the location on the Disney Free Cycle Facebook page.

Watch out for soft sided coolers, they tend to leak and if the floor is carpeted you could leave a mess that might catch the maid's eye and leave you with a cleaning charge.

I travel with these all the time. In a bigger space, you leave them in the kitchen sink or right next to the sink on the kitchen counter, so they drain to the kitchen sink. In a smaller space, just leave it in the bathtub. Even a lousy one will work OK if you fill it twice a day from the ice machine.

Watch out for soft sided coolers, they tend to leak and if the floor is carpeted you could leave a mess that might catch the maid's eye and leave you with a cleaning charge. Most major grocery stores and big box stores sell styrofoam coolers that are cheap and won't leak on you. When you are done with it, just empty it, stick it in the ice machine room, and leave a "free" note on it. You can also leave it there and upload a picture of it with the location on the Disney Free Cycle Facebook page.
Good thinking! I have one with a liner and its pretty solid but will plan to keep it on the bathroom floor or in the shower. I think I will test the liner before I go.

What about double bagging the cooler? Either get a little bit smaller one, or a little bit larger one so they will fit inside each other. That not only gives you more insulation to keep things colder, but another layer to help prevent leakage.

In 2016 I did 12 nights in a studio with 4 teenage girls, so I know you can do it. I bought an electric frying pan and a bowl to cook pasta in the microwave so that we could prepare food in the room, but I have since heard that the frying pan is considered a fire hazard. Have a blast, it sounds like a lot of fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter